• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Warranty for LG OLEDC7

AV Cables

vamsik

Hello
I recently purchased LG 55 Inch C7 OLED. I am very happy with the TV. The question I had was- What do you think on purchasing the extended warranty? The warranty does cost a bomb.

Regards
Vamsi

elangoas

Hello
I recently purchased LG 55 Inch C7 OLED. I am very happy with the TV. The question I had was- What do you think on purchasing the extended warranty? The warranty does cost a bomb.

Regards
Vamsi

Congrats on your purchase..You have bought a very niche display..

Usually the extended warranty is a fixed price depending on the size of your display (or) a % of your TV offer price..

Since you must have spent substantially for the TV, it would be best to secure it with 2 yrs extended warranty.. Anything unfortunate happens in these 3 yrs of ownership, the company will repair (or) replace the product free of cost..

IMO, it is a calculated gamble..

vamsik

Congrats on your purchase..You have bought a very niche display..

Usually the extended warranty is a fixed price depending on the size of your display (or) a % of your TV offer price..

Since you must have spent substantially for the TV, it would be best to secure it with 2 yrs extended warranty.. Anything unfortunate happens in these 3 yrs of ownership, the company will repair (or) replace the product free of cost..

IMO, it is a calculated gamble..

Thanks a lot for the suggestion

niv

1.75 lakhs

That's very good deal, I have got offer of B7, 55" model for 1.85L, still haven't made my mind yet.

What is the main difference of C7 and B7 ?

How much extended warranty cost you? 3 or 4 years ?

vamsik

That's very good deal, I have got offer of B7, 55" model for 1.85L, still haven't made my mind yet.

How much extended warranty cost you? 3 or 4 years ?

There is not much difference between C7 and B7.

As I understand, there is a great deal of competition between local retailers and they are going aggressive on price. I suppose the landing price is around 1.65. So anything you bargain is good.

Extended warranty is expensive. 28K for 1 year and 52K for 2 years. For the Diwali, they have 1+1 warranty. So 2 years will cover total 4 years warranty.

Reactions: niv

reignofchaos

The only difference between the b7 and c7 is the design. All 2017 oleds have the same feature set and image quality.

ak73

Hello

Regards
Vamsi

Hi, I'm also interested in C7 and found out that the 1+1 warranty from LG is not the same for both years, that is the first year is comprehensive and second year warranty covers only the panel/module and you need to pay from your pocket if you have some issues apart from panel/module. The extended warranty though is, again, comprehensive. So please note this if you didn't already know .:)

niv

Hi, I'm also interested in C7 and found out that the 1+1 warranty from LG is not the same for both years, that is the first year is comprehensive and second year warranty covers only the panel/module and you need to pay from your pocket if you have some issues apart from panel/module. The extended warranty though is, again, comprehensive. So please note this if you didn't already know .:)

Ha ha.. It means, you have to wait for one year with faulty mother board to claim in third year :lol:

ak73

I'm getting a quote of 26k plus GST for 1 year and 44k plus GST for two years extended warranty from LG. This is after 20% discount if you get LG additional warranty within 30 days from purchase. Reliance is offering extended warranty of 3 years plus making the second year comprehensive (LG gives only panel for 2nd year) at 35k all inclusive, so that I will be covered for 5 years. Any thoughts/advice? Thanks.