Want to buy a 3d led tv under 65k .. need guidance or suggestion

techy.saurabh

Hi Guys,

I am from Pune. I am looking to buy a 3d led tv of decent size. My max budget is 65k INR. I did a bit of research and found that in this budget, I can either get a 40-42 inch 4k tv or 40-43 inch 3d, full hd tv. I like the 3d tech more as i enjoy it in theaters. Please provide your suggestions for future prosepect, which tech is better ? Also, I saw that there are not many 3d tvs available.

Mainly i could find only 2 -

1. LG LB6500 - web os, 42", full hd, passive 3d, etc

2. SONY 800W SERIES - 43", Android with webcam, full hd,active 3d, etc

As per reviews, I found passive 3d is better and though the display of Sony was better, lg has passive 3d and inexpensive 3d glasses. Sony doesn't give any with TV and 1 costs 1500. LG gives 4 free. Also the price difference is anyway 8k without counting glasses.

Please provide your views and suggestions and you are gurus in this field. I am not brand conscious so looking for more of a value for money deal.

Try SONY 43W900C. This is the best for the budget and latest too. It has 3D, Android, 16 GB internal, woofer speakers, 800 refresh rate and triluminous display too.. Just increase your budget to 68K.

But the main difference is that Sony has active 3D, which is not good compared to passive. Also the glasses are very expensive which adds another 6k to the cost.

Look for LG as this will come with Passive & your budget.

On the side notes, there was an offer online few months back on onida which came less than 34k for 40 inch passive 3d and of course all sold out.
According to me it was really an awesome TV with superb picture and build quality. Just it lacked features like smart tv. Look for any similar deals online.

I have the same requirements as you. Did some research myself and have finalized Sony Bravia KDL-43W800c. You can get it from Flipkart (67K) or eBay (55.6K):

Buy Sony BRAVIA KDL-43W800C 108cm (43) Full HD 3D LED Android TV Online at best Prices In India

Sony Bravia 43" KDL 43W800C LED TV With Sony India Warranty | eBay

Main Features:
Android Lollipop 5.0 OS (Hopfully with periodic updates) - meaning a variety of Apps & Games.
Active 3D
In-built Google Cast

Officially, the only compatible Sony 3D glasses is the TDG-BT500A, which you can purchase from Snapdeal:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony-tdgbt500a-full-3d-glasses/248462663

If you do decide to purchase this TV, you can get Software Updates directly OTA from the TV itself, or download & install manually via USB:

System Software Update for Asia Pacific : Download : Sony India

There are no reviews for this model on this forum. See if you get a chance to post one if you buy it. I'm planning on buying it within the next 10 days or so; waiting for Independance Day offers from Flipkart, and also hoping prices will decrease as Sony has started manufacturing this model locally in India:

Sony starts local manufacturing in India after a decade of imports - The Times of India

Android M is going to add Bluetooth Audio and external USB storage:

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Android TV Gains Native Support For External Storage And A2DP Bluetooth Streaming

Android M allows Android TV developers to create channels of continuous content, users to format USB drives as internal | 9to5Google

I have the same requirements as you. Did some research myself and have finalized Sony Bravia KDL-43W800c. You can get it from Flipkart (67K) or eBay (55.6K):

Buy Sony BRAVIA KDL-43W800C 108cm (43) Full HD 3D LED Android TV Online at best Prices In India

Sony Bravia 43" KDL 43W800C LED TV With Sony India Warranty | eBay

Main Features:
Android Lollipop 5.0 OS (Hopfully with periodic updates) - meaning a variety of Apps & Games.
Active 3D
In-built Google Cast

Officially, the only compatible Sony 3D glasses is the TDG-BT500A, which you can purchase from Snapdeal:

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sony-tdgbt500a-full-3d-glasses/248462663

If you do decide to purchase this TV, you can get Software Updates directly OTA from the TV itself, or download & install manually via USB:

System Software Update for Asia Pacific : Download : Sony India

There are no reviews for this model on this forum. See if you get a chance to post one if you buy it. I'm planning on buying it within the next 10 days or so; waiting for Independance Day offers from Flipkart, and also hoping prices will decrease as Sony has started manufacturing this model locally in India:

Sony starts local manufacturing in India after a decade of imports - The Times of India

Android M is going to add Bluetooth Audio and external USB storage:

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Android TV Gains Native Support For External Storage And A2DP Bluetooth Streaming

Android M allows Android TV developers to create channels of continuous content, users to format USB drives as internal | 9to5Google

Sorry about the duplicate posts above. Must have hit Submit twice.

