wagon r ice medium value for money setup wih sub amp and dvd

eq>iq

hi all

i have been searching this forum for wagon r ice to guide me on ice ing my wagon r vxi.

my requirements are

1) Sub & an amp = compulsory since i like deep punchy bass

2) i need equally good sound in front as well as in rear seat

3) i would ideally want a dvd hu + a 7 inch screen fitted on the roof

4) i would like components in front but i do not want it on the door. so a "4" component would do, powered by a 4 channel amp

5) the rear speaker would be 6*9 oval or 6 mounted on 18 inches thick bass reflex parcel tray or moulded behind the seat

6) my total budget for this would be upto 25k.. i am ok with grey since it is a reliable installer

7) i checked out some GP road shops, who quoted 2.5 k for jbl cs1215 sub woofer, 5.5 k for jbl 644 amp and 1k for 4 inch coaxial and 2.5 k for 6*9 rear jbl, hu was 9k for pio dvd hu 3190 or 10k for jvc 9405 with blue tooth

I would request your help in getting in touch with mark. since he seem to be the best ice installer in chennai as well as value for money

hi vinod david

Thanks for the reply.
I have edited my profile. I am also trying to join the chenni HiFi group, but do not know how..Is this ok or are some more details required:):)

hi guys..

i was really looking forward to advice on my query..

is there anything in my query that needs clarification..

please advice..

Woah! 18" thick parcel tray? My friend, its a car you are talking about, not a T90.

Component speakers, you need to mount on the front doors. Is there a dash cut out for speakers in the 'R? The mid bass should go on the doors and the tweets at the base of the A pillar, facing you.

Run the components and the sub through the amplifier and use the HU to power the rear 6X9s. If you are going for JBL speakers, try HUs from brands other than Pio. JBL + Pio sounds very bright (IMHO). I don't think the 644 will supply enough juice to the sub. You could consider a 2 channel from JBL for the components and a Pio 2 channel for the sub. I think a JBL 1004 would be a cheaper option though.

Don't be shy on the wiring and damping. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi Shuv

Thanks for the reply

Woah! 18" thick parcel tray? = A Typo.. I meant 1.8 inches thick:D

I was initially inclined towards a bass tube, but was told that they damage hatch back, and that they are unbearably boomy

You seem to be using one..kindly advice..

how much would an alpine hu, with 3 high volt rca preout, blue tooth , ta and the ability to play videso from usb of external hd through aux in cost.

thanks

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back