.vob MPEG2 to MPEG4

madbullram

Guys,
I have a DVD ripped in .vob MPEG2. But WD TV wont recognize .vob in MPEG2 it needs to be MPEG4. Is there any tool that can encode .vob to MPEG4 container?

Will try the software suggested tonight.

Moserw: Its a shareware and I dont want to buy something for this. I have been downloading software but none has produced the desired result :(

Will try the software suggested tonight.

Moserw: Its a shareware and I dont want to buy something for this. I have been downloading software but none has produced the desired result :(

Try free serials available online.

Guys,
I have a DVD ripped in .vob MPEG2. But WD TV wont recognize .vob in MPEG2 it needs to be MPEG4. Is there any tool that can encode .vob to MPEG4 container?

Hi,

Try using Handbrake. This is an excellent freeware that can convert DVDs to mpeg4, mkv etc.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Hi,

Try using Handbrake. This is an excellent freeware that can convert DVDs to mpeg4, mkv etc.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Ah forgot it. Excellent s/w and always gave me great Divx rips. Freeware to boot and you will not be disappointed. Just forgot about it since I have not used in a while. Divx Converter (not freeware but trial version works full for 15 days or so) is also another excellent alternative. Of note for HandBrake use FFMPEG codec, that works the fastest and gives great PQ. Also, use 5.1 AC3 audio codec or it will rip in mp3 which will not give great SQ.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back