Volume pot. for Musical Fidelity A3cr preamp.......Help!

Mark1963

Help..... i live in the middle of nowhere, have an MF A3cr preamp, with a broken volume pot.......to make matter worse, whilst i was away a friend thinking he was being helpful, had the unit repaired.....
The pot that has been put in is very cheap, i do not have the original that was removed. Does anyone have any idea of what the original would be? I was thinking ALPS......., but i have no idea about values, names or much else.

Do you have Soldering Skills ? If so you can get a replacement ALPS pot from ebay and solder it Your self or you can get a local radio repair shop to fix it.
I had do this for my MF A5Cr Pre.

Have some soldering skills, just not sure of values for the pot.
Am thinking ALPS Blue Beauty 50k........... but really not sure.
Do you recall what you used in your MF?

Thanks for that info........exactly what i needed to know,....hopefully my soldering is up to the job.....lol

Thanks for all the help guys; now just to show my complete ignorance......... if i am replacing a motorised pot., previously controlled by a remote, would i still be able to use the remote?

You will have to get a Motorized POT. There will be one set of wires for the Variable resistor of the POT and one other set for the Motor. If you hook up the wires properly then the POT should work with the remote. I recommend taking a picture of all the wires and where they are connected before you start de-soldering them. If space provides then have both pots side by side, de-solder one wire at a time and then solder that wire to the exact same spot on the new POT before moving on to the next wire.

Im looking for the same pot cannot find it anywhere did you have any luck finding one? Did you get a chance to speak with Musical Fidelity? Do they still make them?

Wish i could email, alas MF. don't appear to have an email address, and phone network here a little flawed

In case you need to speak to MF personally, you may call MF UK on +44 2089002866. Ask for a gentleman by the name of Simon....he is very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back