Vintage gear...Kenwood, Rotel,Sony.

prakashsubbanna

Here are the Vintage amps of Kenwood KA-5700, Rotel RA-413 & Sony TA-F5A.

Each has its own signature sound. :)

Thanks for looking. Regards.

Attachments

• 4V5A9608.jpg
    4V5A9608.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 4V5A9609.jpg
    4V5A9609.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 447
  • 4V5A9620.jpg
    4V5A9620.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 447
  • 4V5A9621.jpg
    4V5A9621.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 447
  • 4V5A9630.jpg
    4V5A9630.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 446
@jairus Thank you.
@ hemanthwaghe Thank you & appreciate you dropping to see my images on flickr. No we have not interacted before..if my memory serves me right. :) Regards.

@ saheb11123, Thank you very much. Yes, I am a big fan of the VU meters. Those dancing needles are a beauty. Of all the three I have the biggest VU meters are on SONY & smallest on the ROTEL.

@ sachu888, Thank you very much for your appreciation & stopping by at my other images on the link. You find on the tuner is very nice. I think the corner gash can be taken care off...

@jmascreen, these beauties are hard to find in India now-a-days. Especially well maintained & working.

These adore the time-line of your music days.:):)

@ Shafic, Thank you very much.

@ reubensm, Yes, these are special & has a charm of its own. Feels good to listen & look at them for an extended period of time. Yes, they are in mint condition & did take some elbow grease from me to bring it to that level.:D

@ Sumanta, true they are work of art & reflects the minds of designers and engineers of the era. Dials, Huge knobs, switches & the layout...& not to forget the brushed aluminum face plates.

Only thing to be done is that these things are to be tendered carefully as spares are not available if some things go wrong.

... Yes, I am a big fan of the VU meters. Those dancing needles are a beauty. Of all the three I have the biggest VU meters are on SONY & smallest on the ROTEL.

I own a Technics SA-TX50, and as may be guessed, I'm also a fan of VU meters - bigger the better. It's not a true vintage-audio unit, since it's an AVR from the late-90s or so, but it will eventually become a classic:

Technics SA-TX50 Manual - Home THX Control Receiver - HiFi Engine

FWIW, there's a faulty Technics SE-A1000 with SU-C1000 preamp that's around in the Chennai used-equipment market now. It has similar large VU meters, and dates to the same era as the SA-TX50:

Technics SE-A1000 Manual - Stereo Power Amplifier - HiFi Engine

(I haven't bought it because the seller has unrealistic price expectations for an "as-is" unit, but will consider it for restoration if the price is right. This is not to be confused with the Technics SE-A100, which is a true classic.)

Last edited:
Excellent amps. This is the stuff I grew up with. Some of it owned by my dad and some at relatives and friends. Those days had the concept a "rack system". Usually used to land up from middle east.

I visited your flickr page and you have some amazing pictures there. Awesome.

Cheers

@linuxguru, VU meters & the brushed alluminum front are major attraction of these vintage beauties. Catch hold of the Technics SE-A1000, and restore it. Meters in it is as big as the amp itself. :eek:hyeah:

@ Anilva, just like you I too did grow up with these kind of audio range which includes Valve radios and Radiograms. But, could not own one in those days and had to be satisfied with small radio and home-brewed stereo. :D

Of late i could lay my hands on some of these working beauties. They never fail to transform me back in my time line when they are playing..!!

Thank you for visiting my images and I am happy you liked them. :D Regards.

Suuuper Guru.
Classy vintage stuff, mate.

My technics SU7700 M-II has VU meters.
The VU meter bulb is missing. Still hunting around for the replacement bulb.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back