Flipkart: feedback on their business practices.

Update: 26 Sep 2012

So I got the shipment of Lost Season 1-6 blu-rays. It is not a collection as such, rather Disney has sent me blu-ray packs for season 1 to season 6. I have tried a couple of discs from Lost season 3 pack, and they worked. I am assuming the rest will work too.

I have still asked them to investigate the issue and share their findings and what steps they have taken to correct it, with me.

Recently ordered a few Indian music CDs. Got them today. More than half of them seemed to have been opened and re-packed. Some of these discs are scratched too.

Difficult to believe that Flipkart could despatch CDs like this.is there a thirty day replacement applicable ........otherwise click few pictures of the scratched CDs and open packing and let the customer care know of this.
Hoping your issues are resolved soon.cheers

Flipkart will go down. Mark my word. They are heading towards a cliff. I don't have anything personal against them. I have been a satisfactory customer of many products. But their customer policy is going haywire.
They won't live the dream of being Indian amazon.

Flipkart will go down. Mark my word. They are heading towards a cliff. I don't have anything personal against them. I have been a satisfactory customer of many products. But their customer policy is going haywire.
They won't live the dream of being Indian amazon.

Totally agree with you.

With the introduction of new and new product lines they have really compromised on some other aspects.

Apart from the bad condition of digital media lately-
the tracks on flyte are messed up especially if there are more than one version of a song.
The books are also turning up in poor condition, usually due to bad packing.
Sometimes orders are cancelled due to non-availability of items.
Items which turn up as 'in stock' from the earlier 'out of stock' are usually more expensive. (Even higher than what can be expected with the combined effects of fall in rupee and inflation!)

Well i purchased LOTR blurays from their site as the prices were good but their delivery team sucks. Their courier guy rings me up in the morning and expected me to be present at the gate of the office for the delivery!! Having refused i did not hear from him for 2 days inspite of my ringing him up.
In the end the order status stated as recipient not available at destination!!
:mad:
I had to contact the cc and then again they despatched the order and the courier guy pestered me no end

Flipkart needs to get its act together if they want to survive
my 2 cents

Flyte was great for old songs that you cannot normally get (basically old HMV). One day just before planning to download a big bunch of songs, I found all HMV downloads showing as non-available.

When I contacted customer support, they said that it was a technical glitch. I pointed out that it was very unlikely, and was probably an agreement issue with HMV. Customer Support assured me that all these downloads would become available again in few days. So, I put a reasonable amount of money in the wallet, and in a few days, all the HMV songs showing as non-available completely dissapeared.

Also, while I had sent mail to customer support, all their responses were over phone.

Have been satisfied with all my orders till date. Few movie DVDs (both COD and paid ones), Universal remote (COD), Galaxy Tab etc. Usually delivers in a day or two at most except for few DVDs which might have been delayed to 4-5 days. Great tracking details, no issue whatsoever. Am happy with their CC. But frankly speaking they are not great with their pricing or deals. Usually higher for most products than your neighbourhood stores. So being an online player they should try to be competitive in the digital world atleast for them to be the preferred player for electronics and gizmos.

I am a DELIGHTED user of FlipKart. Have ordered Several items, Books, Clothes, CDs and Electronics.

All items delivered were in Immaculate condition.

The order placement process was smooth and the shipment tracking and delivery has always been Exceptional !

I am proud that Flipkart is an Indian site, providing the Higests standards of service and customer care ...

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I have been purchasing items from Flipkart on a regular basis for the past 3-4 years. The purchases have been mostly books, sometimes CDs, pen drives etc. and most recently, a WD HDD. I have never had any reason to complain. The packaging has always been very good, and the delivery always on schedule (except for 1 occation).

Overall I can say that I am very happy with their service, especially when compared to other online retailers such as infibeam, etc.

Best,
APK

Well i purchased LOTR blurays from their site as the prices were good but their delivery team sucks. Their courier guy rings me up in the morning and expected me to be present at the gate of the office for the delivery!! Having refused i did not hear from him for 2 days inspite of my ringing him up.
In the end the order status stated as recipient not available at destination!!
:mad:
I had to contact the cc and then again they despatched the order and the courier guy pestered me no end

Flipkart needs to get its act together if they want to survive
my 2 cents

I am sure you might be aware that flipkart does not own courier and logistics business (yet!).

The problem that you state is common with ALL the courier delivery people. they expect you to be present at the address as per THEIR convenient time.

I am sure Flipkart has not much say in all this. As far as my experience is concerned, I have received shipment at least 1-2 days prior to what was promised, every time.

flipkart does not own courier and logistics business (yet!).
Not entirely true...flipkart started off with their own courier delivery company called e-kart which they hived off later so that they could take business from other online retailers.

Whatever deliveries I received from Flipkart were from couriers such as Blue Dart, and such. Flipkart should focus on their core business, ie, merchandising. Courier persons, anywhere in the world expect someone to take your delivery. If you or no one is present to collect, they all you to come and collect.

Whatever deliveries I received from Flipkart were from couriers such as Blue Dart, and such. Flipkart should focus on their core business, ie, merchandising. Courier persons, anywhere in the world expect someone to take your delivery. If you or no one is present to collect, they all you to come and collect.

