Media Player With Confirmed DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD

A friend does and we spent some good time with it. Fab product, tell me what you want to know. Infact it even plays some of his 3D movies with the glasses!
Thanks Ram, if nothing else works out, the PCH it is for me.

Doubt if the 3D is due to the PCH. I watched a 3D movie Blu-ray called "Caroline" in PS3 slim(no 3d capabilities yet) along with the 3D glasses provided with the BD. My Projector/AV Processor does not have 3D capabilities. Although I did not like the movie, I was impressed with the 3D bit.

Doubt if the 3D is due to the PCH. I watched a 3D movie Blu-ray called "Caroline" in PS3 slim(no 3d capabilities yet) along with the 3D glasses provided with the BD. My Projector/AV Processor does not have 3D capabilities. Although I did not like the movie, I was impressed with the 3D bit.

well I can confirm xtreamer pro and dtshd -ma 5.1 in bitstream. this is with a blu-ray ripped as an Iso (movie only). firmware 2.4.2

not tried truHD or lpcm.

cheers

well I can confirm xtreamer pro and dtshd -ma 5.1 in bitstream. this is with a blu-ray ripped as an Iso (movie only). firmware 2.4.2

not tried truHD or lpcm.

cheers

Thanks

Kapil your informative review of this product ling due ...and requested by me.
Please can you confirm with downloaded clips too

hey, that's good..........

any other Xtreamer owners can confirm please!!!

thanks.

I can confirm, but still it has some issues..... In very few files i could see the audio is getting cut and only video is playing... May be this can be solved in future firmware. LPCM "nope" and i downmixed to PCM 5.1 and it lacks the punch.

Forgot to mention i have xtreamer sidewinder edition not an pro edition..

Today i had a good time with "teky" testing it with my 8TB NAS which have fulll HD movies with an maximum single file size of 45GB and it is playing flawlessly when touched by "teky". Golden touch..

Regards

Last edited:

Santhosh:

Update your PS3 firmware to 3.5. 3D capability is included in it.

Regds / Shailender

I think only Xtreamer Sidewinder and Pro ver will work with FW HD audio wht v r talking about ?

Guys,

Pls suggest Xtreamer I can go for it or not ? is there any other bugs are there in this device

I have found issues with the Dolby TruHD 7.1 playback. It is not consistant when using the firmware 2.4.2. And if we use the 2.4.0, the SR channel is not played and SL is played using the SR.

is there any other bugs are there in this device

I don't think such a media player exists at this price point (10k). Regardless of the media player you buy be prepared to deal with bugs and some functionality that is missing.

For example I found out just today that Xtreamer does not support 5.1 sound if codec is MP4 (mp4a).

So, regardless of player you buy, you will across something that would not work. And you will have to find a workaround (E.g. convert audio to AC3 in this case).

I don't think such a media player exists at this price point (10k). Regardless of the media player you buy be prepared to deal with bugs and some functionality that is missing.

For example I found out just today that Xtreamer does not support 5.1 sound if codec is MP4 (mp4a).

So, regardless of player you buy, you will across something that would not work. And you will have to find a workaround (E.g. convert audio to AC3 in this case).

Yes, you are right,, i just spent more than 4 hours hours to convert one full HD movie to H.264/mp4 avc video and it is not playing, it hanged when i tried to played it:sad:

Hi,
I have yesterday played TRANSFORMERS 2(50gb copy) in my play on hd and the blue light of my Denon 2310 lit and showed dts hdma....watched the full movie without any problem.
Also had downloaded all lossless formats from demoworld.eu and dtshd and dolby true hd pass through was not a problem at all.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have yesterday played TRANSFORMERS 2(50gb copy) in my play on hd and the blue light of my Denon 2310 lit and showed dts hdma....watched the full movie without any problem.
Also had downloaded all lossless formats from demoworld.eu and dtshd and dolby true hd pass through was not a problem at all.

bump for hemant

Hi,

is your player the new model, i.e the DD+????

thanks.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back