Volume too low on Tata Sky STB

bansal98

Last week, Tata Sky pushed a firmware update to the STB and it went all ok, except for the audio part. Now I find that the volume is too low on the same settings as compare to before. Previously I used to keep my AVR at a volume level of 45 and the STB on 2 bars. Now I have to keep my AVR at about 60 and STB at 5 bars to get the same volume. Anyone else experience this change?

I am located in Bangalore.

Same happened with forced Dishtv update,Sound output is coming very low.Need to increase vol on LCD.

What I have noticed is, uneven levels of sound volume across the channels. The sound volume on Zoom is unexpectedly high compared to other channels. It may be there with some more channels also.
Anybody experienced same problem ? please share.

Vinod

Pushed means that you turn on the STB and it starts updating the firmware, without any intervention whatsoever on your part.

No thats not what I meant, did it download the firmware off the Dish or an ethernet connection. I have been using TS+ for a year now and I was never prompted for a firmware update....

No thats not what I meant, did it download the firmware off the Dish or an ethernet connection. I have been using TS+ for a year now and I was never prompted for a firmware update....

The only connection the STB has is the dish. In the past one year, I think it must have installed about 5-6 firmware updates. Everything happens on its own. You don't have to do anything, literally.

I've been facing the same problem since a month now. And all the while I thought that my new plasma's speakers has gone kaput. Is there anyway to rectify this problem pro-actively?

I am having the same low volume problem.......may be another hopeless update from tatasky.

I have following problems with tata sky

1) volume is too low. We keep full volume on STB and adjust volume using TV remote. This problem is from several days.

2) 9XM hangs occasionally.

3) Information bar is too big now. They have added additional space at the bottom which gives details of showcase movies. I hate such big information bar.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back