Vinyl records

pksnathan

Dear friends,
I would like to have a collection of old vinyl records of Hindi film songs especially 60's and 70's releases as well as Western music.I am based in Chennai.I request our friends to help me in this matter.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Hi pksnathan,
Man! If I were in Chennai, my LP collection would have had swelled from 1500+ to 3000 within 4 months. Chennai is a very good place to hunt old turntables, LPs, EPs and 78 rpm records.
Have you tried visiting Moore (I hope I have spelled it correctly) market? Its somewhere near to Railway Station. You will find such things at the second floor of the market. However, be very carefull of the pricing, a vinyl record costs from Rs 100 to Rs 1000 depending upon the label, band and availabality.
For example, Beatles LPs are always expensive from others.. and then Angle Records are also expensive no matter what music they contain.
And try to negotiate with the dealers-- you might get a good deal.
Please do write to me if you were lucky finding the place... I might like to take your help to procure LPs ;)
Goodluck in hunting
cheers!

Dear friends,
I would like to have a collection of old vinyl records of Hindi film songs especially 60's and 70's releases as well as Western music.I am based in Chennai.I request our friends to help me in this matter.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

hi pksnathan
in moore market there are two guys dealing in this.Both the guys are very decent and nice guys.
one is sampathy and the other one in ramulu. have direct contacts with them you can dig out a gold mine out of that place. You can use my name with them it can help you.
Good luck
Mukundan

Hi pksnathan,
Man! If I were in Chennai, my LP collection would have had swelled from 1500+ to 3000 within 4 months. Chennai is a very good place to hunt old turntables, LPs, EPs and 78 rpm records.
Have you tried visiting Moore (I hope I have spelled it correctly) market? Its somewhere near to Railway Station. You will find such things at the second floor of the market. However, be very carefull of the pricing, a vinyl record costs from Rs 100 to Rs 1000 depending upon the label, band and availabality.
For example, Beatles LPs are always expensive from others.. and then Angle Records are also expensive no matter what music they contain.
And try to negotiate with the dealers-- you might get a good deal.
Please do write to me if you were lucky finding the place... I might like to take your help to procure LPs ;)
Goodluck in hunting
cheers!

Hi

There are two guys one is Sampath and the other one is Ramulu.
You will get rare things out of them if build relationship with them they are nice guys and they know the value of these things.
Cheers
Mukundan

dear mukundan,
Many thanks for your information.I shall contact the persons you have referred.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Hi

There are two guys one is Sampath and the other one is Ramulu.
You will get rare things out of them if build relationship with them they are nice guys and they know the value of these things.
Cheers
Mukundan

Mukundan:

I visited Moore market last week, I located one shop numbered (I think) 38B on the ground floor. I also saw two more shops, but the quality was very poor and they were asking for more prices.

Which shop does Sampath and Ramulu operate from? I shall visit Moore market again this week.

Cheers

Mukundan:

I visited Moore market last week, I located one shop numbered (I think) 38B on the ground floor. I also saw two more shops, but the quality was very poor and they were asking for more prices.

Which shop does Sampath and Ramulu operate from? I shall visit Moore market again this week.

Cheers

Hi venkatcr

I just don't know the shop numbers but if you are in chennai call me on 9444371918 some time next week i will take you myself to these guys.
It could be the shop you would have seen with bad records the good ones are never in display. As i told you we need to buils relationship with these guys to get the good ones out of them.
Rgds
mukundan

Hello All,

I am in Chennai from February 21 to the 23rd(midnight). I am looking for Classic Carnatic music and Hindustani music(Vinyl). I will go to MOORE MARKET. If someone has information about Vinyl, I want me to advise about it.
When dealer has these vinyl in Chennai, please contact to me.

Thanks,

IF you can give me call before 21st feb on my mobile 9444371918 i will give you particulars abt guys in moore market.Plus i also have a large collection that is not available in vinyl.
THANKS

IF you can give me call before 21st feb on my mobile 9444371918 i will give you particulars abt guys in moore market.Plus i also have a large collection that is not available in vinyl.
THANKS

Dear Mr. Mukundan,

Have you got any Malayalam records or Tamil Devotional Songs for sale. If so kindly give me details.

Best wishes,

Suresh Babu
[email protected]

Dear Mukundan,
Thank you very much for your replay.
I will telephone to you on the 21st or the 20th.
Best wishes,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back