Flipkart: feedback on their business practices.

I left a feedback on flipkart for one of their products and then they sent an email back 'rejecting the feedback' -

Dear Shivam,

Thank you for your review at Flipkart for ***(item name)***, on Thu Jun 13 2013. We appreciate the effort you put into it.

We understand from your review that you are not satisfied with Flipkart's service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you faced as a result. Your feedback has been forwarded to our customer care. They will get in touch with you.

Flipkart values customer feedback and seeks to learn and improve. Feedback regarding our service is always welcome.

However, the product reviews section is for customers to share their experience with the product, helping other customers make informed purchase decisions. We hope you understand that comments about service cannot be displayed in this section.

We would love it if you can edit your review to bring it in line with our review guidelines. You can find our review guidelines at *************************(link)

You can edit your review by visiting this link *************************(link)

Thanks for understanding, and please give us feedback on our review moderation process at *************************(link)

Please feel free to send any of your queries to [email protected]

Thank you for using Flipkart.

Sincerely,
Sunita Mathew
Customer Review Team

Amazon on the other hand lets all the feedback be posted. Now I am waiting for Amazon India to start selling music too.

I left a feedback on flipkart for one of their products and then they sent an email back 'rejecting the feedback' -

Dear Shivam,

Thank you for your review at Flipkart for ***(item name)***, on Thu Jun 13 2013. We appreciate the effort you put into it.

We understand from your review that you are not satisfied with Flipkart's service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you faced as a result. Your feedback has been forwarded to our customer care. They will get in touch with you.

Flipkart values customer feedback and seeks to learn and improve. Feedback regarding our service is always welcome.

However, the product reviews section is for customers to share their experience with the product, helping other customers make informed purchase decisions. We hope you understand that comments about service cannot be displayed in this section.

We would love it if you can edit your review to bring it in line with our review guidelines. You can find our review guidelines at *************************(link)

You can edit your review by visiting this link *************************(link)

Thanks for understanding, and please give us feedback on our review moderation process at *************************(link)

Please feel free to send any of your queries to [email protected]

Thank you for using Flipkart.

Sincerely,
Sunita Mathew
Customer Review Team

Amazon on the other hand lets all the feedback be posted. Now I am waiting for Amazon India to start selling music too.

This sucks to know Flipkart has asked you to edit a negative review. That shows the true face of Flipkart and their so called customer friendly behavior. They can't digest an honest feedback if it has some negative feedback.
I have read many negative reviews on Amazon and even placed couple of positive and negative both kinda reviews. But Amazon never asked ever to edit those.
I have no shame in saying all Indian e-commerce companies run by Indian bosses, how much they claim they care about customers; but at the end of the day their prime motive is to make money by hook or by crook out of a customer's misery.
And if I talk about Amazon, they say that they are obsessed about customers and their claim seems to be 100% right as I never got any problem with Amazon during my multiple purchases.
And whoever wrote Flipkart can ever become India's Amazon, is not even 0.1% right. India's Amazon can only be one and only Amazon itself.

Last edited:
Hi Shivam
Can you copy paste the feedback which you tried to post on flipkart.com here just for our knowledge.

Hi Shivam
Can you copy paste the feedback which you tried to post on flipkart.com here just for our knowledge.

It has already been deleted from the item that I had ordered.

I had ordered a few CDs and paid using netbanking. The CDs were then available and my order was confirmed. After about a week (maybe more), I got an email saying that the items were not available and my order was cancelled. I then contacted customer care and attached link to the same CDs that were still showing as available but at a higher cost.

My feedback was about this incident and that I could not get the CDs.

I ordered some 6 CDs recently out of which one got cancelled. I didn't mind it since I thought it happens. But if its cancelled only to be listed back at a higher price, its ridiculous.

I ordered some 6 CDs recently out of which one got cancelled. I didn't mind it since I thought it happens. But if its cancelled only to be listed back at a higher price, its ridiculous.

It happens quite frequently. Try searching for the CD that got cancelled. If it was on discount then there are chances that it was re-listed at a higher price.

Even I have had some bad experience with flipkart recently. I have bought a lot from flipkart, but now that I asked them to replace a product that is too small, they did not respond properly. May be flipkart's after-sale-customer-support is getting worse these days.

