Want to have a web-conferencing solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmypassion

I am looking for a web-conferencing solution for my office. We have checked various options, but most of them are very costly going over 3L.

One product which came to my attention is Stream HD Content Wirelessly from Your PC to Your TV | Warpia. I want to stream powerpoint presentations, excels etc also and want to see them in the monitor.

Please advise me on this if you have come across any solutions.

most of the av streaming solutions use udp. if a few packets are missed, it doesnt matter as it will appear as a minor glitch with the video. you cant afford to do that with power point excel etc, hence it needs to use tcp or the upper network layers need to provide reliability.

According to yahoo answers, this is good.
Web Meeting | GoToMeeting

cheap too:
GoToMeeting Pricing | GoToMeeting

We do use goto meeting, but for giving demos and all to our clients. My concern is different, everyday morning I have meeting with a team, say 5 to 7 members in our conference hall. Sometimes if one person or other travels abroad and want to join the meeting, how can I make it happen? I know they can use skype as an alternative, but what if more people are joining from outside.

Also, i may require to stream the data in my laptop to the LCD monitor so that everyone in the room can view it. That is the reason why I checked Warpia.

Go TO Meeting, Webex, etc are good options. You can also implement microsoft lync...please explain in more detail about the requirement

Little confused here about "streaming content from your desktop", but I believe the point of web conference service is to make sure that attendees see your desktop in (almost) real time. I think it is possible with Go To Meeting.

Also when I see the website it says voice is free with the package. Or may be I didn't completely understand your requirement...

Sorry, I have not put my requirements in a clearer way... here you go...

We have daily meetings in our conference hall, a maximum of 10 people will be attending it. Sometimes, our overseas office staff also joins the meeting throgh skype.

Right now, I am using my laptop to show any documents in the bigger monitor placed in the front of our conference hall, this is done so that everybody can see it. For that to happen, everyone needs to send their documents to my laptop and then only I can share it through the monitor. I am using hdmi cable to connect between my laptop and monitor. I want to stream documents wirelessly to the monitor. I wanted to know if this is possible, If yes, how? Please help.

Go To Meeting should do for this requirement.

Sharing of documents will not be necessary( other than for your references /evaluation ) and the document can still be on each participants machine and they can be made the presenter on the fly to show the doc.
and in the hall any single pc/laptop output can be projected - everyone will see the same thing.

not sure if the webcam output gets streamed too. - never tired this.

For web conferencing, i have had very good success with webex and MS Live Meeting.

If you are referring to video conferencing, then its a very different ball game. There are no cheap alternatives to it. My company has a dedicated video conference room that is wired to similar rooms in other locations and it works fine. But the cost is very very high.

I would look to something like Skype or MS Live Conferencing as cheap options. For better results and higher cost you can check VSee (VSee: Video Instant Share). they offer a 30 day trial as well.

Well, I personally know someone who can help you with a solution. I have been using a fixed boardroom based solution till I came across this offering. Sent you a pm with the person's email ID.

Sorry, I have not put my requirements in a clearer way... here you go...

We have daily meetings in our conference hall, a maximum of 10 people will be attending it. Sometimes, our overseas office staff also joins the meeting throgh skype.

Right now, I am using my laptop to show any documents in the bigger monitor placed in the front of our conference hall, this is done so that everybody can see it. For that to happen, everyone needs to send their documents to my laptop and then only I can share it through the monitor. I am using hdmi cable to connect between my laptop and monitor. I want to stream documents wirelessly to the monitor. I wanted to know if this is possible, If yes, how? Please help.

I have the exact same requirement - and we use a combination of Google Plus Hangout for video conferencing and join.me for content sharing. Both are free which is the nicest part, but actually, both are also more reliable and faster than WebEx. WebEx lag is sometimes terrible for overseas meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back