Fire TV Cube 3rd gen (2022) gains Improved Upscaling as well as DTS, DTS-HD, and Dolby True HD audio passthrough in latest software update

I really hope they implement the lossless pass through in their 4k Max stick and also address tone mapping issues.

I have been testing this for the last 2 days, can say that the device do have a native capability for most, but Plex is not updated, so not usable. Through Kodi (with Plex add-on, as that is where my media resides), it passes through Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS correctly.

But still doesn't support usb playback, where it falls short of Nvidia shield. User interface is still filled with ads. If these two issues are fixed it will be hard competition for the costly shield

I have been testing this for the last 2 days, can say that the device do have a native capability for most, but Plex is not updated, so not usable. Through Kodi (with Plex add-on, as that is where my media resides), it passes through Dolby Atmos/TrueHD, DTS correctly.
Does it passthrough 7.1 TrueHD Atmos as well? From the specification page I see that it supports just 5.1 TrueHD passthrough

Could you please test with Emby as well?

My Fire Cube 2nd gen downmixes everything to DD+. The 3rd gen can be a good upgrade if it can passthrough all audio and let the AVR deal with it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back