Vinyl Import help needed

Sandesh

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is any registered company that can help me import vinyl titles of my band (150-200) into the country. Are there any such companies in India? I am guessing we still don't have a vinyl plant to produce vinyl here right?

I am no expert but will you be copyrighting your music ? That will make thing little cumbersome. I wonder if you can put on a lable on vinyl album like "For private circulation only" and get away with legal formalities.
Regards

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is any registered company that can help me import vinyl titles of my band (150-200) into the country. Are there any such companies in India? I am guessing we still don't have a vinyl plant to produce vinyl here right?
[/QUOTE]

I am no expert at this either but if you own the copyright, i dont see why it should be a problem. One needs to find a vinyl plant abroad, commission the work to them, provide all the masters for them to start production. Anyone with an import license should be able to get it to India from abroad. There are enough agents who should be able to help you with that.

Greetings,

I am no expert at this either but if you own the copyright, i dont see why it should be a problem. One needs to find a vinyl plant abroad, commission the work to them, provide all the masters for them to start production. Anyone with an import license should be able to get it to India from abroad. There are enough agents who should be able to help you with that.
[/QUOTE]
Can you suggest some agents? I basically want to avoid GST and Customs headaches. So I rather have someone else take the headache for me!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back