Vu UHD 55 premium tv with pixelight.

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Looking to replace my one year old Videocon.

Never used or tried a vu tv. How is the picture quality? Not interested in the sound as it will be connected to the Marantz amp.

I guess this model is their latest? Anyone using it or any idea would be helpful. Thanks. Budget is about 60k.

I bought this TV just before this Diwali for 52.5K with 2 yrs extended warranty.
Panel quality is very good for its price, and so as other features.
Upscaling with Dish TV is working very well, no real complaints. I have connected my HTPC [1080P with 60Htz] and it works very well too.

I think connecting AVR with TV should also be easy, you may or may not enable 4K upscaling on AVR based on features.

Hope it helps.

Thank u so much. Which city did u buy from? Local store or online? How is the pic quality on Netflix and YouTube cause I heard it's not that great in some reviews. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank u so much. Which city did u buy from? Local store or online? How is the pic quality on Netflix and YouTube cause I heard it's not that great in some reviews. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hii,

I ordered online from Flipkart during their sales season in september 2017. The picture quality is very good overall even for Netflix & Youtube. But, you need good broadband connection for that. 4k videos look awesome, 1080p looks very good & the rest others normal. For the budget, this TV is the best. Upscaling is very good.

Fast moving scenes leave an uncomfortable flicker, which can give headache at times.

Above is from flipkart comment . What is your view on this?

Fast moving scenes leave an uncomfortable flicker, which can give headache at times.

Hi,

I am using this TV primarily for watching hollywood action movies & serials. But, in fast paced action scenes, i never found any flickering.

This is a different view from my end. VU delivers really good products compare in its price segment. But recently TCL brought a few new models, which are very much comparable to VU. Their best offerings 55P605/607 are yet to be launched in India. According to critics all over the world, these new models are giving good competition to big brands like SONY, LG or SAMSUNG. If someone can arrange an import of these products, it would be better than any of the new VU models.

This is a different view from my end. VU delivers really good products compare in its price segment. But recently TCL brought a few new models, which are very much comparable to VU. Their best offerings 55P605/607 are yet to be launched in India. According to critics all over the world, these new models are giving good competition to big brands like SONY, LG or SAMSUNG. If someone can arrange an import of these products, it would be better than any of the new VU models.
TCL L55MUS is no match to VU 55 Pixelight. Only OLED TVs have better picture quality. HDR on TCL has huge bright green background which is completely non existent on VU in addition to richer colors and wider gamut. It may well be a 10 bit panel as they claim.

However TCL has comparable PQ for SDR content and 4k Chromecast inbuilt with Netflix and YouTube 4k enabled is awesome.

VU has 4k HDR enabled for Netflix and Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime is unfortunately not available for any Chromecast devices (every sideloading using ES File Explorer didn't work for me).

VU has quick start function while TCL is slowest to boot Chromecast firmware.

VU struggles rendering 4k 60Hz videos on Youtube (same may happen over USB) as the bandwidth it gets is around 20Mbps to a max of 25 to 27Mbps (out of 100Mbps on both wired and wireless AC network. In contrast, TCL happily plays them (though 60Hz play like 30Hz unlike VU). TCL gets 30 to 46 Mbps bandwidth (LG 2017 OLED TVs on the same network reach 85 to 93 Mbps on youtube and is HDR enabled).

Audio is better on VU with 2.2 speakers (bit bizarre speaker placement though)

Build quality is better on VU with sleek and sturdy Metal Stands while VU has an odd, bulky plastic stand.

Viewing Angle is way better on VU as it doesn't have the Pink tint like TCL while bother have VA panels.

TCL is a slim back design while Vu is bulky probably because it has a Full Array LED Backlight (no local dimming or motion interpolation on either). Both are good for Gaming with low input lag and 4:4:4 Full Chroma rendering

TCL's tiny RF metallic remote is an extraordinary remote with slimmest and probably one of the best quality remote you could find on any TV till date. Best Air/Magic mouse experience. Better than even the 2017 LG OLED remote! TCL also comes with a great, extremely slim and stylish IR remote

None of these TVs come with IR blaster and media controls over CEC doesn't work (CEC works otherwise for volume and power buttons)

Nothing beats an OLED TV but for a LED LCD TV VU gives best VFM around 50k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Excellent Info PRANKEY. I myself is also a VU fan as I wanna have one for my Theater room. But recently TCL's US release attracted my attention. The P605/607 models are not available in India. Exited to see how these new TVs are performing. The reviews are interesting. Waiting for those to launched here also.

This is probably some comment from a user that hasn't tried out the advanced picture settings on the TV. Try these settings. They make significant difference.

bmFgEsm.jpg

Although there are other risks with Vu UHD TVs before you consider them. My issues with it are @
http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...ark-corners-worth-sending-service-center.html

Hi,

I am using this TV primarily for watching hollywood action movies & serials. But, in fast paced action scenes, i never found any flickering.

Hi my Vu 4k is being delivered today.Does netflix app on the tv play 4k content out of the box or should we tweak any option for it?

Hi my Vu 4k is being delivered today.Does netflix app on the tv play 4k content out of the box or should we tweak any option for it?

Hi,

I am sorry to say that i have not tried Netflix app till date. I have heard that at least 20 MBps broadband connection is needed for 4k content to play smoothly in netflix. I have only 8MBps connection.

How's your experience - so far?
My budget & consideration is pretty much the same as yours.
I am looking at Vu 50" & 55" HDR (Pixelight) versions.
Hoping for good deals to come through by X'mas or New year :D

Yes the price to performance is very good.HD and 4k pictures look excellent.If you have budget constraints VU is the way to go.

It's a great TV. Very accurate colors and excellent black levels. Screen is glossy so you see a little reflection in dark scenes.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back