Wansa Anyone?

moserw

Hi,

I have come across a brand labeled Wansa in X-Cite Hyderabad and they are selling Plasma or LCD TV (not sure which), but 42 inches at 42K. Has anyone used this brand and if so how good are they? I am not looking for or expecting a PV8 here, but how are the Wansa in terms of VFM and how good or big is the brand itself. Also, any details about warranty and service standards would be appreciated. I did some R&D on the internet, and it seems they are part of the Alghanim Industries based in the Gulf region, but nothing much else like their products reviewed by users on Amazon etc.

Any inputs would be much appreciated...

well, i too saw the same n searched in gooogle but no much info on it. so dropped the idea of considering it.my opinion is when buying its better to buy some known product, eventhough if its slightly more xpensive than taking chances with an unknown brand.

Hi,

I have come across a brand labeled Wansa in X-Cite Hyderabad and they are selling Plasma or LCD TV (not sure which), but 42 inches at 42K. Has anyone used this brand and if so how good are they? I am not looking for or expecting a PV8 here, but how are the Wansa in terms of VFM and how good or big is the brand itself. Also, any details about warranty and service standards would be appreciated. I did some R&D on the internet, and it seems they are part of the Alghanim Industries based in the Gulf region, but nothing much else like their products reviewed by users on Amazon etc.

Wansa,Sensei .........xe@&^&^ may all look cool:cool: But they will not last long:eek: Then what will you do:confused:

LCD's will naturally die by becoming dull on the long run, the brightness contrast will gradually reduce.So these units may look extra bright when new but may last only 5 years. But a good branded LCD's will last 20 years. So for a 10 k more you can use them 10 more years that 1k/year. Not to forget brand feel.

Well i havent heard these brand breaking down as TV's, but my frineds Koryo Ac form big bazaar went kapuut.Koryo , sensei, wansa must all be brothers!

Krish

Moser, these large supermarkets bring in a large number of unknown brands and hawk them off at attractive prices. Not our cup of tea at all.

We must also be careful of another trick these people play. I have seen many products with the brand name spelled differently that could confuse many people - such as Soni instead of Sony.

I am used to seeing such things in Ritchie Street, SP Road or places like that. Now they have entered supermarkets also. Delhi has a market where you can decide the player/amp that you want, and then he will stick a very genuine looking brand plate of your choice.

Cheers

Thanks guys for confirming what I already knew in my heart. Now hopefully I can convince my friend against it and also at the same time convince him about going for the PV8 that I have...

Being a vaterun of mass market electronics I just want to say that nowdays it is very easy to launch a brand or product. a lot of people buy chinese products and launch , some buy bigger consignments and re brand the products as their own.The product managers / product heads ( I was one of them) is sometimes unaware of latest developments and technologies!
Manytimes the service support from bad to pathetic. Service person do not know the settings and unavailabality of parts over longer span is some of the biggest problems.
Also internet support and knowledge base for such brands too almost non existant.

SO MY ADVICE - STAY AWAY!!!

Dear Friends,
I too had visited X-Cite here at Gurgaon. Here are the facts about WANSA Brand:
> Wansa products are 'Made in China' and are shipped from Kuwait to India. (I know this since i recieved a electronic weighing machine of WANSA brand along with a wachine machine which i recently purchase from X-Cite)
> It is shipped from Kuwait to India to avoid any ANTI-DUMPING ISSUES that may arise as in the case of Chinese made toys (possible reason)
> At all X-Cite showrooms, you will find the sales person telling you that the product will be shipped from Kuwait. Ask him for a product catalogue, and he will have none.
> If you see the website of the Kuwait distributor, it only mentions the details of the WANSA product. There is no information on the country of origin.
> Price of the WANSA product is the greatest USP. Whereelse can you get a 44" LCD for 42 K. Hence, the mass appeal for the product
> The warranty on WANSA products is for one year which is the same for other LCD TV's

- I am not sure how good are "Made in China" products. Leave the rest for you guys to decide.

sorry for bumping this old topic, but I too saw this TV in Bangalore, I was quoted 39K for a 42" LCD TV with a 2 year warranty.

Does anyone have any idea about this brand wansa?

Sorry for a nationalistic spin on this topic but I would stay away from any Chinese products fas a principle. A country which has always been our enemy (1961), which has never respected our national borders (Arunachal Pradesh), is friends with another enemy (Pakistan) and which has recently opposed branding and punishing known terrorist organisations (in the UN) does not deserve any customers from India.

Of course, by this logic, we should stop buying USA things as well, since their funding (and purposeful blind eye) created Taliban and ISI strength in the first place...but that's a topic for another thread.

End of rant.

-Ajinkya.

Of course, by this logic, we should stop buying USA things as well, since their funding (and purposeful blind eye) created Taliban and ISI strength in the first place...but that's a topic for another thread.

Ajinkya, the only way you can fulfill this requirement is to wear wooden chappals, pyjama/kurta you have weaved and stitched yourself, eat food you have grown yourself, and sit under a tree meditating all the fine aspects of life. :)

Cheers

Sorry for a nationalistic spin on this topic but I would stay away from any Chinese products fas a principle. A country which has always been our enemy (1961), which has never respected our national borders (Arunachal Pradesh), is friends with another enemy (Pakistan) and which has recently opposed branding and punishing known terrorist organisations (in the UN) does not deserve any customers from India.

End of rant.