Funny thing:

I bought 2 LPs worth Rs. 3K from flipkart recently. I had put up a review that how good these LPs are and bla bla and all. Just added a para that Fipkart packaging has deteriorated from earlier and one LP reached late than the stipulated time, with slightly scratched album cover, not much though.
Today I received a mail suggesting me to edit my review and to keep it confined to only the product and not the service. Strange! I am a regular with Flipkart, and have wrote reviews earlier about their good service, great packaging, timely shipments and all. They never mailed me to edit those?

PS: I edited all my reviews to keep it confined to the product

Funny thing:

I bought 2 LPs worth Rs. 3K from flipkart recently. I had put up a review that how good these LPs are and bla bla and all. Just added a para that Fipkart packaging has deteriorated from earlier and one LP reached late than the stipulated time, with slightly scratched album cover, not much though.
Today I received a mail suggesting me to edit my review and to keep it confined to only the product and not the service. Strange! I am a regular with Flipkart, and have wrote reviews earlier about their good service, great packaging, timely shipments and all. They never mailed me to edit those?

It is very unethical on there part to ask you to edit your review comments. You have every right to post the service review as well, as the LP is not manufactured or recorded by flipkart but only serviced in hosting/payment/delivery of the concerned LP on there site. Obviously you have every right to say about how the packing/delivery aspect of flipkart is as they boast of these kind of reviews on there sites by saying this is what our customers say about us blah blah...

Funny thing:

I have often seen reviews talking only about the service...how quickly it was delivered, how nicely packed it was and so on and so forth...nothing about the product itself...wonder if they had any issues with such reviews :rolleyes:

What is the point of keeping reviews to the subject of the product only? Of course the prospective buyer wants to know people's product experience, but for many things we can find that anywhere on the web: what we need to see on Flipkart is not only the product experience but the buying from Flipkart experience.

From what I read here and on Team-BHP, Flipkart has lost its way very badly indeed. There must be some serious management blindness going on. Maybe the VCs are taking a bigger hand in it? Not being able to see beyond this quarter's numbers?

I have already stopped buying from flipkart due to the cancelled orders (available items which were not shipped and then re-listed at higher prices) and due to their messages of changing or removing the feedbacks which showed some problem with their service.

Talk about timing...

Just got an confirmation mail from Flipkart for an order I had not placed!!! That too for women's UGs :lol:

The contact center person was quite curteous and cancelled the order immediately...fortunately it seems like a case of wrong email Id as the order was placed for COD as a guest...

Yes, Flipkart way of operating has changed a lot since last few months. THe biggest difference is that previously they used to stock items in their own warehouse, which ideally meant that we 'bought' from flipkart. But now, they are like a platform where registered sellers are the actual sellers. Flipkart is merely acting as a medium of contact, just like ebay.
Though, all my experiences with flipkart have been more or less good, except for one delayed delivery, that too with no intimation, but there is no doubt that they are not the ones they used to be.

Did I tell you guys that I edited all my previous reviews too, in which I praised Flipkart? I did not feel good doing this, but since the *guidelines* ask to confine your review only to the product, I did just that. But I wonder that as of even today there are hundreds of reviews on flipkart just praising the service, why those reviews are not being asked to be edited. Why even my review was never asked to be edited when I wrote praises for them? One single review that had a little criticism came ringing my mailbox? Unethical that is!

lol reminds me of how skoda's a.s.s gets a sign from me on a customer satisfaction form without even having to fill it...on my last service when i questioned they got so offended but still did not let me fill the form!lolo off topic anyway...never had issues with flipkart till now except for the products getting cancelled occasionally.....

I agree, today they have cancelled my order which I was placed before 10 days. That was for a blu-ray at discounted price, they just excused that the item is no longer available. I am not sure if they don't have items in stock then why they accept orders for that, I guess they want to relist that at higher price.

I have already stopped buying from flipkart due to the cancelled orders (available items which were not shipped and then re-listed at higher prices) and due to their messages of changing or removing the feedbacks which showed some problem with their service.

Just came across this article link on a social networking site -

Flipkart screwed me over: Here's how they could stick it to you as well - Internet | ThinkDigit News

The T&C of flipkart.com very well explains the (lack of) customer orientation of the company.
I had a "not so great" experience with the site when I chose to gift my little niece a tablet from flipkart.com. After placing the order, the order status or shipping status was not updated on the site for many days.
After a week (well outside of their delivery estimates) they updated the tracking number. For many days the tracking number was not "track able" and I had to write to the customer support many times to get some response.
Thankfully the package was finally delivered to the destination, many days after the gift was supposed to reach to my niece, as her birthday gift :(

Relatively, eBay India has a better service and customer support.

Back