Warranty Service Nightmare with Headphonezone/Denafrips for PONTUS II

my experience with HPZ so far has been good. a niece had an issue with a headphone and they replaced it with the newer model under warranty.
As above your best option is to create a twitter/insta/facebook acount and post it to them. it always works better than anything else.
From their warranty clause for Denafrips, it is clear that they have no control over the repair time depending on the complexity, so escalating it on social media may only worsen the relationship.
It is better to keep up the communication internal to the company and move to other options if Headphonezone starts to shy away from its commitment/promises.
However, it is prudent to simultaneously email Vinshine as they are the backend for the service support to Headphonezone. It could help in a faster resolution of he problem.

May be you should write to the manufacturer as well. If their product is being sold here, it’s in their interest (and also their responsibility) to ensure that it can get serviced capably within reasonable time. They should provide the required training/spares/replacements for the same to their Indian representatives.

As suggested got in touch with Alvin/Vinshine and got a very prompt response.

Vinshine-revert.jpg

Well another update from Vinshine.. A great one to start the week

Vinshine-revert-01jpg.jpg
This clearly shows HPZ was not at all keen to solve the issue or wanting to do something about it.
Same thing what you did , a distributor and manufacturer would have surely much better communication.
Looking by the way things moved swiftly when it came to notice of vinshine i am pretty sure the delay was not from their side

Like i said, I have not met any dealer in my audio journey as responsive as Alvin. Others have a lot to learn from him

+100
Not only did he get back to my initial query immediately, but also followed up a few days later to check if everything was ok. Peace of mind is a huge factor when I buy electronics and I regularly return to products whose dealers I trust.

It is truly heartening to know of such support from manufacturers. I had a similar experience with Hifiman, their support was exceptional when I faced problem with one of their headphones which was still under warranty. After few emails and a video I sent across, they sent a full replacement from China which arrived within 4 days.

Shouldn't the manufacturer be doing the repair? Is HPZ even a certified service centre for them?
Remind me to not get Chi-fi in India if products can't even be serviced properly

Shouldn't the manufacturer be doing the repair? Is HPZ even a certified service centre for them?
Remind me to not get Chi-fi in India if products can't even be serviced properly
Here is a reminder like you asked for 😜

In India most boutique audio firms don't have enough sales for full fledged presence and even the distributors don't see a case to invest in an authorised service licence. On the other hand full fledged RMA shipping is to expensive and red tape filled so both parties try to manage with some minimal training and parts shipments

Most products from Vinshine (that includes Denafrips, Kinki Studio and Jays Audio) have a modular design. Any issues I had were user diagnoseable with nothing more than a multimeter. The replacement parts were promptly shipped by the manufacturer via DHL with detailed instructions on installation. No soldering! Even when my connection error resulted in a blown amp, Vinshine arranged for a free replacement of the burned out board, without alleging that it was my fault. Reviews on the net are full of praise for Vinshine/Alvin's service standards. HFZ's attitude is indeed surprising!

Most products from Vinshine (that includes Denafrips, Kinki Studio and Jays Audio) have a modular design. Any issues I had were user diagnoseable with nothing more than a multimeter. The replacement parts were promptly shipped by the manufacturer via DHL with detailed instructions on installation. No soldering! Even when my connection error resulted in a blown amp, Vinshine arranged for a free replacement of the burned out board, without alleging that it was my fault. Reviews on the net are full of praise for Vinshine/Alvin's service standards. HFZ's attitude is indeed surprising!
I remember the old PC days wherein a display or sound is not working the engineer comes and uses his test cards and confirms either card is faulty and new one will be on the way, I was expecting the same over here since its a modular. For around one and half months HPZ was not able to identify it and a single mail to vinshine/Alvin the fault has been identified and the replacement board is on its way.

My concern is what HPZ was doing during these days, wasn't they involved Vinshine?

I remember the old PC days wherein a display or sound is not working the engineer comes and uses his test cards and confirms either card is faulty and new one will be on the way, I was expecting the same over here since its a modular. For around one and half months HPZ was not able to identify it and a single mail to vinshine/Alvin the fault has been identified and the replacement board is on its way.

My concern is what HPZ was doing during these days, wasn't they involved Vinshine?
My other concern is whether hfz will sulk because you contacted Vinshine and make sure that the new board fails!

Had a very bad experience with headphonezone, I noticed issue with my dac within 3 days. Informed them immediately with video. They took many days to investigate and now saying, it is beyond return period. I didn't expect, this much poor service. Beware. It is a nightmare to deal with issues. There is no one to talk to, with proper response.

IMG_20230110_220717.jpg

Had a very bad experience with headphonezone, I noticed issue with my dac within 3 days. Informed them immediately with video. They took many days to investigate and now saying, it is beyond return period. I didn't expect, this much poor service. Beware. It is a nightmare to deal with issues. There is no one to talk to, with proper response.

View attachment 74390
What was the issue that took them time to investigate ?
regds

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back