wanna buy a 26" LCD for bedroom

souravin

Hi all,

wanna buy a 26" LCD within Rs. 32,000 for my bedroom. Here is the details:

Viewing distance: - 6ft.
would be paired up with a Pioneer DV 220 via HDMI. Mostly downloaded HQ avi rips
preferred viewing : SD set top box from cablewallah joined with S-video.

should contain atleast 2 HDMI's/ 1 S-video/ 1 D_Sub.

Please suggest a good quality LCD within my budget.

Thanks in advance

Sourav

For 32k, I think the Philips FullHD 5609 is an excellent choice. Also, the quality of 26 in general is not that great.

most lcds in 26" have older lcd tech,with poor contrast,viewing angle etc.

u can go for a 32" like the samsung 32B450 or u can also go for the 32s550a from sony available in ebay for around 28k.
i wouldn't recommend a FHD tv since ur viewing distance is too close for SD content.

For 26in ,dont look for other than samsung.If need 32 ,then like MBR,go for Philips 5609.

most lcds in 26" have older lcd tech,with poor contrast,viewing angle etc.

u can go for a 32" like the samsung 32B450 or u can also go for the 32s550a from sony available in ebay for around 28k.
i wouldn't recommend a FHD tv since ur viewing distance is too close for SD content.

Absolutely..

Checkout eBay India: BRAND NEW SAMSUNG LA32B450C4M 32" LCD TV + Dealer Wrty (item 250539879664 end time 09-Dec-2009 08:00:00 IST)

The seller has a good reputation but provides only dealer warrenty!

Thanx to all for the reply. I'm seriously looking for 26" LCD as my wall cabinet won't allow a 32" LCD to fit in. However I'll again measure the free space.

How abt the Panasonic LCD. Also I have heard a lot abt the Philips 5609. Which one is a better choice. I already have a 2 and 1/2 yrs old Sammy LCD (19") which I'm going to sale soon.

Thanx to all

Sourav

Thanx to all for the reply. I'm seriously looking for 26" LCD as my wall cabinet won't allow a 32" LCD to fit in. However I'll again measure the free space.

How abt the Panasonic LCD. Also I have heard a lot abt the Philips 5609. Which one is a better choice. I already have a 2 and 1/2 yrs old Sammy LCD (19") which I'm going to sale soon.

Thanx to all

Sourav

I had a look at the LG atom 26" LCD for 23-24k when I went to the showroom 2 months ago.

Though it looks comical in white in the website, It looks a log better in real as whole of the front panel is black and whole of the white goes behind. Had a brief look. Remote is also good. I liked it better than the 26" close by.

Highlight of this TV is, it comes with a USB port for movie, picture and songs playback. None of the other 26" Tvs have this.

I feel that since this is developed as a small screen TV instead of the lowest size in a particular range, the attention to details is better in this.

No harm in taking the demo.

so basically since most of us use set top boxes these days lcd monitors should be contenders also when choosing lcd tv.

What is the difference between a lcd monitor and a lcd tv ?

Check out the Dell U2410

well a lcd tv has more then just a tuner and speakers,it has good image processing to handle SD content,motion etc.

there is offcouse the el cheapo monitor tvs that some companies like LG sell which basically have a crappy TN panel with a tuner/speaker/remote.but won't really match a tv with its superior panel,contrast,image processing.

in the case DELL U2410 it costs more then 30k and u will need a external tv tuner and speakers,a good tuner would cost around 3k.

Last edited:
Go for 32" Toshiba/Sharp with LCD panels from Japan, instead of LG or Sammy. The Korean makes are crap.....

the dell i mentioned has the new ips panel .

well even if it has a IPS panel,its still can't match a tv for watching SD content,the contrast ratio of tvs are still much higher then the lcd monitor.
at a price of around 30k+ the cost of tuner and speakers, its far from VFM.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back