-Ajinkya.

don't worry. there are many americans who are using indian philosophy if not indian products. American manpower is also dominated by indians. i used to think like you some 10 years back. now i have changed my mindset. i do not use useless things which may be american/chinese /indian. eg: pepsi and coke. may a times, even if you insist indian products,the technology is still american/german/japanese etc. what will you do then?

don't worry. there are many americans who are using indian philosophy if not indian products. American manpower is also dominated by indians. i used to think like you some 10 years back. now i have changed my mindset. i do not use useless things which may be american/chinese /indian. eg: pepsi and coke. may a times, even if you insist indian products,the technology is still american/german/japanese etc. what will you do then?

In good AV which is good 100% Indian product?
Jaudere is right please tell me replacement for foll products

1) CD Player
2) HD AVR
3) DVD player ( Just search for source 50- 100% chinese make)
4) Laptop ( indian brands are all "sourced" mainly from china and cannot stand HP,Dell,Sony Etc...
5) LCD - Componants and mainly pannel is generally source
6) PC - Is there 100% made in India Intel Processor ,Maotherboard etc? What about HDD ,CDP
7) Cellphone - Nokia's are made in india but I cannot say about 100% internal parts
8) Digital cameras
9) handy cams
10) Good Whiskey -IMHO Signature & Antiquity are NOTHING compared to low priced scoth Red Label.( though I occasionally enjoy them)

and my final thing which we do not have
TECHNOLOGY

1) You buy indian car the engine is developed by Germans
2) Any Indian pathbreaking Hardware contribution?
3) Any mass market software which is indian? Windows,MS Offie,Linux,Photoshop, aCROBAT ETC?
4) Any 100% Indian plane our our aviation technology

There are 100's of examples

Please I am not saying we are inferior -I am proud to be an Indian and a petriot..but this is harsh reality ..we are bringing technology and embracing it and soon we'll invent..

But if you want to leave in world of HI _FI and gadgets we need to use international brands - and unfortuanatly many of electronic brands some componants which are chinese made ...I mean If you do not want chines IC on my motherboard of my japanese laptop ( say panasonic toughbook ) what you can do ? or how we can confirm contry of origin of each part????

anyway following thing AFAIK are made in 'SPECIFIC" contry of origin
1) Scoth Whiskey
2) Tenesse Whiskey ( Jack Daniels)
3)Conac

( why only alcohol?):eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
&
4) Swiss Watches..

IMHO Indian things are good people will embrace it - anyday I'll prefer Old Monk or Hayawords 5000 & Cannon 10000 over imported stuff !!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Ajinkya, the only way you can fulfill this requirement is to wear wooden chappals, pyjama/kurta you have weaved and stitched yourself, eat food you have grown yourself, and sit under a tree meditating all the fine aspects of life. :)

Cheers

Hi Venkaji
The notion of we Indians doing nothing but contemplation is a negative stereotype created by the western Interests. Actually it is a clever piece of brainwashing of generations via our education system - that Indians were not productive.

Indian and Chinese craftmanship, manufacturing and products were the finest in the world for a 1000 years ( and economically more productive !!) untils the Brits came to this country and destroyed our Industries systematically. Of course the invention of mechanization in the west also had a role to play...

Get a copy of Andre Gunder Frank .- ReOrient. Reviews. Books, papers, articles, debates on dependency, world system, development, underdevelopment, globalization, US imperialism

If not the book folks, atleast read the whole page above till the bottom, to get an idea :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Can we go back to the product i.e Wansa ?? Anyone has it? Would you recommend. :licklips:

No way. I'm the OP and I made sure a PV8 was bought instead and it's working great. Even the price is not so lucrative anymore. If you can source a PV8 then even that would come cheap. I believe quite a few bought it for 40K and a bit more, but no more than 44K.

@ajinkya - Let's keep off the nationalistic spin shall we. I would really go and hunt around and buy stuff from the Chinese than buy from some Indians if it were so. Come to think of it the Chinese ain't so bad as some of my fellow Indians are to me and my community. Anyway this will lead to useless political bickering so that's why let's lay off the politics shall we.

They also have a 32" 19k its tempting :indifferent14:

well i haven't seen a wansa but at around 24k u can get a sharp lcd.
cheap brands usualy are tvs that have a lcd panel and a tuner lacking all image processing tech that the expensive tvs have.they may have inferior components,old lcd panel or panels rejected from top tier 1 companies.

Hey guys -post Aug 15 myself too ,goe too far!
Sorry if anything is harsh but reality is you cannot run away from them!
Remember If you cannot beat them join them! and this competition is different - so there is another saying " If you can't win the game ,change the rules!" So we will use their stuff ,become experts,start copying ,then improving and one day we will force the world to use our stuff ! Jai Hind!

I respect Bose for one reason -and we must like it ,till now chinese are not mastered fine art of branding -and here is bose -man of indian origin ( although not migrant as popular beleif ,his father migrant indian & mother American ) is creating such a good brand that he is making money from americans- the finest brand marketers who can sell coloured ,flavered chemical mixed with water -Coke n Pepsi to the world!

Coming back to discussion - Unknown brands are absolute no no! Anything oes wrong you are butchered! And when you do not know what is the exact model even importing parts is too difficult!

Hi,

There are two ways of looking at it:
I have seen them in comparison to samsung and sony, their colors looked a little off.
But i think if one is looking at them alone in one's house , without any comparison , they should look ok.
These tv's are like a disposable commodity.I think one should spend the least possible money on the largest size avail in that budget.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back