Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

Some updates on HD Audio on PoHD after testing with demo clips from demo-world.eu

Dolby TrueHD 7.1 - AVR shows reciept of TrueHD stream
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 1080i - AVR shows reciept of TrueHD stream
Dolby Digital+ 7.1 - AVR shows reciept of DD+ stream
DTS HD-MA 7.1 - No Audio (AVR tries to sync but fails)
DTS HD-MA 5.1 1080i - No Audio
DTS-HD MA 5.1 1080p - No Audio/Video (Bitstream Error) - Amazing Life (Lossless) sample
DTS HD-HR 7.1 - AVR shows reciept of DTS stream

AVR: Yamaha RX-V667
PoHD ACR-PV73100P+ Board ID -1073DD C+ (FW: v7.3.x.r3582)

Last edited:
hey thanks.
are you sure it does not downconvert?...Not at all. Its 50gb content, given by a fellow member in this forum.
so Dolby THDand DTS -HD a support is with POHD right?...So far so good
are there any glitches?....No
anyone else to confirm?

Need to check a full length dolby true hd movie content now...

and... my Himedia with a firmware upgrade supports Dolby True HD, which i did. dunno the other thing

According to a himedia user forum

New Features:

* Support APE and CUE
* Decode Dolby TrueHD
* Support more IMS

its the second one r8??.. I got no idea abt these

Shots from transformers 2 played on POHD with dts hd pass through

Hi srenjith,
Can you tell me the file format of Transformer 2? Is that mkv or m2ts? Becoz, still I am unable to achieve DTS-HD MA from an mkv file. From m2ts (bd folders) files, I hear DTS-HD MA but stuttering. So I just wanted to from you.
thanks,

Hi all,

Today tested the Xtreamer SideWinder with FW vers. 2.4.2 for HD audio bitstream.

Connection's were as follows,

Xtreamer->(hdmi)-->Denon 2310->(hdmi)-->Samsung LED

On my Xtreamer's A/V menu settings,
TV System = HDMI Auto
HDMI Audio = On
Digital Output = DTS/DDTrueHD

The test's were successful for both the HD audio's.
Below are the reference to screen shots for my test's

img1000000400.jpg

img1000000395.jpg

This above sample was Ripped from the original BD, from my collection.

img1000000396.jpg

img1000000397.jpg

This above sample was downloaded from the net.

img1000000405.jpg

img1000000403.jpg

This above sample was Ripped from the original BD, from my collection.

But there's a catch w.r.t DDTrueHD audio, it does not play automatically when the track is chosen. We need to traverse through the TV out settings on our remote all the way from the first option (ie 480 i guess) to 1080p@60Hz option, only then it plays, otherwise the video is freezed.
I hope/guess this can be fixed in future FW. Once this is done the video plays perfectly with DDTrueHD audio. (any other owners faced this problem???)

Probably on monday i'll get to test the Playon Mini for HD audio, will keep the forum updated.

Enjoy!!!
Cheers.

P.S- Thanks to rajesh(aka rageshg_k123) for providing his Xtreamer and spotting the DDTrueHD issue thingy.

@Aneel
Nicely put up. This should clear any doubts with the xtreamer HD audio playback. Once you get playon mini, put a brief review comparing both.

I heard Aneel's setup (my first audio session with component HT system) and I was blown away by the sound quality. It was not technical audio session, just 5 to 10 mins, but I was very much impressed.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back