Vintage Philips Prestige radio

Looks like Philips Prestige was popular Model. I also have this model. Was the first entertainment electronic product when we shifted to Kalyan from our native place. Strong emotional attachment to it. However my radio stopped working long time back. There was burst noise (Capacitor blown I think). But as of now I dont have zeal to open and repair.

I have schematic / service manual for 15RB505/00Z model No. It is in PDF format. Can not attach large files in the forum. See if following link works.

https://filebin.net/nho2mhbndafcvvh8

Also dont know how long the link will be working so hurry. Service manual courtesey is Radiomuseum. Earlier Our forum member AKS07 had also given me the schematic.
Regards

Greetings to Mr Anoop and other members. I have recently got a Philips Prestige 556 transistor radio but is in bad condition and is to restored. Can u help me with the Service Manual (incl. schematic). I will pay for the same if required. My email Id is [email protected].

Shall appreciate a quick response pls.
Regards,
David Stephen
Hyderabad Mob: 90049 38628

Hello David,
This Philips prestige must be having long Model no. Like 15 RB 556/XXX. The later serial no. determines the variations in the schematic. Can you check backpanel of the radio and give proper no. ?
regards

addition : OR you can become member of this wonderful site. I received Lots of help from nice members there.
LINK

Last edited:
Hello David,
This Philips prestige must be having long Model no. Like 15 RB 556/XXX. The later serial no. determines the variations in the schematic. Can you check backpanel of the radio and give proper no. ?
regards

addition : OR you can become member of this wonderful site. I received Lots of help from nice members there.
LINK
Dear Hiten, the model no is 15 RB 556/03S.
Thanks very much for ur kind response.
Regards,
David Stephen

Hello David,
Looks like this is solid state radio. See if you can take it to Mr. Pandu Rajan. He has very helpful nature but stays in Bangalore.
Regards.

Hello David,
regards

LINK
My radio number is 15 RB 556/01S

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back