Flipkart: feedback on their business practices.

Today I received a mail suggesting me to edit my review and to keep it confined to only the product and not the service. Strange! I am a regular with Flipkart, and have wrote reviews earlier about their good service, great packaging, timely shipments and all. They never mailed me to edit those?

PS: I edited all my reviews to keep it confined to the product

Same here. I have bought many stuff from them and more than once I was asked to keep my review confined to the product. I stopped giving reviews and then comes another mail asking me to give a review for the recent product I bought from them.

FLIPKART, better watchout on your service quality, or else you will loose a lot of loyal customers including me, whom you have already lost during a poor aftersale support issue!

It was an interesting read. Just because they have put their terms and conditions and forced us to 'agree', dosen't mean they can get away with any issues.

The following terms extracted from above article is legally INVALID as long as the money has gone into Flipkart's bank account. If a consumer suit is filed, this condition will not hold any water; however a prompt refund will protect them in a big way and go against the consumer I believe.

Flipkart is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyers and Sellers. Flipkart cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyers and/or Sellers will perform any transaction concluded on the Website. Flipkart shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Buyers and Sellers.

It is like saying, "we are only selling cars and if anything goes wrong with it, we will not / need not mediate between you and the car manufacturer and you have to get it repaired at the factory only."

Last edited:
I am not a big user of online vendors, but one thing I really love about Flipkart is the COD option. This way I am not at all bothered if the item is late, not delivered etc. as I do not loose anything (other than waiting for the item of-course). Do most of the other vendors have this facility?
Cheers,
Sid

Contrary to my last experience with Snapdeal this time Snapdeal has come good. I received the HDD today.

Wow !! I think you are lucky. Normally they cancels the order in such case. I have few incidents already. I am a regular with Snapdeal, so normally try to use their CoD because of this reason.

I am not a big user of online vendors, but one thing I really love about Flipkart is the COD option. This way I am not at all bothered if the item is late, not delivered etc. as I do not loose anything (other than waiting for the item of-course). Do most of the other vendors have this facility?
Cheers,
Sid

Almost all online players/vendors has CoD. But few ebay vendors don't allow CoD.

Something unusual seems to be happening with FK. Negative feedback are not being deleted, it appears.

FK1_zpsd891bfa3.jpg

Ofcourse this has not changed: allowing a review that speaks nothing about the product but showers praise about service (while there are instances where 'negative' feedback about service were deleted advising them to stick to 'product review')

FK2_zps025639d9.jpg

As soon as they see a negative review about service, the feedback is removed or asked to be changed. Sometimes they miss seeing the review portion concerning the service and so it gets through.

Out of about recent 5 cancellations that I had, I left review for all. Two of them got deleted since I declined to changed my review. The remaining three with exactly the same wordings are still there and I have not got any email asking to change the review. Seems like flipkart can't keep track of all the reviews.

Was looking to buy a graphic card and tried the local shops. In the end i got a cheaper deal online on Flipkart. Item received within 72 hours. Overall experience was amazing. saved rs 300 on the market price.

Has the fall from grace for Flipkart come after their having started the marketplace style of operation?
I live in Nagpur which is serviced only by WS Retail which is their own storefront. I have bought a variety of things from them over the last year or so and consistently have had a great experience.
A few days back I ordered a box set of movie DVDs the print quality of some of which was found wanting. They sent me a replacement set but that too had the same issues. The problem was with the recording. I have been now given a full refund. I have got refund once before as the product (a cordless phone) had stopped working after a few days.
I have not posted any reviews, though. Maybe I shall do so with this latest experience.

Flipkart showed a Diwali discount of 43% on a product. I posted a link to another online store with the same item without discount available at the same price. The discount given on flipkart was misleading.

Got a 'change your review' response in record time from their team.

Item on flipkart - http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-office-set-blue/p/itmdfvg4sgkzhkt4?pid=OFSDFVFF4BRVZZGG
(Discount of 43%)
Item on ebay - http://www.ebay.in/itm/BOSCH-SMART-..._203&hash=item46133a0407&_uhb=1#ht_1113wt_849
(Without any discount but at the same price of 3499). I can use further discount coupons too on ebay !

Last edited:
I ordered one D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router listed at Rs.2075+5% additional discount(Rs.1971) on 15.10.2003 and it was delivered from Mumbai to Delhi in 26 hours flat. Excellent packaging with all accessories. This was sold by WS retail.
Earlier also I had bought some other product from Flipkart and service was very good and no problem with the product.
So far i have had excellent service.

