Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

Yes, i bought it as a group buy from aqutronics, upgraded to latest firmware.By this week end, i will post a picture of the same as posted by a fellow member in this forum showing dts hd bypass

@srenjith

Hi man what is the FW u r using ? 3582 ?

is that it is playing mp3 files from external HDD ?

How many times it got hanged during ur movie playback ?

Hi Muthu,

I am using the 3582 FW. But twice or thrice the system got hung when you quickly browse the files. It plays from both internal HDD(where terminator 2 is stored, and as mentioned earlier, dts hd pass through is working well) as well as external drive(where all demo clips have been stored).
Only 1 clip which I downloaded from demoworld.eu(terminator 2 lossless-thx) is not working well. Both audio and video breaks.Dolby true hd bypass doesn't have any problem at all. The same clip which 1 fellow member has shown here(dolby true hd 7.1 channel check - lossless format from demoworld.eu) is working perfectly in POHD.

Last edited:
^^ srenjth, can you do me a small test, I need to know which chip your POHD is using ..... just go to setup=>system=>system info and tell me what does the BOARD information says .......

Also I cant seem to open demoworld.eu, can you share the complete link ???

Last edited:
hi frnds i have talked to kaibboer sellers in india to join hifivision and get the models reviewed by venkat cr

seems a gud purchase lets see how he responds

i have a HDX 1000 nmt. it has the capability of passing thru hd audio without any problem.picked it over pch a110 cuz of the built quality and better reviews. it hasn't disappointed me till date
regards

^^ srenjth, can you do me a small test, I need to know which chip your POHD is using ..... just go to setup=>system=>system info and tell me what does the BOARD information says .......

Also I cant seem to open demoworld.eu, can you share the complete link ???

Hi Sam,

Pls find the details for the same. Thanks.

Last edited:
Dolby TRUE HD bypass. Pls note the blue light lit on Denon. Sorry for the poor picture quality

Last edited:
Tvix-HD7000/6500A plays Tru-Hd and Dts-HD Master so does Dune BD-Prime 3.0, I bit-stream to receiver in both cases.

@hemantwaghe,all

I bought POHD yesterday... After checking with ranga prasad, the device is good and i didn't face any probs ...(v have to update FW listed in playonhd.com website.. (which is now r3582) v should not update any other Interim FW's listed in acryan forum..).. It is kind of linux based GUI.. that's all.. i didn't face any probs with my external HDD connectivity and USB sticks and memory cards ... Over alll i liked the device .. it is rock solid...

I am not able to test DTS HD audio as don't have any receiver in my home ... but one thing i can assure is that chipset they r using is realtek DD+ ((i bought same model AVRP3100+)).. this supports HD audio pass through.. this info i got from him only.. .. it will work based on FW u r updating ....so need to worry about ur HD [audio passthrough , it will work definitely without any issues ( i beleive)

he told clearly don't update any YAMJ FW's listed in Acryan which is not official ...

this info i got from him only.. .. it will work based on FW u r updating ....so need to worry about ur HD [audio passthrough , it will work definitely without any issues ( i beleive)

UNLESS TESTED DO NOT TRUST ANY DISTRI...:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

yes...that is correct ... but i am dame sure that realtek DD+ chipset is capable of doing that... so sure u will get that HD audio passthru .. i beleive.. ok let us conclude on this like below ...

Ok tell me any way i can find out whether POHD is passing HD Audio or not (without Audio Video Receivers) ? if u tell me the way i can test that and i will post you the clear screen shots also for you... as well ??

yes...that is correct ... but i am dame sure that realtek DD+ chipset is capable of doing that... so sure u will get that HD audio passthru .. i beleive.. ok let us conclude on this like below ...

Ok tell me any way i can find out whether POHD is passing HD Audio or not (without Audio Video Receivers) ? if u tell me the way i can test that and i will post you the clear screen shots also for you... as well ??

Hi Sam,

Pls find the details for the same. Thanks.

confirmed and its simple you have the latest chip, which has the passthrough capability through firmware upgrade ...... people who do not have C+ chip (like me :-( ) will not have passthrough, its a hardware limitation .......

As for now this is the update which I think everybody is looking for .....

Srenijith thank for the confirmation dude

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back