Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

Thats gr8 Subhash,it confirms abt HD-aud passthrough.

Given the following conditions

a. Blu-ray folder (complete copy -region free)
b. Blu-ray ISO
c. M2TS (single file)
d. MKV (single file)

1. Does it allow HD passthrough for all 4?

2. Is there menu/navigation for all 4?

please suggest to buy one of these (along with the prices and the source of buy would be really helpful):

1. PlayOn HD
2. PlayOn HD mini
3. xtreamer (which suits the purpose)
4. seagate FreeAgent Theater+
5. Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BD60
6. Sony Blu Ray BDP-S370/B

i have to buy a player to do the following for me:
a. Play Blu Ray movies (both downloaded 1080i & genuine bought ones)
b. play my MP3s
c. play my FLACs
d. play downloaded other videos from torrents
e. not in real need of wifi
d. would it be better to buy a hdd (running out of space) or burn stuff on discs (for blu ray players)
some other queries may follow

also do note that:
currently i have a yamaha avr Rx V361 (5.1) which i would be trying to chance very soon. the speakers are also yamaha ht. have a pana 32lcd which i also plan to upgrade soon. (i think new queries would be coming in soon when i plan to change these so again would require help there ;) )

i am looking for a player would be kinda futuristic for me (i know things would change really soon but till then) so the DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD would really help

the confusion is really killing. thanks all

I am also looking for a single box source to play br disks, hard disk media, stream movie/ video from local network, record programs from tv and has decent interface.
Macmini could have been a good solution but seems Mr Jobs is not too keen on blu-ray.

you can consider playon hd or mini.if u need an internal storage ,go 4 playon hd (supports upto 2tb 3.5 sata hdd)otherwise,mini is good.i ordered one on yesterday & will get in two days in my hand.pohd internal storage-rs9500(including wifi dongle,shipping charges).mini-rs 6800(no usb dongle.include shipping charge).u can contact ranga prasad of aqtronics at [email protected].

you can consider playon hd or mini.if u need an internal storage ,go 4 playon hd (supports upto 2tb 3.5 sata hdd)otherwise,mini is good.i ordered one on yesterday & will get in two days in my hand.pohd internal storage-rs9500(including wifi dongle,shipping charges).mini-rs 6800(no usb dongle.include shipping charge).u can contact ranga prasad of aqtronics at [email protected].

so you saying that a media player is better then buying a blu ray player. IYO this is the best i should buy, right? :)

Its website has this disclaimer:

* Disclaimer: DTS-HD Master Audio has been tested and is functioning in the current firmware. However, we cannot guarantee DTS-HD Master Audio in future firmware development.

Based on this, DTS HD might stop working in future.

denzong,it's only a suggestion .i personally think their is a lot more advantage on media player rather than blu ray player.if u have a good bluray disc collection,go for blue ray player

i dont have a good blu ray collection
infact you can say not got more then 10 movies also. i was just thinking futuristic

does ur POHD come with an inbuilt 2gb HDD?

i personally think their is a lot more advantage on media player rather than blu ray player.

Quite a few Blu Ray players now include Media player functionality. That give user ability to play:

1. Blu ray/DVD/Aduio CD
2. Files from LAN/Internet
2. Files from HDD attached via USB

In a single device.

Quite a few Blu Ray players now include Media player functionality. That give user ability to play:

1. Blu ray/DVD/Aduio CD
2. Files from LAN/Internet
2. Files from HDD attached via USB

In a single device.

thats the same point i raised therefore i gave 5-6 choices of the device which i want to buy. thus needs suggestions

i think playon mini can support an external bd/or dvd player.but external bluray player is expensive.consider xtreamer pro which supports 2 3.5 ich sata hdd,provides good storage space.pohd comes without hdd inside it(in india).you wan 2 buy it seperatly.i will suggest u to buy a media player.choice of company is your's.if u need one with internal storage,pohd is good,need a portable one consider xtreamer sidewinder or pohd mini.specification wise both r same & i suggest pohd mini.

Last edited:
recently came across 2 new BD releases (rental)

Piranha 3D , Resident Evil -after life ,both have 1080P 3D versions apart from the normal 2D (the 3D version will not play in the BDP)

Does Xtreamer support 3D play back in 3D once the 3D version is ripped on to the HDD, if so to what format do i need to rip the 3D version into?? the options in the ripper are to MKV , AV1 , MP4 , WMV (these are apart from the M2TS for the 2D version)

I have been reading through this thread and it has evolved over the last year and a half. Can someone tell me what is the current status of these players as far as pass-through of Dolby TrueHD and/or DTS-HD Master Audio. I'm pretty sure based on reading through this thread that these can:

PCH C200, PCH A200, PCH A210, all AC Ryan including their new one, which I didn't find mention of here, the Fluxx. The SageTV HD300 can also, but the company was bought by Google and nobody knows where they're going with that product yet.

The ones I am not sure of are the Mede8er and the Xtreamer. The documentation on all of these claim to do pass-through, but after reading through this very helpful thread, I'm skeptical about some of these products doing what they claim. I like them both (price point, build quality, appearance etc.) but not sure if it does pass-through, particularly with MKV files.

I have many Blu Ray rips which are mostly MKV (some iso) and most have a TrueHD and/or DTS-HD Master audio tracks. I use a Denon 4311ci AVR, which can handle the decoding. Anybody own one of these players that has done any of these things mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The Kaiboer H1055 and H1055+ can both do DD TrueHD and DTS HD MA passthrough. Checked with my Denon 1909. This is with the latest FW dated 20-04-2011.

popcorn c 200....... Playon HD2....... netgear 550v.......some Chinese makes Kaiboer 1055........1055 plus....and new models after it....

Himedia 600a/600b.......

The ones I am not sure of are the Mede8er and the Xtreamer. The documentation on all of these claim to do pass-through, but after reading through this very helpful thread, I'm skeptical about some of these products doing what they claim. I like them both (price point, build quality, appearance etc.) but not sure if it does pass-through, particularly with MKV files.

I have many Blu Ray rips which are mostly MKV (some iso) and most have a TrueHD and/or DTS-HD Master audio tracks. I use a Denon 4311ci AVR, which can handle the decoding. Anybody own one of these players that has done any of these things mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Denon 1911 with Dvico Tvix SLIM S1 HD, it plays all in HD,
including DTS HD and Dolby True HD....i was able to download some of the demo DTS HD Content playing through S1 media player, Denon comfortably displays and decodes these HD Content as they are...

the link for media player is below...
http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/products/HDSlimS1.aspx

the demo content i downloaded is from http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php
which has DTS-HD MA as well as Dolby True hd

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back