Vu 163cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV (LTDN65XT800XWAU3D)

prapal

Hi All

I have been visiting this forum for some time now and thanks to all the folks who have shared there experiences . It has been really helpful.

On 9th Jun 2018 i finally pulled the trigger and brought Vu 65" TV from flipkart ,post comparing with LG and Samsung which were very expensive.

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-163cm-6...STTVSEVACQ8NVSRRATOP5RJ5&marketplace=FLIPKART

If anybody is interested to spend 1.35 to 1.50 Lakh - http://www.lg.com/in/tvs/lg-65UJ632T this TV is on sale at Croma and Tatacliq sites .

waiting for engineer to open and do the installation . I would share full unboxing and features video , do let me know if there is any specific feature you want me to test . I would test and share the results .

Congrats on your purchase, I have the VU 65" Iconium series since 2 years now, they are good in that price point, let me know are you able to login to netflix or see netflix app when you set your region to India? I was able to but something changed few months ago and now I have to set region to AUustralia to eve see the app, engineer told me they are having issues with licensing from Netflix may be that is why.

Congrats. Is this from pixlight hdr series? Have you checked screen mirroring and 10 bit 4k HDR videos? How is picture quality for 4k and 1080p videos?

Congrats on your purchase, I have the VU 65" Iconium series since 2 years now, they are good in that price point, let me know are you able to login to netflix or see netflix app when you set your region to India? I was able to but something changed few months ago and now I have to set region to AUustralia to eve see the app, engineer told me they are having issues with licensing from Netflix may be that is why.
The installation is due for today , would check and update you . However when i am planning to use Apple Tv or MI BOX , i knew this TV has opera OS which lacks compared to WebOS or Android . So not expecting much Smart features

Congrats. Is this from pixlight hdr series? Have you checked screen mirroring and 10 bit 4k HDR videos? How is picture quality for 4k and 1080p videos?
I think so , but not sure as on the box it does not say . I have downloaded 10bit LG , Sony and Samsung sample videos would run them and share feedback .

I found a detailed review from TECHIEBEEZ INDIA and this is inline with my observations as well .

https://www.theindianobserver.com/2018/04/best-budget-55-inch-65-inch-4k-hdr-10.html

I have tested all the below formats(via USB 3.0 , inbuilt player of VU) and it works great . My older TV is Samsung LCD which is still going strong for last 7 years , i hope this one lasts at least half way :).

Source : http://4kmedia.org/tag/10-bits/

Samsung: Wonderland HDR
Sony: Bravia OLED HDR10
LG: Cymatic Jazz HDR/HLG
Life Untouched HDR10

Tried many 4K contents on Youtube( inbuilt Youtube app) and all played very well . Netfilx i don't have account , so this weekend would plan for it .

@abhisurya - this is pixlight hdr series as per Manual provided

Congrats on your new purchase. I also purchased the same TV on 9th June when Flipkart was selling it for 70k (I got an additional discount of 1.5k for using HDFC card and opted for no cost EMI). I think at this price point there is no other 65 inch 4K TV which can come even close to this TV both in terms of features and picture quality. 4K HDR from Netflix looks stunning and so does 4k videos from Youtube. Even 1080p world cup matches on my Videocon D2H looks very good (much better than my other 55 inch Full HD VU TV). Using HDMI CEC, I can now control all HDMI connected devices (AV Receiver, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick) with the VU TV remote. So far the only issue I have faced is with ARC; which works intermittently with my Yamaha AV receiver. So as a permanent solution I had to connect my receiver to the VU TV using an optical cable, but that causes an audio delay while watching cable TV (no delay with inbuilt media player, Netflix or Amazon Fire Stick though). Also I would have loved to control my Videocon D2H set top box using the VU remote as well. But I guess the limitation is on the Videocon device.

hi i also have Vu 43 in 4k pixellight HDR operatv SMART,my question is whether we can install any app .if please suggest me,in case of android we can doit

So far the only issue I have faced is with ARC; which works intermittently with my Yamaha AV receiver. So as a permanent solution I had to connect my receiver to the VU TV using an optical cable, but that causes an audio delay while watching cable TV (no delay with inbuilt media player, Netflix or Amazon Fire Stick though).
I have a Yamaha Rx v681 Receiver which I connect using HDMI port to my 40" LED Samsung and have no audio lag. Can you tell me what kind of issue you are facing? I am planning to get the same TV and would be using the receiver hdmi out to connect the TV. Thanks

I have a Yamaha Rx v681 Receiver which I connect using HDMI port to my 40" LED Samsung and have no audio lag. Can you tell me what kind of issue you are facing? I am planning to get the same TV and would be using the receiver hdmi out to connect the TV. Thanks
I have the Yamaha RX-V667. With the VU TV, ARC functionality works intermittently. Sometimes it works fine while majority of the time the ARC signal is not coming to the receiver. It is really strange because ARC worked perfectly with the same AV receiver and my earlier Samsung Plasma and LG LED TVs. However when ARC is recognized, it works fine without any audio delay but output is always Dolby Digital (even for DTS and other HD audio formats). So I decided to avoid using ARC and connected the TV and my receiver with an optical cable. Now everything is fine except I get the audio delayed by few milliseconds when watching my Videocon D2H (this is bit strange as usually the video is delayed and there is no settings in the TV or receiver to offset this audio delay). However there is no delay when I am watching Netflix, Amazon Prime or playing media directly from the TVs usb. BTW even with optical connection, the output is always Dolby Digital (even when the source has DTS) and of course optical cannot handle HD audio formats so they are converted to standard 5.1 dolby as well. It seems this TV cannot process DTS audio.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back