Last edited:
Flipkart showed a Diwali discount of 43% on a product. I posted a link to another online store with the same item without discount available at the same price. The discount given on flipkart was misleading.

Got a 'change your review' response in record time from their team.

Item on flipkart - http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-office-set-blue/p/itmdfvg4sgkzhkt4?pid=OFSDFVFF4BRVZZGG
(Discount of 43%)
Item on ebay - http://www.ebay.in/itm/BOSCH-SMART-..._203&hash=item46133a0407&_uhb=1#ht_1113wt_849
(Without any discount but at the same price of 3499). I can use further discount coupons too on ebay !

Hahhhha.. Awesome dude..

I've ordered about 10 times from flipkart and items delivered flat on 3rd day of placing delivery. Their returns are hassle free. Returned belts and shoes, no fuss at all. Packing is good. I opt for COD and pay by CC to be safe from delayed delivery. Very very satisfied so far.

I think Flipkart.com may not be wrong here. I think they are quoting discount on the mrp whereas ebay seller is quoting market price.
That means the discounted price of the product on flipkart is common street price.
If anybody is wrong here it is the manufacturer who has inflated the mrp.

I saw the item on flipkart because of a link in my email from flipkart telling me about the great diwali sale !!!
mrp quoted may be high by the company but using the common street price to show that the item is on sale is also not ethical in my opinion.

WS Retail (flipkart) has a positive rating of 4.3/5 or 86%. The ebay seller has a positive rating of 95.4%. This rating included with the earlier long list of my order cancellations from flipkart prompted me to buy the item from ebay.

(The WS Retail's rating is further manipulated by removing many negative feedbacks or asking buyers to edit them. As far as I know this seller is flipkart people themselves.)

Last edited:
To each his own.
But ebay rating system is completely different and you can't compare it with flipkart.
For starters at Ebay anything less than 98%- 99% is considered a bad reputation.
Secondly most of the ebay sellers are small time sellers and I am sorry to say are not that much reliable.
Consider this that what if you are delivered a grey market piece and accompanied invoice is s fake invoice with no tax being deposited with the government.
I am sure that majority of the ebay sellers may be honest but keep in mind that in business there are several loopholes and trade secrets which these ebay sellers use but a big seller like ws retail is not likely to use.

It seems that you had pretty bad experience with ebay. But to remind you that small time sellers can also afford to offer low price compared to other big sellers with big inventory. Each has their merit and demerit.

I think ebay's Paisapay is pretty good with respect to dispute resolution and all. The ebay sellers are very conscious of the buyer ratings. Last year I booked a 1TB Adata HDD for a lowest price offered which the seller was not able to deliver within the stipulated time and I raised a dispute with ebay which was resolved in 2 days with the seller dispatching a higher model on overnight courier and I got the delivery the next day.
Later I realized that the seller actually posted the ad before he got sufficient stock and hence the delay and because of the lowest price it was overbooked. But the seller called me up several times not to give a negative feedback as it will give a bad reputation and most of the sellers are long term sellers.

I agree completely with Shivam.
There are lots of items (mostly sold by other sellers than ws retail) which are offered for huge discount are actually more than market price.
2 days back belkin audio cables were being sold for 599 and 699 with 56% discount( this deal was displayed on their home page). I was tempted to buy and checked other sites. It was sold for 399 on snapdeal and 400-425 Rs. On eBay Without showing Mrp of 1299 and 1499.
So this is clearly cheating and cheap tactics and even if flipkart is not a seller, they should not declare this as deal.
The big publicity of "biggest cyber sale" is actually hype and absolutely wrong. Anyone who has regularly seen site will recognise that there is nothing new in sale. In fact they offer more discount during routine days.
Though their service is fast and reliable, I can not endorse such cheap tactics.

I got another request from flipkart today for changing the feedback on one of their items. They are getting weird, day by day. Can anyone point out what was wrong in the said review which was posted in March 2011?

This is the item -
An Evening In Paris, Love In Tokyo -: Flipkart.com

My feedback said -

Good collection but the best song is missing

The song collection is good. The mastering is not perfect but there's nothing else better than this at present on offer.
The sad part of this disc is that the song 'Leja leja leja mera dil' by Sharda from An Evening in Paris is missing. I find that song to be the best one from this film.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back