VU Android Television Support for Amazon Prime Video and Music

neerajkumargupta

Hi Friends,
Have someone tried installing Amazon Prime Video and Music app on VU Android TV. I am not able to locate it in Google Play Store
Any pointers will really help.

Regards,
Neeraj

i too would like to know if anyone has successfully installed Amazon Prime app on VU TV. The TV has Opera store and not Google play store.

Generally, amazon prime and netflix comes pre installed on Android TV. Only then they will support 4K HDR (due to some device certifications and DRM issues). Amazon prime and netflix installed via playstore or USB may not stream high resolution videos

Amazon Prime app for TV is not available in Google Play Store. They have restricted the same to few premium models (Sony, LG & Samsung and may be Pana), where it comes normally pre-installed or thru the OEMs appstore. For other TVs they can access Amazon prime thru fire stick (cost around 3999/-) available at amazon.

You can get the apk file for Primevideo on the net. Download and install it. You should get FullHD content with that. For 4k, i think you'll need to invest in a Firestick.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back