wall mount vs desk mount for SQ

nandac

which is better for sq - wall mount or desk mount (with isoacoustics)?

stand mount is ruled out because i have a two year old running around.

also with wall mount what is the ideal height for mounting? is 6 feet high with the speaker angling down ok?

also what should be the ideal/minimum length between speakers during placement?

the speakers i am using are dali mentor menuet and neat iota.

appreciate the insights.

Hi

Ideal height of speakers should be at ear level......5/6 feet from bare ground....angled / tilted to listening area....see google images which will give you ideas...

If you are using an AVR.....through auto calibration, it will calculate levels and other aspects for optimal performance...

Dali are placement specific...just as Bose has clear details on ideal placement of Bookshelf speakers...Dali should have the same.....

I don't think wall mount will work well for Dalis......it may get too boomy

also with wall mount what is the ideal height for mounting?

Ear height in your listening position would be ideal to match your speakers (tweeters) height..

which is better for sq - wall mount or desk mount (with isoacoustics)?

Not aware of the isoacoustics.. Both should be fine, but whichever is safer & convenient coz of the limitations..

is 6 feet high with the speaker angling down ok?

Are these for fronts (or) surrounds?..

also what should be the ideal/minimum length between speakers during placement?

Since equilateral triangle between speakers / listening position is suggested, Then the speakers should be spread as much as you are away from them (sometimes, not possible)..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back