Please help! DOLBY TRUE HD ATMOS PASSTHROUGH ISSUE

drsushrut13

My Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 is connected to the Denon 3600h in a 7.2.4 setup. While playing BD true HD 7.1 atmos remuxes in passthrough mode, it is not able to pass through Dolby True HD 7.1 But 5.1 dd plus plays fine. There is zero input signal in passthrough mode. (Kodi, Plex, VLC).

Setting of Nvidia shield

Dolby audio processing off
Manual codecs selected
Kodi settings- expert mode, pass through on and all codecs selected (IEC packer too).
Have tried movie, direct, pure, and auto modes in the Denon.
Denon setting- Passthrough On.

If I switch off the passthrough, I can play the file as 7.1 PCM, with no Atmos metadata.

The only option left is to play the file as 7.1 PCM with Denon fake up-mixing(Movie Dolby surround mode) for Atmos. But that will lead to considerable degradation in atmos quality.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you find a solution? You can try swapping the HDMI cable for a better one and see if that makes any difference.

My Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 is connected to the Denon 3600h in a 7.2.4 setup. While playing BD true HD 7.1 atmos remuxes in passthrough mode, it is not able to pass through Dolby True HD 7.1 But 5.1 dd plus plays fine. There is zero input signal in passthrough mode. (Kodi, Plex, VLC).

Setting of Nvidia shield

Dolby audio processing off
Manual codecs selected
Kodi settings- expert mode, pass through on and all codecs selected (IEC packer too).
Have tried movie, direct, pure, and auto modes in the Denon.
Denon setting- Passthrough On.

If I switch off the passthrough, I can play the file as 7.1 PCM, with no Atmos metadata.

The only option left is to play the file as 7.1 PCM with Denon fake up-mixing(Movie Dolby surround mode) for Atmos. But that will lead to considerable degradation in atmos quality.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Is it able to play atmos on Netflix through shield tv ? If yes it could be a Kodi issue.

Hi. Dd plus atmos is playing. Cable is not an issue. Trued with nvidia shield. Zidoo. Still i think denon is not able to transcode dolby true hd.

Hi. Dd plus atmos is playing. Cable is not an issue. Trued with nvidia shield. Zidoo. Still i think denon is not able to transcode dolby true hd.
It supports THD decoding. When you say Denon setting > Passthrough ON, where is this setting located? If it is under video, then that setting is not related to audio format. It means when the receiver is in standby mode, which input will be passed through to the connected display.

Hai,

I Highly suggest you to try plex server as well to confirm, i too even faced this isseu in my shield.

After installing kodi my prime video app only played DD+ not atmos after uninstalling kodi and rebooting shield fixed the issue.

Kodi didn't worked for me so i stick with plex :)

I am able to play it through Nvidia shield(kodi)-> marantz, so I am sure you too can. I have a 5.1.4 setup. Please send screenshots of your shield settings when you set passthrough as on and what you see when you click on info in the receiver.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back