Vikas Raikhy

vraikhy

Banned
Banned
Cocoz

Hello everybody. I own and manage a commercial cinema which has been in the family for more than 75 years. From this was born a passion for music and movies. Ten years back I forayed into the world of home theaters and high end audio. This led me to take up dealerships of some brands. Knowing the Indian market I selected Sonodyne and Cadence. I have a lot of experience with their products especially in combination and comparison to other brands which cost much more. Have done many projects in two channel as well as multichannel audio along with a host of video projectors. As I am based at Ludhiana, Punjab, their is not much of a retail market for the upper end brands over here. I now undertake turnkey projects for various audio/ video requirements. I have done some high end installs for houses of worship i.e. Gurdwaras (sikh temple). These are always a challenge as they have highly resonant interiors and use multi directional microphones! I have studied similar situations in churches in the western countries and am now better informed how to deal with acoustics. Hope to learn more from other members and share my understanding of audio with them.
Regards,
Vikas

Attachments

• Cadence Room 1.jpg
    Cadence Room 1.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Cadence Room 2.jpg
    Cadence Room 2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Sonodyne 1.jpg
    Sonodyne 1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Sonodyne 2.jpg
    Sonodyne 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Cocoz 1.jpg
    Cocoz 1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hi Vikas
Welcome
Its so good to have people like you join this forum. Someone like me can a learn lot from you. And all you pro guys out there can share your experiences with each other
I am sure you will have a wonderful time here as there are some super talented people out here

Hi,

Vikas a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum ! have great time here !!

The pics that you've put I believe is some of the installations that you've done !

Please do post the set-up that you own ! so that we can enjoy that aswell !!

Regards.

I own and manage a commercial cinema which has been in the family for more than 75 years

Hi Vikas,

Welcome to the forum.

I am interested in vintage cinema sound equipment .
Do you know what the original equipment instaled in your theater was?Do you still have it?

Regards
Rajiv

In reference to your query in my blogs of mini theatre photo's, please be adviced of the following.

I have bought the dalite screen from faizal, that is all.

I have made my mini theatre by myself, i took around 10/15% professional help, with special mention to acoustics, there were these av max guys, who helped me on this acoustics.

Vinay

Vikas,

I have liked your home theatre pictures, as other members have said, please consider to show us the bigger pictures.

It was a pleasure to go through your profile.

I am familiar with ludhiana, i used to export a lot of bicycle parts, which i used to source from your end, once upon a time i was the biggest exporter to Philippines.

Vinay.

Hi Vikas
Welcome
Its so good to have people like you join this forum. Someone like me can a learn lot from you. And all you pro guys out there can share your experiences with each other
I am sure you will have a wonderful time here as there are some super talented people out here

Thank you. Yes it would be great to exchange information. I am certain that no one person knows everything about hi-fi, wheter he is a pro or amatuer.

Hi Vikas
Welcome

Welcome Vikas. Do I see Cadence loudspeakers in the first two images?

Yes. They are the Cadence Arita and Diva model of speakers. Also seen is the Cadence VA-1HP valve amp.

Hi,

Vikas a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum ! have great time here !!

The pics that you've put I believe is some of the installations that you've done !

Please do post the set-up that you own ! so that we can enjoy that aswell !!

Regards.

These pictures are of my demo rooms. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Vikas,

Welcome to the forum.

I am interested in vintage cinema sound equipment .
Do you know what the original equipment instaled in your theater was?Do you still have it?

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks for the welcome. The orignal sound equipment was RCA. We have changed it four times since the cinema was built, each time with newer models of RCA. Last upgrade was ten years back to JBL. We still have the vintage equipment and I have ceiling hung some of the speakers for display in my office.

Vikas,

I have liked your home theatre pictures, as other members have said, please consider to show us the bigger pictures.

It was a pleasure to go through your profile.

I am familiar with ludhiana, i used to export a lot of bicycle parts, which i used to source from your end, once upon a time i was the biggest exporter to Philippines.

Vinay.

Thank you Vinay. Can you tell me how to load full size pics on my profile? I am new to this website! Pics are of my demo rooms at Ludhiana.

The orignal sound equipment was RCA

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for the reply.

RCA made some really good equipment.

The first system would have had field coil speakers.
Do you still have the original RCA field coil MI 1444 WOOFERS and
MI 1428/1443 HF drivers,with their original power supplies and crossovers?

Even the later PM MI 9449 woofers and MI 9584 Hf units are very good.

RCA tube amps are also very good.

If you are ever planning to sell the old RCA equipment please contact me.
Regards
Rajiv

Hi,

Whoa :eek: ! My bad Vikas ;) !! I thought otherwise ! Neat demo rooms,you have two rooms right ??

Well its great !! impressive must admit !

Vikas as said earlier please do upload a bigger size pic of your demo rooms and also your personal stuff (hope you don't mind)

If you need any clarifications as to how to put bigger pics in the posts etc please refer to the link below ;)!!

http://www.hifivision.com/announcements/1091-how-post-image-hifivision-com.html#post7359

Regards.

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for the reply.

RCA made some really good equipment.

The first system would have had field coil speakers.
Do you still have the original RCA field coil MI 1444 WOOFERS and
MI 1428/1443 HF drivers,with their original power supplies and crossovers?

Even the later PM MI 9449 woofers and MI 9584 Hf units are very good.

RCA tube amps are also very good.

If you are ever planning to sell the old RCA equipment please contact me.
Regards
Rajiv

Yes I still have some of the crossovers and HF units but the coils are gone! Same story for the woofers, I have the cabinets but the drivers are not available. You are right about the tube amps. We continued to use them till the valves were no longer available. I do not have anything for sale but if you specify what you require, I am sure I could locate it from some other theater. I have seen Vestax and some other very good brands of audio in other theaters. Can you tell me how I can advertise high end second hand home audio equipment for sale on this site?

Either post it in the for sale subforum or put it in the dedicated ad section. You may reach there by clicking on of the ads on top of the main page.

Thank you Vinay. Can you tell me how to load full size pics on my profile? I am new to this website! Pics are of my demo rooms at Ludhiana.

Vikas, soundsgreat has given you the link, how to upload the pictures, but still if you have a problem, write a message to the owners of this hifisite, they will help you to the fullest.

So have you dealt with faisal - sound of music, and did you see the pictures of his good home theatres which he has made for some industrialists, etc?

Vinay.

Vikas, soundsgreat has given you the link, how to upload the pictures, but still if you have a problem, write a message to the owners of this hifisite, they will help you to the fullest.

So have you dealt with faisal - sound of music, and did you see the pictures of his good home theatres which he has made for some industrialists, etc?

Vinay.

Yes I have worked with Faizal/ sold some of his products. He was at Ludhiana last week and visited with me. He gave me some pictures of theatres done by him which look good. There is another guy by the name of Hiimanshu at Delhi who desighns the interiors of home theatres and does the acoustics. Have you heard of him?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back