Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

I've my old Samsung blu-ray player some 5100series 2013 model i believe, and i also have couple of blu-ray dvd's like 2012, avengers, transformers dark moon etc, when i played on the samsung player my avr had only Dts display, it did not show dts-hd or hdma not sure if i need to make any settings on my BD-player and i was surprised to see all the formats displayed on this tv box.

I've my old Samsung blu-ray player some 5100series 2013 model i believe, and i also have couple of blu-ray dvd's like 2012, avengers, transformers dark moon etc, when i played on the samsung player my avr had only Dts display, it did not show dts-hd or hdma not sure if i need to make any settings on my BD-player and i was surprised to see all the formats displayed on this tv box.

Check the audio settings of the Samsung player & set it to bit-stream.. Also list the options shown on the player here, you will get the suggestion for the right setting..

I have a problem with my H96 pro plus now!!
well as suggested the audio works fine it passes through all audio formats, but there is an issue with video now i could see there is a lag with video play back, i've set H96 on the settings-screen resolution- Auto, it takes 4k @30hz on my le-eco Tv, when i manually change it to 1080p@60hz there is no lag but the frame is not exact fit for the screen its little big and also i notice the colour accuracy is not great missing lot of details when compared to playing the video files directly from tv's usb port, even when i play 1080p movie from tv's usb it upscales so well the colour & the details are totally missing and the 4k files use to look so great, is there any way to fix it? or that's all the capacity of the tv box please share your comments.

I have a problem with my H96 pro plus now!!
well as suggested the audio works fine it passes through all audio formats, but there is an issue with video now i could see there is a lag with video play back, i've set H96 on the settings-screen resolution- Auto, it takes 4k @30hz on my le-eco Tv, when i manually change it to 1080p@60hz there is no lag but the frame is not exact fit for the screen its little big and also i notice the colour accuracy is not great missing lot of details when compared to playing the video files directly from tv's usb port, even when i play 1080p movie from tv's usb it upscales so well the colour & the details are totally missing and the 4k files use to look so great, is there any way to fix it? or that's all the capacity of the tv box please share your comments.

Hope you are using Kodi application.. If you can change the user settings to "expert" in Kodi, there should be plenty of options under video settings.. Please check this link for more settings - https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

Hi All i had Kodi 17.3 in my H96 pro box, i've uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi 17.6 from play store but all of a sudden the Pass-through sound is not working even after changing all the audio settings in Kodi to pass through I am not getting dts-hd & true hd now how to fix it?

Hi All is there any other app apart from Kodi that can pass-through all audio formats on android TV box?

Well i this its nothing but Kodi again?,
I Tried to figure out the problem with my H96 Pro+ TV Box, when i play dts-hd videos there is an lip sync issue on kodi 18, previously on kodi 17.6 there was n motion lagg but the kodi18 plays motion well but there is an lip sync issue with the large format files,
Tried changing the display settings on the box to 1080p 60hz from 2160p 30z, there is no lip sync issue now the videos works fine but when i change the display settings to auto it takes to 2160p 30z for my TV the colors are really good on 2160p 30z, on 1080p 60z the video looks pale not that great but audio works fine, when i play the same file on MX-player or VLC the video works fine but the issue with these files they support only DTS & Dolby Digital audio so no dtshd, dts-hdma or dolby true-hd, is there any way to fix it ? any one facing the same issue please suggest.

Kodi 18?.. Kodi v17.6 is the latest for Android TV Box..

I have Kodi 17.6 on my Android TV Box and it works just fine.. No issues bit streaming HD Audio to AVR, works fine too..

when i change the display settings to auto it takes to 2160p 30z for my TV

Same with my Z69 Android TV Box too.. 2160 is 4K resolution right?.. I changed it back to 1080p 50Hz..

Kodi 18?.. Kodi v17.6 is the latest for Android TV Box..
Yes can download from koditv.com-pre-release for kodi 18, the colors are also better on kodi 18 than 17.6,
I have Kodi 17.6 on my Android TV Box and it works just fine.. No issues bit streaming HD Audio to AVR, works fine too..

Same with my Z69 Android TV Box too.. 2160 is 4K resolution right?.. I changed it back to 1080p 50Hz..

yes it is, 4k is when i have an issue and these devices are been reviewed for 4k videos such a shame,

How about if i switch to Himedia Q5PRO? will be issue be fixed since its an little high end box but it has only 2gb of RAM & 8gb eMMC.

yes it is, 4k is when i have an issue and these devices are been reviewed for 4k videos such a shame,

How about if i switch to Himedia Q5PRO? will be issue be fixed since its an little high end box but it has only 2gb of RAM & 8gb eMMC.
I use the q5 pro and it works perfectly for 4k.

Yes can download from koditv.com-pre-release for kodi 18, the colors are also better on kodi 18 than 17.6,

Ok.. Never tried the 18.0

Himedia is a more accomplished media box than others.. So it may just do it..

Good to hear! have you tried dts-hd, hdma, dolby true-hd movie files? which 4k tv do you have?
I guess I would have played these formats and they work.
I use the media player app on Q5 pro to play files off a NAS. I had tried using Kodi but some formats didn't work properly.
The Q5 is connected to a Denon AVR. Pass through detects all formats correctly.
4K tv is Samsung, 2 yrs old. Q5 also plays perfectly to the other output of the AVR connected to a 4K Benq projector.

If looking for an upgrade, the Nvidia shield is super. Use it on my other setup and all formats work. Amazon & Netflix 4K also works...

Hope this helps..

I guess I would have played these formats and they work.
I use the media player app on Q5 pro to play files off a NAS. I had tried using Kodi but some formats didn't work properly.
The Q5 is connected to a Denon AVR. Pass through detects all formats correctly.
4K tv is Samsung, 2 yrs old. Q5 also plays perfectly to the other output of the AVR connected to a 4K Benq projector.

If looking for an upgrade, the Nvidia shield is super. Use it on my other setup and all formats work. Amazon & Netflix 4K also works...

Hope this helps..
Thanks for your input, as per yours & Mine experience the problem is with Kodi i believe as i mentioned earlier the Mx-player plays all format files really well & smooth on H96pro+ but the only problem is the audio out put all i get is DTS & Dolby digital alone, where in kodi in the only app that could read & recognised all formats right code,
Yes i get to read some info where in Q5pro does not play Netflix in HD and amazon prime does not work, as you mentioned i wish i could go for Nvidia shiled TV but its unfortunate we don't have in India, its available in eBay & some other sits for 2 to 3 times more than the actual cost. :(

Hello All, Finally i got my Nvidia Shield TV (16gb version) Last night from US through my cousin's colleague, need to experiment but no time coz of busy schedule will share my experience shortly,

Back