wall mounting 2.5kg speakers

filmguy

looking to wall mount a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.0 speakers which weigh about 2.5 kgs each. they come with 2 threaded inserts at the back

there are some brackets available on amazon but am not sure how much to trust the specs which say they can bear weight of upto 5kg as the reviews of some seem mixed and those with positive experience might be those who've mounted small satellite type speakers. few of them seem to be made of plastic so i'm doubtful that they'll hold the weight of bookshelf type speakers. one of them is of steel but its only got a single screw which has to bear the strain so i'm a bit unsure

need one which can be tilted

anyone with any experience of these

Speaker Wall Mounting Bracket - White (Max 10LBS) - Set of 2 Price: Buy Speaker Wall Mounting Bracket - White (Max 10LBS) - Set of 2 Online in India -Amazon.in

Buy 5mm Satellite Wall / Ceiling Mounting stand Kit Brackets for Bose Sony Panasonic Samsung Speakers 2 Pack Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy CNCT Speaker Wall Mount Bracket (2 piece Set) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

there are some others on other sites

TechnoGuru - Universal Speaker Wall Mount (02 Mounts)

Omnimounts - SoundFoundations

there are a few different types on aliexpress but i dont fully understand how to mount the speakers on them

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...d-SPEAKER-WALL-bracket-mount/32710317285.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...L-BRACKET-mount-holder-stand/32554658210.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ts-15kg-Loading-For-Speakers/32760009394.html

the hifimart ones seem to expensive for 3k. plus i dont think they can tilt.

the aliexpress ones seem a safe bet but i dont understand how i'll be able to attach them because the holes seem quite big

looking to wall mount a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.0 speakers which weigh about 2.5 kgs each. they come with 2 threaded inserts at the back

there are some brackets available on amazon but am not sure how much to trust the specs which say they can bear weight of upto 5kg as the reviews of some seem mixed and those with positive experience might be those who've mounted small satellite type speakers. few of them seem to be made of plastic so i'm doubtful that they'll hold the weight of bookshelf type speakers. one of them is of steel but its only got a single screw which has to bear the strain so i'm a bit unsure

need one which can be tilted

I believe you are planning for surrounds..

Check if this might suit your need - 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 Wall / Ceiling mount(MultiDirection) for Surround Speakers Price: Buy 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 Wall / Ceiling mount(MultiDirection) for Surround Speakers Online in India -Amazon.in

Not sure if you have option of returning the product, if it doesn't suit.. Check with amazon before you place the order..

Yes.. 3K is expensive for speaker tilt..

I bought this one and returned it coz the mounting hole in the speaker was too bigh for the threaded insert on the mount. The moc was excellent (all metal) and it would easily take 2.5kg load with tilt function. Its like the ball head for tripods on which DSLR's are mounted.
Jenefas-Wall Mount for 5mm Screw Type 2.1 & 5.1 Speakers: Amazon.in: Home & Kitchen
Then i bought this one
Buy TONO HT 55 SPEAKER WALL MOUNT Pair (Returns accepted - compatibility not guaranteed) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
to support this speakers (1 kg each)
https://www.amazon.de/Dynavox-AS-301-Satelliten-Lautsprecher-schwarz/dp/B0012AWF14
They have tilt too. It came with all sets of screws and washers. No issue handling 1 kg weight. 2.5kg should also be fine but i would suggest to order them and try yourself. Return should not be a problem as the seller already suggest in the item description.

the aliexpress ones seem a safe bet but i dont understand how i'll be able to attach them because the holes seem quite big

Yes, 3k is expensive. The do tilt. I am using these with my Quad Lite sats which are of similar weight. Got them along with the speakers.

I feel that most of what is available on amazon.in would be risky for your speakers.
Write to aliexpress or seller for exact dimensions.

They are working while testing tones in audessey setup but no effect while playing movies

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I believe you are planning for surrounds..

