Want to build a new home theatre in $10000

I am completely new to this field. Please suggest me some good home theatre system including the LCD Screen of around 50+ inches. My budget is $10000. Hoping for some real good advices from my fellow friends. I am here in India and most of the ppl here suggested me to go for Sony Z series LED + Bose Lifestyle system. I need some more suggestion from my friends here in forum that can help me buy and build the best possible home theatre system in this budget.

Thanks a lot in advance to all my frnds who can help me out in building my home theatre system. :)

Hi,

There was a recent meet of audiophiles where a dealer bought lot of equipment.

http://www.hifivision.com/general-c...eetup-gurgaon-6th-7th-feb-date-confirmed.html

If you just want something that's "reputable", buy If you want something you know you'll like and won't be back here in six months asking about what's better, then buy something you can audition first before you buy.

I would try and highlight a few learnings I had in the process, they are not something new, but it is always important to bear in mind.

Recommendations: What might sound good to someone else may not sound good to you, so don't go by a mindset.
Research: Use it to know what brands are available in ur city and where and please go and hear them.
Reviews: They are only directions and so is HFV forum
Audition them:This is a 'must- must' as your ears are your best judge!

BTW Bose is sad news.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Bro $10000 is approximately equals to 5 lakhs but i don't mind spending some more if the product and suggestions are good. Meanwhile i am looking forward to go for this level of quality:

Receivers:
Denon / Marantz / HK / Onkyo (876 / 5007 or 3007)

Plasmas:
Kuro or Panasonic Plasmas (50+ inches)

Projector System:
Sanyo PLV700 projector or even better the Panasonic AE4000

Speakers:
The B&W 600 series speaker system / Paradigm / KEF / Infiity

But Need some more good suggestions from my frnds over here and the experts in HT Systems. I need the best models that are worth my money. So please let me know the best options in this budget or maybe a bit more i can stretch the budget to 10 lakhs.

The above were only guidelines/ suggestions and I'm sure there are many people on this forum who have $10000 systems and have adopted them...

Last edited:
Johny, I feel you are going about this the wrong way. If you are ready to spend close to 10 lakhs, you can get a superb HT system.

1. Play attention to room acoustics. They would make a tremendous difference to the soundstage of your room.

2. Don't look just at the brands you have listed. At around 3 lakhs, you can get AVR (or pre/power) from companies such as Arcam, Parasound, or Onkyo's own Integra. Parasound is releasing a 7.1 receiver any time now that will beat all these brands hands down. Arcam has released a new model - the AVR500 in addition to it's AVR600. Integra's pre/power is very much admired in the market.

3. In terms of speakers, again, you have a much broader canvas of brands to look at. If your room construction is yet at the civil stage, look at in wall speakers from PSB, DefTech, or even Kling&Freitag. Using waveguide technology, K&F speakers can be hidden behind the screen or inside walls, and calibrated to throw sound with precise positioning.

4. You must look at products that can be integrated with the Net. This is becoming standard in both AV and music systems.

Where are you, BTW?

Cheers

The other options for a high-end HT would be to go for a dedicated processor and a dedicated amp like the Emotiva UMC-1 and Emotiva UPA-7.

There is a lot of flexibility in this model and one can get the best of music and movies in this setup. I heard a few going this route (Santosh/Subhash) and it seems a better route than the AVR at this price range.

The cost would be 1400 USD plus customs plus shipping.

Hey Buddy...

Kindly shotlist your complete Home Theatre in different categories :
Step 1 : Cabling - Rs.30-40K (Speaker Cable, HDMI, Optical, etc.)
Step 2 : Acoustic Treatment - Rs.1L approx.
Step 3 : Video - Rs.2L approx.(Plasma or Projector & Screen)
Step 4 : Audio - Speakers - Rs.3L approx.(Shortlist Brands)
Step 5 : Amplification - Rs.1L approx.(7.1 Reciever)
Step 6 : Source - Rs.50K approx. (BluRay, CD Player, TataSky)
Step 7 : Seating - Rs.50K approx. (Recliners)
Step 8 : Power Surge - Rs.15K (Required in Indian Considtions)

And if you still think you can spend more, than you can spend on
Automating your room, with one touch controls, for lighting, AC, power, etc...

Will elaborate more...but after your comments...

