Vlc to Pioneer AVR : Dts hd downsampling to dts

rsklogin

Hi fellow FMs, need your help with setting up my laptop as a htpc.

I have a bluray file that works perfectly from my bluray player which outputs Dts hd ma. I tried connecting my old laptop and ran the same file through vlc and the avr only shows Dts.

Tried checking the audio settings and pass through is turned on. Used the same hdmi cable for both the laptop and the bluray player.

Edit: Tried another file with Dolby true hd with Dolby atmos from Vlc , avr shows pcm. Tried the earlier file in mpc, AVR shows pcm instead of Dts hd when the file is run through Media player classic.

Last edited:
Hi fellow FMs, need your help with setting up my laptop as a htpc.

I have a bluray file that works perfectly from my bluray player which outputs Dts hd ma. I tried connecting my old laptop and ran the same file through vlc and the avr only shows Dts.

Tried checking the audio settings and pass through is turned on. Used the same hdmi cable for both the laptop and the bluray player.

Edit: Tried another file with Dolby true hd with Dolby atmos from Vlc , avr shows pcm. Tried the earlier file in mpc, AVR shows pcm instead of Dts hd when the file is run through Media player classic.
You need to enable audio bit streaming on both vlc and MPC.(also be sure to select all formats for bit streaming ) Let me know if any queries are there...

You need to enable audio bit streaming on both vlc and MPC.(also be sure to select all formats for bit streaming ) Let me know if any queries are there...
Have enabled bitstreaming in mpc, used lav filters for the same. Now able to get hd audio through mpc home cinema.

Can you please guide me or provide a solution/walk through for vlc? I'd prefer vlc over mpc's ui.

Have enabled bitstreaming in mpc, used lav filters for the same. Now able to get hd audio through mpc home cinema.

Can you please guide me or provide a solution/walk through for vlc? I'd prefer vlc over mpc's ui.
Go to tools -> Preferences->Audio->On the output section enable HDMI/SPDIF pass through and select the device as your av reciver. Also try resetting preferences to default and then try the above step in the VLC settings. If you are still having issues, pls share some snaps, will try to emulate the same in my system.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 9
Go to tools -> Preferences->Audio->On the output section enable HDMI/SPDIF pass through and select the device as your av reciver. Also try resetting preferences to default and then try the above step in the VLC settings. If you are still having issues, pls share some snaps, will try to emulate the same in my system.
Hi, thanks for the input. Tried the same, still getting DTS instead of DTS-MA. Attaching screenshot as requested.

Attachments

• VLC audio.PNG
    VLC audio.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back