VINTAGE RADIO RESTORATION, Bangalore

Hi
Uday
What a great job you have done! Have never seen such a beautiful collection. At the age of 48+ I can ruminate my bygone days when radio( not transistor) happened to be the only tangible media in a middle class Bengali family. Can never forget the nice programs aired by AIR. Would like to buy a vintage stuff in future.
Regards
Bhaskar
Dada r you interested in buying this valve radio?? & your budget for this dada??

Wow, what a collection and passion!

This brought back childhood memories...we used to have a Mulard radio when I was a child. What an awesome midrange the radio had! I remember waking up to the morning news coming through loud and clear on that set. Of course, we used to have a proper antenna that was like a small badminton net, that was strung across one side of the room.

One morning, there was a loud bang and a flash, and a puff of smoke from the set and a burning smell - and that was it. Our dear radio never spoke after that. I was in my higher secondary school at that time and was getting interested in machinery and electronics, so decided to open it up and look inside. Of course, could not really understand much of fix it. It lay opened up in the verandah, gathering dust.

A month later, we bought home the bright new latest gizmo - a "transistor radio" that was one-tenth the size and did not need that badminton-net antenna for reception. And that is how we moved from the good old days of wonderful valve sound to the tinny, plasticky solid state world.

I still cannot forget the charm and character of those valve radios. Will surely want to visit your museum someday.
Wishing you great success.

Wow, what a collection and passion!

This brought back childhood memories...we used to have a Mulard radio when I was a child. What an awesome midrange the radio had! I remember waking up to the morning news coming through loud and clear on that set. Of course, we used to have a proper antenna that was like a small badminton net, that was strung across one side of the room.

One morning, there was a loud bang and a flash, and a puff of smoke from the set and a burning smell - and that was it. Our dear radio never spoke after that. I was in my higher secondary school at that time and was getting interested in machinery and electronics, so decided to open it up and look inside. Of course, could not really understand much of fix it. It lay opened up in the verandah, gathering dust.

A month later, we bought home the bright new latest gizmo - a "transistor radio" that was one-tenth the size and did not need that badminton-net antenna for reception. And that is how we moved from the good old days of wonderful valve sound to the tinny, plasticky solid state world.

I still cannot forget the charm and character of those valve radios. Will surely want to visit your museum someday.
Wishing you great success.
Hi sdasgupta Ji, yes nostalgic memories of Radio days. Hope you also remember the broadcast receiving licence which was required to be paid annually. A blue coloured book with an image of transmission tower.
I remember having preserved a book.

Hi sdasgupta Ji, yes nostalgic memories of Radio days. Hope you also remember the broadcast receiving licence which was required to be paid annually. A blue coloured book with an image of transmission tower.
I remember having preserved a book.
Yes, I remember having seen that. Had completely forgotten. Thanks for reminding us of the "govt control" on all so-called "luxuries" in those days :) .

Back