My very limited experience with Flipkart has been very good.
But Blue Dart really sucks. They take 4-5 days to deliver, that too in a Metro city. And so many times, it has happened that without even visiting my house, they have reported "door locked".

Once again Flipkart has cancelled my order after keeping my funds for a few weeks saying that the items were not available with their suppliers.

Out of stock albums are listed separately. So how come the items which were available are now no longer available ? Interestingly the same items are now available, a few hours after cancellation of my order at a higher price.

My very limited experience with Flipkart has been very good.
But Blue Dart really sucks. They take 4-5 days to deliver, that too in a Metro city. And so many times, it has happened that without even visiting my house, they have reported "door locked".

Even ebay power sellers are using the Blue Dart service now and yes they do not deliver beyond 5 p.m. and instead they simply report door locked and deliver the next day. It has happened so many times and I complained to their Customer Care head and got a reply that this would not happen again but they do this over and over again.

Once again Flipkart has cancelled my order after keeping my funds for a few weeks saying that the items were not available with their suppliers.

Out of stock albums are listed separately. So how come the items which were available are now no longer available ? Interestingly the same items are now available, a few hours after cancellation of my order at a higher price.

That is unethical practice. You please speak to Flipkart CC, and ask for an explanation. Do mention that you will provide publicity across the net including mouthshut etc (many companies are now having a PR/ CC guy addressing such concerns & complaints). They might oblige.

My own experience has been really good so far. I recently bought a Galaxy Tab P2 3100, which I received within 36 hrs. There was an issue with the 15% cashback and EMI offer they were offering and they resolved it after one phone call within 2-3 days.

I followed up the problem with the customer care. Their reply was as always canned and implied that they could not source it. I have again asked the reason for listing it as available if it was not so ? I have also sent an email with the links to the albums which they said were not available but are again listed at a higher price.

Update from customer service - they have asked me to place a new order for the items (obviously at the higher price).

Daylight robbery !
No wonder people are moving towards pirated music when there are such experiences while trying to buy original albums.

Last edited:
I was a happy flipcart customer until now, after I become a flyte customer my all good opinion about them gone down in drain.

They are trying to impose useless download manager software, that seems to be developed by bunch of rookies who do not have basic quality of Software development or vision.

Latest version of their download manager is the biggest blunder anyone ever made and it is a shame on software development standard any industry ever followed. When they committed last mistake (version) I have given them free suggestions on how they should approach this problem. But it looks like they stopped listening to customers.

Here is the issue,

Imagine if you have 4-5K songs in your library, their new version of flyte download manager software start fetching the metadata to the first screen in row-wise, this gives heavy load on their server, network bandwidth and our PC.

After a while application stop responding because it have 5000/ rows without pagination. There is no easy way you can find out last 5 songs you bought that you need to download without a Manuel search.

In nutshell their software works if you have less than 300 songs in library. I have reverted back to old version and downloaded. Send many complaint to flipcart and they replied saying they are unable to reach me even on alternate number.

Now I am in search for a new on line store for MP3 songs.

Updated 18.20 PM
------------------------------- Good move they are shutting down the store.... Bad news I have around 3K songs bought legally wont be available in cloud anymore....
Here is the mail received
----------------------------------
Dear Flyte MP3 customer,

We hope you have enjoyed the music we have made available to you.

Unfortunately the Flyte MP3 store will no longer be operational after June 17, 2013. We request you to use your Flyte Wallet balance, if any, by that date. But if for some reason you are unable to do this then not to worry. We will refund the unused Flyte wallet balance to you.

If you would like to purchase any more music before the Flyte MP3 store shuts down, then please do so by June 17, 2013. All the MP3 files that you have purchased from Flyte on or before June 17, 2013 will continue to be available for download in your digital library till August 18, 2013. So do remember to download all your favourite music by then.

Dates to remember:

1. Monday, June 17, 2013: You will no longer be able to purchase MP3 files from Flyte after this date. The remaining balance in your Flyte wallet, if any, will be refunded to you.

2. Sunday, August 18, 2013: You will no longer be able to download your purchased MP3 files from your digital library after this date. So please download all your music by then.

So long and thank you for being a part of this journey

The Flyte MP3 team.

Last edited:
I haven't bought any digital media nor electronics from Flipkart except for a cheap mobile phone for backup. So far my experience has been good. However I did notice a couple of things.

1. The shipping charges used to be "Add Rs 30 for shipping if order amount is less than 300". Now it's "Add Rs 50 for shipping if order amount is less than 500 for that seller".
2. It seems Flipkart is not selling most stuff; private sellers do. One "WS Retail" is the most common one I saw.
3. The shipping thing mentioned above is for that seller only. So the order amount of minimum 500 should be from the same seller.

I don't want Flipkart to go down. It's the only Indian eCommerce portal that raised peoples's hopes.

It's good that Disney responded and sent the Bluray packs. I guess most people who do face the issue of region coding etc, just find a PC and rip it and burn it on a blank DVD and then watch it on the PS3. Most people don't have the patience to followup and put up a fight. No wonder people turn to pirated internet downloads when so many hurdles are created to cripple genuine buyers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back