Vinyl I'm not listening to

Sushant Sharma

Fellas
I have a few Vinyl Records that are too scratched and beyond repair and I will not listen to them anyways. The cool ideas could be to melt a record and make an ashtray, put them under a glass table top, make a lamp etc. Various artistic ideas to follow on Pinterest. Blasphemous or doable???whatcha think??? Im still going to go ahead and do something and not let them stay useless and catch dust but I thought it will be nice to gather a few opinions on the matter.;) Attaching 20181021_225706.jpgphoto

Maybe if the covers are in good shape , donate it to someone who may have same vinyl but cover in not too good condition

Just a suggestion

Sushant, my friend made a wall clock out of them. You can make too and sell. I am sure there will be many buyers in the forum . You get only the clock module from the shop. You need to just assemble it.

All the best

Rikhav, the vinyl is badly scratched and the covers are flimsy paper that almost seem like photostat copies so I doubt anybody would have much love for them. Thanks for the idea though.
Tuff and Hari thanks for the idea. I use to own a clock similar to that. Here are a few other ideas
https://pin.it/awrstiuxc46i74
https://pin.it/n6pqumsjdbcuq4

I saw a record on sale on Discogs marked "unplayable, for collection only" for a pretty steep price.
Don't recollect what it was. Must have been a collectible.

The records that are too scratchy and noisy can still be playable on ceramic carts, specially on changers.

Don't throw them away. Maybe put them on AV Giveaway thread.

Someone may use them to their listening pleasure.
I fully endorse the suggestion. I play such records in my radiograms, a combination of ceramic and valve radio can do wonders to the reproduction of such records. The funny thing is that even good records sound almost like bad ones when played in Radiograms

Fellas
I have a few Vinyl Records that are too scratched and beyond repair and I will not listen to them anyways. The cool ideas could be to melt a record and make an ashtray, put them under a glass table top, make a lamp etc. Various artistic ideas to follow on Pinterest. Blasphemous or doable???whatcha think??? Im still going to go ahead and do something and not let them stay useless and catch dust but I thought it will be nice to gather a few opinions on the matter.;) Attaching View attachment 31264photo
EPs usually don't sound good, even if they are mint.

Regards
Sachin

EPs usually don't sound good, even if they are mint.

Regards
Sachin

I have found EPs to be slightly inferior then LP but again SPs are good sounding as there are not as compressed as EPs.

And there are surprises hidden in EPs and SPs too, like missing songs, extra stanza, some extra music piece.

Well I'm a sucker for such things which is always a surprising delight.

I have found EPs to be slightly inferior then LP but again SPs are good sounding as there are not as compressed as EPs.

And there are surprises hidden in EPs and SPs too, like missing songs, extra stanza, some extra music piece.

SP are totally different. They definitely sound better than LPs.

Regards
Sachin

Also EPs and SPs of soundtracks released as fake stereo LPs were in original mono. For me this a big plus.

As Frend said, old EPs and SPs play very well on ceramic cartridge tt's. I have a number of such records and even if scratched, they sound good. U should clean them thoroughly and discard those which are obviously damaged, to avoid stylus breakage. Infact, 45 rpm has ,in many cases, greater fidelity than 33rpm, and sound excellent. They also command a premium.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back