Want To Buy Drum Set for my 3 year old!! Suggestions/Advice needed.

Demon

Hi Guys,
My almost 3 year old son is very interested in playing drums. If we are in the vicinity of any percussion instrument he will be just fixated on how they are playing and would ask me to let him try it. Anything and everything that gets into his hand will eventually be used for drumming. His 3rd birthday falls next Sunday and we are planning to gift him a proper drum set and we figured there are junior versions available which can be used for 3-8 year olds. I inquired a few shops and found that only Infinity Junior drum kit and DB Junior drum kit available in Chennai. Most of the shops don't stock the Junior versions. I have no experience with any musical instruments.
Please guide me on which drum set to go for and where to get it from. or is it ok to go for regular drum sets too?

Regards
Rajeswaran K

Last edited:
Hi Demon,

I have a 4.5 yr old and a Pearl VBX. He loves it and plays it every day. He is not awesome or anything but he loves playing it and has started to pick up a good rhythm. I believe you should pick up a full size kit, and your son will grow into it.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Hi Demon,

I have a 4.5 yr old and a Pearl VBX. He loves it and plays it every day. He is not awesome or anything but he loves playing it and has started to pick up a good rhythm. I believe you should pick up a full size kit, and your son will grow into it.

B Rgds,
Raj.

@rajagopal

Thanks for the reply. Even i thought of getting him a second hand proper drum set like Mapex, but my wife was against it saying he will not be able to use it fully. That's why we started searching for the junior versions of the same.

Hi

My son will be three in July, he too is crazy abt drums ... iam also planing to get him nice drum set .....

Regards

Tanoj

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back