Service/warrenty issue with Parasound (Audio Excellence Distributer)

Anurag

My faulty Parasound amp is lying with the Distributer 'Audio Excellence' for the last 7 months and they are yet to addresses the issue. The owner of the distribution 'Anil Shrivastava' seems to be an extremely careless person, he is not at all bothered. The amp is the latest active model, so i don't think there should be parts availablity issue. The Distributer doesn't care to followup with the parent company to get it fixed nor does the parent company take up the responsibility. They don't respond to my emails on their international website, the Distributer also doesn't respond to my calls or messages, i don't know if their intention is not right. It seems now 1.5L totally wasted, such is the poor state of Hifi distribution affair here in India.
So now what can i do next, should i take some legal help, file an FIR, will that be of any help?

My faulty Parasound amp is lying with the Distributer 'Audio Excellence' for the last 7 months and they are yet to addresses the issue. The owner of the distribution 'Anil Shrivastava' seems to be an extremely careless person, he is not at all bothered. The amp is the latest active model, so i don't think there should be parts availablity issue. The Distributer doesn't care to followup with the parent company to get it fixed nor does the parent company take up the responsibility. They don't respond to my emails on their international website, the Distributer also doesn't respond to my calls or messages, i don't know if their intention is not right. It seems now 1.5L totally wasted, such is the poor state of Hifi distribution affair here in India.
So now what can i do next, should i take some legal help, file an FIR, will that be of any help?
Hi anurag.. You have my sympathies. If fixing your amp in the quickest time even if it costs more money is acceptable to you, then better to collect it back and show it to a outside technician. There should be quite a few in Mumbai. And if the parts the technician needs can't be sourced locally, then email parasound with a request for parts. I've had email interactions with Mr. Richard schram in the past, and at that time, he came across as a very helpful person. But apparently parasound was sold in 2022 to Mr. David sheriff and Mr. Richard is not at the helm of affairs anymore. This might explain the delays as there might have been a change in their ethics.

Sorry to hear your ordeal. I was in similar situation.

My Falcon LS3/5a has some minor tweeter issue which required to be replaced. https://iitav.com/ who is the distributor took 5 months to service. Worst part was I was literally robbed 4 times the price. Most of the time my call or message would not be returned. I had to put pressure on UK Falcon acoustics. Sadly even though they were ready to ship, they were helpless because Indian dealer was not making necessary arrangements. Please continue to escalate to parent company, or take the unit back get it service by yourself. sorry don't have better suggestion.

Once in a while we hear exceptional service ( I know someone in Hyderabad whose KEF speakers were replaced with no question asked for small cosmetic defects) but otherwise this is the mostly state of the affairs of after sale service in India. You can see for instance here

I was hoping buying from Indian companies or DIY option would be better. Its disappointing as well in my personal experience.

Sorry to know that.
Best is to write an email to Rotel head office/center which may help to process things faster.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back