Voltage stablizer for AVR?

Get2Ricky

Thanks everyone for the help in choosing my 1st Home Theater. Now after reading alot of forums here it seem like i do need to a voltage stablizer to protect my precious equipment. Right now i have a double battery computer UPS, from which an anchor spike guard power strip is connected and from this strip i have my PC, LED TV and AVR connected. Is this enough? More over i already ordered BELKIN surge protector which will be arriving in few days. Now thing is, do i need a voltage stablizer on all of this or this is alright and if i do need a voltage stablizer, please guide me which one to opt for and how it should be connected like the sequence of surge protect, UPS, voltage stablizer and all that.

P.S. Got voltage fluctuation problem in my area especially in summers and power outrage too daily.

Max budget for voltage stablizer is 3K

I think the belkin surge protector and ups is sufficient for your setup.. but i don't know the specs on your ups so can't say for sure and as far as i know most ups already have a voltage stabilizer in them.. but yours is meant for pc.. so i'd suggest you to calculate all the power consumption from all your gear and make sure your ups has enough juice to pwer all of them..

I think the belkin surge protector and ups is sufficient for your setup.. but i don't know the specs on your ups so can't say for sure and as far as i know most ups already have a voltage stabilizer in them.. but yours is meant for pc.. so i'd suggest you to calculate all the power consumption from all your gear and make sure your ups has enough juice to pwer all of them..

I have Intex 1000VA GAMA UPS.

Hi,

Surge protector is just to protect the equipment when there is surge/sudden flux etc

Stabilizer will correct the voltage output ...

currently iam using Servo Stablizer, best brands in servo are Krykard, not sure if v-guard has servo model , you may go for 2-3 KVA capacity

Note : Having a good Earthing is also very important

power flow should be : Grid > UPS > Stablizer > Belkin protector > Music Equipment

Regards

Tanoj

Hi,

Surge protector is just to protect the equipment when there is surge/sudden flux etc

Stabilizer will correct the voltage output ...

currently iam using Servo Stablizer, best brands in servo are Krykard, not sure if v-guard has servo model , you may go for 2-3 KVA capacity

Note : Having a good Earthing is also very important

power flow should be : Grid > UPS > Stablizer > Belkin protector > Music Equipment

Regards

Tanoj

Hmmm servo one gonna be costly right? I am looking for max 3K tbh :/

I checked for used servo stabilizer in olx and got mine for around 3 k

note : before buying check it thoroughly, check the output using multimeter, if possible open the stabilizer and check if the carbon which rotates on the coil is in good shape

Regards

Tanoj

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back