VU LED 4K TV - Brightness Issue

amp

Hi,

I just bought a VU LED 4K TV but the screen has quite a few bright spots which I have noticed after installation. This is my first LED TV and don't know if this is normal or not.

Please see attached a photo of the TV turned on but without any signal. The blacks are mostly grey around the edges. My old TV - an LCD - had much better Picture Quality!

Regards
AMP

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 226
I think it might need calibration. Also do you notice any spots when the TV is turned on?

But do you get to see images? Or is this just raster that you get. Get an immediate replacement soon

Thats ok . Turn down the backlight and brightness in display settings and see if you still have them . This is the issue in all cheap led tv's and its called backlight bleeding .Even low model TV's from popular brands have this isssue . Your TV needs some calibaration . Tell us whats are various display settings in menu and we might help in calibrating it .

Last edited:
Even low model TV's from popular brands have this isssue . Your TV needs some calibaration
AYlgpr

I yesterday installed the VU 4k uhd at my home and did not find any blacklight bleed or any dark or white spots in the entire screen. The screen was pitch dark (as if its turned off) with no signal condition.

The PQ is amazing and way ahead than what i expected in a uhd television. Currently i am feeding a SD signal which is 576i format. Will plan other formats by end of this week. Will recommend this TV to FMs.

I just bought 65 inch VU LED 4K TV. I have same white patches issue.. its is there while starting and also during video play. its annoying. I saw the same day when installed and complained. Don't know whether is only with my TV or with all TV of this model.

Attachments

• IMG_20160608_233807.jpg
    IMG_20160608_233807.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 56
Does it happens at night or day as well with my uh8500 I also see bleeding but from bottom

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back