Vintage stuff in circulation in India

Contrary to conventional wisdom, Russian void free birch plywood is available here. I've used it and posted info here about the distributor about a year ago. BK Lunia of Eximport or Eximcorp.

The KFs are housed for cinema theatre duty in industrial cabinet with cable harnesses. Very well designed but not suited for a home environment. They are rack mounted, and the entire rack swivels to allow easy access to the base which is open for access to all components. I am getting a custom base fabricated to allow for safe operation as well as to mount RCAs and binding posts as well as a power cord.

Each 408 uses a pair of EL34s, an ECC83 and a GZ34. Since I've been an EL34 user for many years I've stocked up on these. ECC83 tubes were made by BEL and are freely available. Good GZ34 tubes are not so easy to find though.

Hello George - this is absolutely true. I have just about finished a speaker project which is based on the Soviet 15" cinema speakers from LOMO KINAP. I read that these are based on the Klangfilm design philosophy. Our very knowledgeable FM Rajiv also spoke highly of these. It was a long process of getting these speakers ready. So many hours of painstakingly tuning these to sound like these do, which is yummy. I complimented these with the Altec 288-Ks with Le-cleach horns and super tweeters which are crossed over quite high. Huge credit to Viren sir of Lyrita Audio to make this happen and being so patient. He considers the sound extremely well balanced and he considers it nothing short of the Altec 515s. In short it opened the doors of aural satisfaction for me. Realism are their forte. I will do a proper write up on these at a later stage. But the drive behind this project was to attempt a speaker which realizes the potential of alternative vintage brands like Kinap. These are built like a tank and I felt the huge Alnico magnets should perform well, so went ahead with it and I am glad I did.

Hi sir
I own Lomo Kinap 2A-14 drive 15” pair, unfortunately I was not able to procure it’s horn and crossovers, what is the best way to utilise these super vintage drivers, I ve read your article and I am of same thought process.

Back