Check if this might suit your need - 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 Wall / Ceiling mount(MultiDirection) for Surround Speakers Price: Buy 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 Wall / Ceiling mount(MultiDirection) for Surround Speakers Online in India -Amazon.in

Not sure if you have option of returning the product, if it doesn't suit.. Check with amazon before you place the order..

Yes.. 3K is expensive for speaker tilt..

problem is these are all plastic and reading user reviews they all suggest these kinds of mounts even 1kg speakers are a stretch. even though they're rated for upto 5kg i think they're more for the small satellite type speakers

I bought this one and returned it coz the mounting hole in the speaker was too bigh for the threaded insert on the mount. The moc was excellent (all metal) and it would easily take 2.5kg load with tilt function. Its like the ball head for tripods on which DSLR's are mounted.
Jenefas-Wall Mount for 5mm Screw Type 2.1 & 5.1 Speakers: Amazon.in: Home & Kitchen
Then i bought this one
Buy TONO HT 55 SPEAKER WALL MOUNT Pair (Returns accepted - compatibility not guaranteed) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
to support this speakers (1 kg each)
https://www.amazon.de/Dynavox-AS-301-Satelliten-Lautsprecher-schwarz/dp/B0012AWF14
They have tilt too. It came with all sets of screws and washers. No issue handling 1 kg weight. 2.5kg should also be fine but i would suggest to order them and try yourself. Return should not be a problem as the seller already suggest in the item description.

those seem out of stock

i'd gone ahead and ordered mounts similar to those jenefas one in your first link since they're made of steel which i thought would be a safer bet but just like you i found the specs were not accurate. they said that it was for speakers with 5mm threaded inserts but the screw seems to be smaller in diameter and hence is loose

btw, were you able to return those first mounts easily? i have to return the ones i bought and even though the seller promised on the phone he'd take it back if they werent compatible, since its not amazon fulfilled i'm now unsure

Yes, 3k is expensive. The do tilt. I am using these with my Quad Lite sats which are of similar weight. Got them along with the speakers.

I feel that most of what is available on amazon.in would be risky for your speakers.
Write to aliexpress or seller for exact dimensions.

they say theyre compatible but with my limited knowledge of carpentry i'm not sure how they're supposed to be mounted

see these are the dimensions

2BD792869A378BF627489A23CFCF93D6C99ECE6673CFC67366D29E549B269ED2C61399CB94D2CBCF03C9D29BC8F156831303C7C69A83F31383F533.jpg

the smallest holes in it are 0.7cm big so how will the 5mm screw needed for the threaded insert sit in it?

Last edited:
they say theyre compatible but with my limited knowledge of carpentry i'm not sure how they're supposed to be mounted

see these are the dimensions

2BD792869A378BF627489A23CFCF93D6C99ECE6673CFC67366D29E549B269ED2C61399CB94D2CBCF03C9D29BC8F156831303C7C69A83F31383F533.jpg

the smallest holes in it are 0.7cm big so how will the 5mm screw needed for the threaded insert sit in it?

Well, you seem to be getting confused between cm and mm. 1 cm = 10 mm.

LOL i know :p

that 0.7cm hole is 7mm but the threaded insert on back of my speakers is 5mm so the 5mm screw i put in it will be loose in the mount

btw, were you able to return those first mounts easily? i have to return the ones i bought and even though the seller promised on the phone he'd take it back if they werent compatible, since its not amazon fulfilled i'm now unsure

/QUOTE]

I initiated for the return next day itself when they were delivered. Return was hassle free, no question asked.

d74aa597243831bf9c36735ce5e58196.jpg

View from the top.
I did this about 5 years back. I had some trouble finding screws with matching threads. Finally found them in an auto repair shop !!!
If you zoom in, you'll notice that I used washers with the screws.
The stands are very stable and quite adequate for these speakers. Weight is not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^did you have to drill the back of the speakers? asking coz the thickness of the screw in photo seems larger than 5mm

^did you have to drill the back of the speakers? asking coz the thickness of the screw in photo seems larger than 5mm

Nope. The screw was an exact fit. That's why it took some time to find them.
No modifications made to the speakers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back