Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

i had PCH A110 with Onkyo HTS 3300 and DTS-HD and Dolby-HD works perfectly.
Do u use mkv rips with your media player or do u use originl blu ray discs? Actually i have some very large high quality BD rips and would like to know how can we find the audio stream which is encoded in them. Like is it DD 5.1 or DTS-HD?

Bought Xtreamer Pro + Compatible antenna @ Rs 12300

Just opened at 11:30 Daughter watching divx videoes over it..
Need DTS HD-MA AVR to test ,next item planned!

jst recieved the Xtreamer sidewinder (140$ roughly 6.5K)
Awaiting Seagate 2TB External HDD
also excited to know if the xtreamer will output/passthro HD audio

Xtreamer sidewinder is capable of playing 7.1 channel Dolby TruHD and DTS HD-MA :clapping:

Here is the proof...

hi sudhishkv and aneel thanks for info with pics

i havent been able to passthro/output HD audio from my xtreamer its downmixed to DTS

must have missed something here

my connections are Xtreamer Hdmi out to Emotiva UMC-1 Processor in the settings its digital 5.1 out , and firmware shows 2.3.4S boot14

Files i played are rips from my BDs (Avataar and Redcliff) in M2TS format,have ripped only the main movie with FABDVD
will chk by ripping the full disc

hi sudhishkv and aneel thanks for info with pics

i havent been able to passthro/output HD audio from my xtreamer its downmixed to DTS

must have missed something here

my connections are Xtreamer Hdmi out to Emotiva UMC-1 Processor in the settings its digital 5.1 out , and firmware shows 2.3.4S boot14

Files i played are rips from my BDs (Avataar and Redcliff) in M2TS format,have ripped only the main movie with FABDVD
will chk by ripping the full disc

Thanks to power of FORUM
HI-FI-VISION ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a ton to SRINI , ANEEL-R and ALL MEMEBERS FROM FORUM

Had a detailed telephonic conversation with Srini and aneel
Srini advised me to upgrade firmware to 2.5.4 ,he guided me to the steps on the process,following which i downloaded the 2.5.4 onto a pen drive and installed it on to the xtreamer and once it rebooted i also set it to restore defaut

On opening the 2 BD rips the xtreamer flawlessly passed on the HD AUDIO with Avatar and Redcliff, both had DTS-HD MA :clapping:

I confirm that it passes thro DTS-HD MA will chk witk DOLBY TRUE HD soon

Thanks again to srini and aneelr for thier valuable help
thanks to hemanthwhage for starting this XCELLENT thread!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Subhash for the new year baby... Except few flaws xtreamer is good.. But no other media player can beat them for releasing frequent firmware update..:clapping: (sometime it makes us to think it is having lot of flaws:mad:)

Hey Subhash,

:clapping::clapping:11:55PM(your post time) and the HD audio is working, That's a perfect way to start a new year. Congrats!!!.

ENJOY!!
CHEERS!!!

Yet to watch a full movie with the xtreamer
Noticed some issues today- when i skip chapters , theres complete loss of Audio ,it only comes back when i return to start of movie

has anyone noticed this ? is there a solution for this?

Xtreamer has released new firmware

Ver 2.5.4

* PHP recompiled with Curl, json, bzip support.
* Blu-Ray folder playback improvement.
* Bug fixes

Bugs fixed
* Issues with not being able to play some HD-Audio files. Fixed.
* VCD info OSD modified to provide more accurate information
* HDD detection issue after powering up from NAS Mode while HDD is on spin down. Fixed

I have installed this new firmware and found it good. Issue mentioned below which was posted by Aneelr has been resolved in this new firmware. Also when I played the bluray folder it played all the files in it, earlier it was playing only the first file.

" http://www.hifivision.com/media-str...ayer-confirmed-dts-hd-ma-dolby-true-hd-8.html
But there's a catch w.r.t DDTrueHD audio, it does not play automatically when the track is chosen. We need to traverse through the TV out settings on our remote all the way from the first option (ie 480 i guess) to 1080p@60Hz option, only then it plays, otherwise the video is freezed."

Last edited:
it does also out put / pass thro Dolby true HD ,tested with original rip of How to train your dragon

Some issues with DTS HD MA -watched a full movie an original BD rip of Losers during the course of the movie there was sudden loss of Audio about 3 times ,i had to FF and Rwnd to get the audio back on track

With ver 2.4.2 I did not find any audio(DTS-MA) issues while watching full movie. Will check with this new version on the weekend.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back