Want to buy a new Home Theater

RajaM

Hi All,

I want to buy a best home theater for my FULL HD LG LV3730 LED TV to get a best theater effects experience.

My Specifications:
  • My Price Range Rs. 10,000 to 20,000 /-
  • 5.1 Home Theater with Digital Optical input *DVD/Blueray player not required :)
  • Excellent Bass/Treble.. it should be Doubly Digital.

I know I'm expecting much under a less price tag but please suggest me if there is a good one above 20k if i spend.

Right now in my mind this model is there Philips HTD5570-94 Home Theater|Online Shopping at Shopclues.com suggest me if there is a better one.

Thank you :rolleyes:,

Regards
Raja

Hi RajaM

The Philips model and other LG or Sony models available are not TRUE HOME THEATRE systems...it is more like Home Threatre in a Box (HTiB).

Entry level Home Threatre for you would be the Yamaha YHT series which is available with Vijay Sales / Reliance Digital / Croma / E Zone.....Would suggest you visit any Home Threatre dealer who has Denon / Marantz / Onkyo etc with Bostons / KEFs / JBLs / Whaferdale etc and see what the experience is like......a decent setup would cost from 35k onwards.....I use a Marantz AVR + Boston Acoutsic Speakers which cost around 50k..better than Bose speakers anyday and the AVR is slim in size and performs better than its competitors who are bulky...tons of online reviews are available for you to make the right choice.....

Hope this helps.

Raja,

Stay away from Sony/LG/Phillips, these are not true HTs, when auditioned in stores these will sound loud, but thats where it stops. These are just loud with little clarity. These brands club a DVD player with amplifier and they come in package. So when one thing stops functioning, you will have to replace everything. Also, most of them do not have multiple HDMI inputs. I would suggest to at-least buy Yamaha 199 (around 23K) to get a good experience. If you can go a little higher 35-40K then there are many good HTs (Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back