Waiting for Emotiva

shibashis

Just pulled the trigger on Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC/Pre, now the wait has began. :)

It is a blind buy obviously as there is no way to audition their product here.
I was initially looking at their XDA-2 but then decided to go a step higher as people testify that their is noticeable sonic difference between the XDA-2 and the DC-1.
I think there is not anything available on the internet that I have not read on the DC-1. I'll be using it as a Pre as well with my Adcom 545 Mk II power amp.
Here is hoping that it will turn out to be good.

One major reason behind going with Emotiva is that I liked the company after reading about them extensively and their aim to provide a 'high-end' auditory experience at an affordable price point.

There is currently a 10% discount on their products, this is the Independence Day sale, will run till 14th July. So far it is $449, now the duty + taxes need to be shelled out.

Congrats & Welcome to emotiva family.. I am using XDA2, great sound and good quality.. I am sure you won't regret your buy if you like the emotiva sound signature. DC1 is definitely step higher than xda and you have advantage of analog input..

Just pulled the trigger on Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC/Pre, now the wait has began. :)
<snip>?Here is hoping that it will turn out to be good.
congrats.

may the wait be brief.

i know what you mean about reading the nets worth of info.

i am sure you will be amazed to hear what your rig really sounds like

ciao gr

Congratulations on your purchase.

I'm have been using DC-1 from past one year and enjoying it. You will not be disappointed. It offers more flexibility in terms of input voltage and multiple input options and output options.

Thanks,
Hemanth.

Thank you Hemanth and Sound_cycle, it is a painful wait.
Once received I will give it a good listen and will write my impressions.

Received an email from Emotiva saying that DC-1 is back-ordered and they will receive more units later this month.
Called to confirm the same. The wait is prolonged, this is tormenting like a sea voyage waiting to end and each day passes with the expectation to see the land. :(

Can not do much but to wait patiently...

Received an email from Emotiva saying that DC-1 is back-ordered

That dreaded word !

From the second day following my order it has been "STATUS: Backordered. Orders placed now will ship in approximately 2-3 weeks" on the bifrost page :eek:

ciao
gr

The D/A converter they used AD1955 is well known for tube like sound. Let us know your impression. My experience tells me you should take caution and wait at least 2 weeks before make any final impression.

Any new buy (audio gears) change the sound and most of the time people get overwhelmed by their new purchase and take the changes with positive mind instantaneously. Believe me, your impression most of the time get changes within a month.

But it is the most fun part to audition a new gear in audio chain.

Last edited:
I will heed your advice and be sure to give it a good, careful and objective listen before I come to any conclusion.
At the same time after going through the pain of importing it and parting with a considerable chunk of my meager savings I will be more than inclined to wave the flag in its favour. :)

At the same time after going through the pain of importing it and parting with a considerable chunk of my meager savings I will be more than inclined to wave the flag in its favour. :)

That is most expected part, almost none can avoid it unless the gadget sounds real nasty. ;) Your impression will be more authentic if you have experience of another DAC of same price class. Or you can compare it with your present CD player.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back