Vinyl for Sale or Trade?

tek

Hi All

I am new to this forum.. just signed up!

I am a vinyl collector from Bombay. My main interests are in hard rock/punk, but also love various sorts of records and my tastes are quite varied.

I generally order my records online, either through eBay or Insound.com. Both work well, but the shipping pinches! Insound isn't bad, coz shipping is usualy free for orders over $100. They are nice enough to give us international folk a discount!

Anyhow, I do get rather impatient and enjoy the vinyl hunt here in Bombay itself too. I have been to all the various avenues.. the Chor Bazaars and 5 am markets, and I have numbers of various people who sell used records. My experiences with these fellows has been good sometimes, but generally leave me feeling like i've paid too much. I don't think it's right to pay more than Rs. 100 for a used record. I have in the past though, when it was something I really really wanted, even paid 300-400 for a single record!

Anyhow, I was wondering if there was anyone out there who had any old rock records they wanted to sell to a person who really loves the music. Or, if anyone is open to doing record trades. If people are interesetd in doing trades, can start a thread of that? I can list a bunch of stuff i'll be willing to trade.

Where do most of you guys get your records from in Bombay? The usual Salims, Alis, etc. from Chor Bazaar? Is there some way of making the process of getting vinyls more fun and cost effective for everyone?

Just some thoughts.

- Tek

hi tek,

i have a few vinyl records which i have kept exclusively for bartering. will have to go through and make list though. all seventies rock. if you have a list of lps you have for barter, do pm me with it.

regards

That's great. I think I'll make the list too and post it here. A lot of it isn't from the rock genre, but then again you never know if there is something there you may like. Some of it is from the 70s, and 60's... but i do warn you, there is quite a bit of pop :) So let me know if that's a no-no!

Hi Tek,
Also from Bombay, and a long-in-the-tooth vinyl hound.
Most of my acquisitions are from Chor Bazaar, very few from private sales. Got a bunch through friends overseas, some from my own visits abroad. Never bought online. Ocassionally have some duplicates for sale (or trade).
Would be great to get to know you. PM me if you're interested.
rgds

Hey guys

Great to see so many responses!

Just a general question to all of you... Stevieboy, G401Fan esp.. what kind of genres would be looking to trade into? i.e., what kind of stuff are you looking for.

I do have a lot of old jazz stuff as well that I wouldn't mind letting go. As well as some pop/smooth jazz/funk/classic rock.

I'll compile a list sooon, but just looking to see what people's interests are... wouldn't want to spend a few hours putting this together and have a negative response :p

Very happy to see Vinyl is truly alive and well on this forum!

Tek

I would love to participate from the buy side.But the trading exchange needs to be well monitored to prevent insider trading.:D

I do have a lot of old jazz stuff as well that I wouldn't mind letting go. As well as some pop/smooth jazz/funk/classic rock.

Hi Tek,

I might not have any records to trade or sell but I would be interested in buying your old jazz,classic rock and pop records.

Looking forward to your list.It would be helpful if you could state the condition of each record,using a grading system similar to the online used record sellers.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Tek,
I would also love to get few Jazz lps. But since Rajiv was first to respond I dont mind if he is given preference. Do you have Dave Brubeck's Take Five ? Waiting for the list. :licklips:
Regards

Hey guys

Great to see so many responses!

Just a general question to all of you... Stevieboy, G401Fan esp.. what kind of genres would be looking to trade into? i.e., what kind of stuff are you looking for.

I'll compile a list sooon, but just looking to see what people's interests are... wouldn't want to spend a few hours putting this together and have a negative response :p

Very happy to see Vinyl is truly alive and well on this forum!

Tek

hi tek,

classic rock, jazz. i do have a lot of old pop also so that would be an option too. there always is gonna be a hit and miss situation in these kind of things. you might have something someone wants but the other person might not have anything you want to pick up. particularly interested in iron maiden, led zep, judas priest, jimi hendrix, jeff beck. some of the stuff i have reserved strictly for barter are santana, dire straits, the who. i think i have a couple of claptons too.. eagles hotel california but skipping in couple of places. i'll have to double check and see playing condition..

i've got a rare one of screaming lord sutch, but no spare for barter :)

will be coming to bombay in december in case you have anything i like and vice versa.

regards

Hi Tek,
I would also love to get few Jazz lps. But since Rajiv was first to respond I dont mind if he is given preference. Do you have Dave Brubeck's Take Five ? Waiting for the list. :licklips:
Regards

hi hiten,

i have that album and a spare 'rainy day if it breaks' copy with a nasty cover. if i find another one i'll keep it for you.

regards

edit: the album name's time out.

Thanks Stevieboy
Yes Album name is "Time out". Also I have seen "Dave Brubeck's Gretest Hits' Vinyl at Razak's place in fort, but condition was not good. Both this album have my favourite track 'take five' so I mentioned take five. Thanks for offer.

Rock records are hard to find, whatever are available are sold immediately. Any other records you are looking for ? (other than mentioned in your post) I can/will look for them :)
regds.

grin grin nah sorry man. not even heard too much of them. except i think when you played some tracks when you were over long long back... when is it?

grin grin nah sorry man. not even heard too much of them. except i think when you played some tracks when you were over long long back... when is it?

21 Dec in IIT Powai...strongly recommended for anybody who can spare the time :D

Coming back to the subject...I have an extra copy of Tull's 'Thick as a brick'...can exchange for something up my alley...let me know if interested...

hot damn!!! wish you had some other tull album. that one i have. old pal gave me after he left vinyl.

have other albums too but aint gonna let go of them :eek:hyeah:

why dont we also put up our wanted list so peeps can check if they have it with them???

Ok Here is my wanted list,

ZZ Top - Eliminator
Yaz - Upstairs at Erics
Huey Lewis & the News - Sports
George Michael - Listen without prejudice
Kraftwerk - computer world
Dire Straits - communique

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back