Flipkart: feedback on their business practices.

I got another request from flipkart today for changing the feedback on one of their items. They are getting weird, day by day. Can anyone point out what was wrong in the said review which was posted in March 2011?

This is the item -
An Evening In Paris, Love In Tokyo -: Flipkart.com

My feedback said -

Good collection but the best song is missing

The song collection is good. The mastering is not perfect but there's nothing else better than this at present on offer.
The sad part of this disc is that the song 'Leja leja leja mera dil' by Sharda from An Evening in Paris is missing. I find that song to be the best one from this film.

This is really pathetic!! :mad:
Flipkart can't even digest a honest review on their website...all they want is praise praise praise...

Why don't you message their moronic CEOs at their facebook pages...

https://www.facebook.com/binny.bansal
https://www.facebook.com/sachin.bansal

I got another request from flipkart today for changing the feedback on one of their items. They are getting weird, day by day. Can anyone point out what was wrong in the said review which was posted in March 2011?

This is the item -
An Evening In Paris, Love In Tokyo -: Flipkart.com

My feedback said -

Good collection but the best song is missing

The song collection is good. The mastering is not perfect but there's nothing else better than this at present on offer.
The sad part of this disc is that the song 'Leja leja leja mera dil' by Sharda from An Evening in Paris is missing. I find that song to be the best one from this film.
There is nothing wrong with the review. Stick to your stand.

This is really pathetic!! :mad:
Flipkart can't even digest a honest review on their website...all they want is praise praise praise...

Why don't you message their moronic CEOs at their facebook pages...

https://www.facebook.com/binny.bansal
https://www.facebook.com/sachin.bansal

I won't be wasting more time on flipkart.

Rhythmhouse has better music collection. A brick & mortar shop round the corner provides me with books and even better discounts than flipkart. Everything that is available on flipkart can now be bought on other online and real stores for a lot less.

There is nothing wrong with the review. Stick to your stand.

I wasted enough time and energy on writing reviews earlier for many of their items. Now I don't have the patience or will to edit them or remove them. Flipkart has already removed a lot of my reviews and so will let them to so for this too. I have stopped shopping on flipkart altogether (writing reviews is obviously done with me)

I like the way Amazon does things. They let all the reviews stand so that all the products and resellers get a level playing field.

But still among all Flipkart is still the most reliable. Amazon is catching up, but still need some more time to establish their credibility in India. Saturday one of my friend wanted to buy a Sony Digital Camera, but he needed it before 30th Oct. Though the item was cheaper at ebay and Snapdeal, I advised him for Flipkart as their delivery normally happens within 48 hrs. Snapdeal, is always doubtful, and ebay sometime it's great, but still not sure. The price he got after the Stanchart discount matched the other deals across, so went for it and he got it on Monday afternoon, within 36 hrs. So he is happy that he got it before he goes on holiday. So that way Flipkart still scores, "credibility" also matters, though there are some which had issue with them, I think they can still pull up their socks and give a fight to other sites including Amazon.

And finally, guys whether we like it or hate it, we need more sites like these so that better are always strives for better (like Amazon). Without competition we will get a PSU (MTNL/ BSNL) type organisation. Remember how they used to behave in the 80s and 90s (though not much have changed, still way better than those days).

I just discovered that Flipkart's website says that delivery is not possible (any item) at my pin code (Ranchi) while ordering a pen drive. That is shocking as I have been regular with flipkart and have bought dozen's of products from them; most of them on CoD. If that is not a technical glitch of the website, I think the next option for online buying will be e-bay for me.

Anyone else facing this problem too?

I just discovered that Flipkart's website says that delivery is not possible (any item) at my pin code (Ranchi) while ordering a pen drive. That is shocking as I have been regular with flipkart and have bought dozen's of products from them; most of them on CoD. If that is not a technical glitch of the website, I think the next option for online buying will be e-bay for me.

Anyone else facing this problem too?

Was the product from WS Retail?
Normally WS Retail ships almost all over. I am not aware of any exceptions. But some of their marketplace sellers are not even shipping to Mumbai, so similarly some of them may not ship to Ranchi also. Hope it helps.

Was the product from WS Retail?
Normally WS Retail ships almost all over. I am not aware of any exceptions. But some of their marketplace sellers are not even shipping to Mumbai, so similarly some of them may not ship to Ranchi also. Hope it helps.

The problem is that the seller is not mattering at all. I checked a lot of products across many sections. Looks like either there is a glitch, or flipkart has stopped shipping to Ranchi altogether.
I checked same products and foudn that they can be shipped to N.Delhi but not Ranchi.

^ Yes, WS Retail is the best seller (seems it is Flipkart itself) but they really served great services.

Yes, WS Retail is Flipkart itself. I find their service excellent. It is only WS Retail who deliver to Nagpur.
Among my recent purchases, a DVD was of poor quality. The money was refunded. I had no issues with posting a poor review.
A CD was opened by me more than 30 days after the delivery and found to have some damage rendering it unplayable. Had to put some pressure but they replaced it. The replacement had the same issue and I was given a refund.

Last edited:
As I said, its not a case of seller. Even WS Retail is not delivering stuff at Ranchi which includes vinyls too:indifferent14:.

I was looking for a 32GB USB flash drive...will have to order either from ebay or Amazon.

Sometimes back I have heard that flipkart stopped delivering goods on COD to UP/ Bihar/ Jharkhand belt due to huge amount of refusal of products during the time of delivery.

As I said, its not a case of seller. Even WS Retail is not delivering stuff at Ranchi which includes vinyls too:indifferent14:.

I was looking for a 32GB USB flash drive...will have to order either from ebay or Amazon.

there should not be any reason to buy any stuffs from flipkart now a days, they have the highest online price. those days are over then we all use to trust flipkart blindfolded. Now i use amazon for 99% of my stuffs.

GeNFOov.jpg

there should not be any reason to buy any stuffs from flipkart now a days, they have the highest online price. those days are over then we all use to trust flipkart blindfolded. Now i use amazon for 99% of my stuffs.

That is true...however, for vinyls, they will be missed. Hope others also list vinyls in their offerings soon. I chose a flash drive to order from amazon but it attracts a charge of Rs. 100/- as delivery charge. Looks like I will first surf the local market now then order online if I still find them cheaper.

BTW, thanks for the effort for the pictorial comparison:)

Regards,
Saket

That is true...however, for vinyls, they will be missed.

are baba, you are so close to kolkata, take the morning train to kolkata (Jamal bhai's shop, etc) purchase the stuffs & return on same day. Get shop's number & confirm the vinyl you need in advance.
---- a very nostalgic feeling as i typing this, damn ---

jamshedpur will be near too but i'm not sure of the availability of vinyl these days ( or years i should say)

Now as of today, they seem to have resumed their services to Ranchi again, but as Netant said earlier, they are no more price competitive.:indifferent14:

I have bought two items COD from flipkart recently. You can see my reviews posted there.

1) A Corsair VS550 PSU for Rs 2443/- prompt and well packaged delivery to Thrissur.
2) A Micromax X103i mobile phone at Rs 1125/- again delivered well.

Good pricing, well packaged and prompt delivery from flipkart. Every vendor has their problems. We just have to give them time to correct themselves, or we flush them down the toilet.

Vinod

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back