Bro $10000 is approximately equals to 5 lakhs but i don't mind spending some more if the product and suggestions are good. Meanwhile i am looking forward to go for this level of quality:

Receivers:
Denon / Marantz / HK / Onkyo (876 / 5007 or 3007)

Plasmas:
Kuro or Panasonic Plasmas (50+ inches)

Projector System:
Sanyo PLV700 projector or even better the Panasonic AE4000

Speakers:
The B&W 600 series speaker system / Paradigm / KEF / Infiity

But Need some more good suggestions from my frnds over here and the experts in HT Systems. I need the best models that are worth my money. So please let me know the best options in this budget or maybe a bit more i can stretch the budget to 10 lakhs.

Though I am new to the Hi End A/V world, but since I too am looking for a Full Blown HT for my new house for almost the same budget as yours I would dare to chip in few words from my end. Though soon expect a proper response from other hi end members who have actually built an HT in the same price bracet.

First and formost why have you planned for a 50" Plasma/LCD, for your budget you can have projector screen setup which would give you a far better theater experience than a Plasma or LCD, any space constrains??

Second as i said even I am planning for an dedicated HT so have been auditionig lot of brands recently in the gone months, and one thing I have learnt is.......nothing is more subjective than audio. When I started I had an all together different expectations form certain Brands and after taking the auditions some of the far lesser price products made me more satisfied then the usual expensive suggested ones.

Like for example B&W coupled with rotel amp was a letdown for me in both 5.1and Stereo setup. Though B&W and rotel both being quite a reputated brand and expensive too, I just loved the sound of Warfdales 10.5 with Marantz amp for stereo. For 5.1 AAD and Dali Ikon with DENON were close contenders as compared to Paradigm.

So the point is ......if you are serious to build an HT, go out there and spend some time with dealers and take demos, your decission would drasticaly be impacted if not completely altered....:)

Where are you located BTW, my experience for all my audiotioning and experience with Delhi NCR dealers can be found out HERE

Hello,

I am really and heartly thankful to all the respected members who have given their valuable time in reading my thread and suggested me such valuable things. I agree to the fact that i should do my homewrk first and decide what exactly i need to buy.

I am here making a very humble request to all the HT owners who are members here if you can pls let me be a part of your respectable community and allow me to visit your places to see the demo of your collections.

I live in chandni chowk and really a novice in the world of HT systems. I would appreciate some true guidance and help from my forum friends in suggesting me what all is needed to build up a good HT setup and how should i go with it.

Meanwhile i am ready to do my homework as well and decide on the brands after auditioning the stuff at the showrooms.

Also, i would request if anyone of you can give me the list of names and address of shops in chandni chowk, okhla, gk, noida, saket, cr park and all other delhi ncr as well so that i can go and see a demo of the products.

Once again i thank everyone who is here a zillion times for considering my request and help me out by giving the suggestions.

Feedback from all the respected members is awaited on this.

Lots of warm regards.

I am here making a very humble request to all the HT owners who are members here if you can pls let me be a part of your respectable community and allow me to visit your places to see the demo of your collections.

Also, i would request if anyone of you can give me the list of names and address of shops in chandni chowk, okhla, gk, noida, saket, cr park and all other delhi ncr as well so that i can go and see a demo of the products.

Once again i thank everyone who is here a zillion times for considering my request and help me out by giving the suggestions.

Feedback from all the respected members is awaited on this.

Lots of warm regards.

Well my setup is not worth a 10KUSD demo, but will have one when my house is complete, so you can consider this an advance invitation :D
Anyway here are few addresses I visited at the places you have mentioned.

1. Chandani Chowk

HI Fi Zone
782, Lajpat Rai Market Delhi 6
Phone : 011/23863304/23875782

2. Chandani Chowk

Gemini Traders
52 Gr Floor Bagichi Madhodass
Opp Old Lajpat Rai Electronics
New Red Fort Parking Delhi 6
011-23866526

3. Okhla

Sight n Sound
Tarun Kumar
D-12/4 Okhla Industrial Area Phase II
Delhi 20

4. CR Park

Fx Entertainment
40/46 CR Park
Delhi 19
011/40507113/4

5. GK
Sound of Music
N-61 Windsor Mansion GK 1
Delhi 48

5. Dwarka
Bass n treble
f-6 Sec 5 Main Market
Dwarka
Delhi- 75

And I already have provided you the link where in I have shared my experience with each dealer I visited.

Regards
Sammy

I must thank you Sammy for this great help. Let me also visit the dealers in lajpat rai market as i stay at chandni chowk only. Then i will move further for other dealers.

Also, like to have your mobile number and address so that we can fix a meeting day when your HT room is ready :).

Good luck to you mate :):)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back