Wanted to add another key feature that is not available on any other TV:

Serial AbTak
From the description on Sony's website, it sounds like this allows you to stream certain National & Regional TV Shows. Not sure if this is free or paid. Can't find any further details on this.
I'm planning on taking a demo at a Sony Center later this week, so will post an update then.

Also, Notify Bravia allows you to get your Android phone's notifications on the TV. Here's the app on the Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.sid.notifybravia

Couple of other useful apps that can be used with Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.tvsideview.phone

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tv.remote

Well .. sounds good but as you see 1 3d glass for this tv costs 2k but LG passive 3d glass is just few 100 rs.This can add up to the cost in future. Also passive 3d has much better reviews than active.

The ebay deal is pretty good though but very less trustworthy. Currently, there are just these 3 models for comparison -

LG LB6500
Panasonic 42as670d
Sony Bravia 43" KDL 43W800C

LG has some good features and webos is good. Panasonic has very good refresh rate.

I see sites like ebay & shopclues are selling imported TVs at much cheaper price. Is it worth to buy through them ?

eBay is safe in my opinion, at least with the seller whose link I shared in my initial post. Highly positive ratings and comes with manufacturer warranty. If you look at the product page, you'll see that about 20 people have already bought this model from him. Also,eBay has a solid return/refund policy.
My opinion is to avoid Shopclues as I believe they don't provide Manufacturer warranty, rather seller warranty - which is a big no no especially for expensive electronics.

Took a demo of the Sony at their official center earlier today and experimented with the Android OS - tried the Serial Abtak (has a handful of Hindi,regional & English channels; most of them had only old episodes though. Not sure if it needs and update or what), was able to use my android phone as remote controller for the TV via the Bravia app, tried some 3d &1080p films with my USB stick - worked flawlessly. The 3d glasses and overall 3d quality were quite impressive. I suggest you too take demo if possible. Oh, and they had a Logitech F710 Bluetooth game controller (which incidentally I own too) that works with this TV - used it to play a game they'd downloaded from the Play Store.
Couldn't find any reviews.on the Panasonic & LG models you're considering; let me know if you do.
Overall, personally, although I'm biased towards Sony (since I have a PS3 and will be getting a PS4 soon), the demo helped me further cement my decision and I will be purchasing from eBay or Fliapkart next week, depending on which site offers a better deal. I have an old LCD TV for which Flipkart gives 6K in exchange.

FYI - 2 Year extended warranty on the Sony is 5K.

But the main difference is that Sony has active 3D, which is not good compared to passive. Also the glasses are very expensive which adds another 6k to the cost.

Hi Saurabh,

I am using LG 3D TV for more than 2 years. For me getting the hall like 3D experience in home is a little bit expensive. For enjoying 3D I feel the min screen size should be 55 inch , but it depends on the viewing distance.

The main advantage of active 3D is you will get full 1080p while viewing 3D movie, but sometime you may experience some flickering. In passive 3D, the flickering won't be there, but you may have to compromise in the pic quality while viewing 3D. Also the passive 3D glasses are available much more better quality than LG offer in ebay in cheaper price, search for reald3D. Here is the interesting link for you :
TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science.

And what is your source for 3D, is it the bluray, or 3D rip? 3D quality also depends on source.

My points:
Go for the biggest size possible for the money. You will regret anything below 50 inch, sooner or later.
Go for UHD/ 4K ONLY above 55 inch, a full hd 1080 p is good enough on a 55 inch from 12ft distance.
eBay will be a lot cheaper, i bought my 48" samsung Smart, 3D for 58k almost an year back.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back