Wall Mounted Unit For AVR

mrp

Hello Everyone,

I am Mahesh Patil from Pune. I am getting the interiors done at my new flat. In one of the bedrooms, I plan to set up a TV on a wall and a 5.1 system. I plan to get a unit built on the wall and below the TV unit to place the AVR. I have not yet finalized the AVR. I need help to finalize the dimensions for the wall-mounted unit so that the AVR can fit in. What should be the minimum Height, Length, and Depth for the AVR to fit in along with the wires connected behind. I plan to keep the front open for ventilation (along with a mesh on the side). Thank you in advance.

Wall Unit for AVR.png

Keep at least 3" on each side for easy ventilation and around 4/5" extra at the back for easy cable management (if possible, don't completely close it). If you have shortlisted the model, check their spec—list for exact dimensions.

Keep at least 3" on each side for easy ventilation and around 4/5" extra at the back for easy cable management (if possible, don't completely close it). If you have shortlisted the model, check their spec—list for exact dimensions.
Thank you for your reply. I have not finalized the model yet. I will buy it after 6 months (budget constraints as of now). But as the furniture work is going in, I need to get the unit made. Can you please tell me some standard dimensions for the box?

@mrp assuming you are going in for a marantz/denon model other than the flagship one (8015/x8500H, the following dimensions should work for your AVR (generally speaking).

usually the depth is about 15" please factor in 4-5" at the back for cable management and ventilation. the width will be around 17" + 6" (3" on both sides for ventilation) - height is around 7" usually but if you want to add a cooling solution like ac infinity on top please factor that in. also need to factor in wifi reception + ventilation so about 10" should be fine in most cases. hope this helps.

@mrp assuming you are going in for a marantz/denon model other than the flagship one (8015/x8500H, the following dimensions should work for your AVR (generally speaking).

usually the depth is about 15" please factor in 4-5" at the back for cable management and ventilation. the width will be around 17" + 6" (3" on both sides for ventilation) - height is around 7" usually but if you want to add a cooling solution like ac infinity on top please factor that in. also need to factor in wifi reception + ventilation so about 10" should be fine in most cases. hope this helps.
@captainsubtext Thank you so much. That was really helpful.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back