Washing Machine Woes...

Yes, there's nothing wrong if you take the ladies' opinion, provided you can buy with consensus :) But here it was against moserw's wishes...and the subject here is not about cooking or selecting furniture or furnishing. This subject is similar to what we discuss here on this forum. This is our hobby guys...electronics.... We give expert views on various products to other users, and try to convince him what is good for him to buy...moserw is the number one poster.... You get what I mean?

No I don't understand what you mean really. Why are ladies associated with cooking, selecting furniture, ... Guess who you see on top cooking shows for these professions? Ladies? One can roll of top cooks that are not ladies - Sanjeev Sharma, Emeril, Wolfgang, ... Not ladies again.

Just because you and I have hobbies in 'tronics does not make advice from others even from novices any less important.

And how many ladies do we find here? Are you a lady mars? your nick doesn't suggest anything. I am not, though my nick may sound like one:lol:

I am not.

Let's not talk about relationships and compromises, we are not into family counseling here :lol:
We are definitely not in counselling, just opinions - some expert, some not so expert. So leave it at that.

No I don't understand what you mean really. Why are ladies associated with cooking, selecting furniture, ... Guess who you see on top cooking shows for these professions? Ladies? One can roll of top cooks that are not ladies - Sanjeev Sharma, Emeril, Wolfgang, ... Not ladies again.

These are some of the departments I felt where ladies normally can be left alone (if required) to make their choices & decisions in buying.

Well it is often said that men at the best chefs. But in your household, do you manage your kitchen? I myself grill chicken, everyday. But that's hardly managing of that department. The ladies do it well.

Just because you and I have hobbies in 'tronics does not make advice from others even from novices any less important.

I have always agreed that you should take opinions from others. And in a forum, lesser no. of posts does not mean he is a novice & less knowledgeable. But finally what you buy should be your choice. I was under the impression that guys who stick around forums like this one, will obviously be passionate about electronics and will be have an affinity to most household electronic appliances, and hence an obvious decision maker at home.

I consider us as an elite group, because majority of the guys out there, are quite an ignorant bunch, as far as electronics & IT goes...

I have videocon WM for last 12+ yrs(semi) without any complaint.
Even Godrej friedge for 20yrs without single servicing.

I installed 2 AC Godrej & Sam last yr,Godrej did servicing with proper intervels(no need to inform them), but Sam,we had to informed them & did only 1 servicing.
Warrenty is over & still 3 are remaining.:sad:

Every Company in India is busy selling their product , no one is interested in giving prompt after sales service. This includes top brands like Sony-Panasonic-Nikon to cheap Chinese Products.

This is what happens when Consumers are gifted with a miserable Consumer Law and shameful legal setup.

I have suffered hence I know the agony of it.

i only have nice things to say about the Koreans!! I have a LG semi automatic wala machine and it is working fine for last 10 years. Only recently the control circuit board was replaced....

I feel that fully automatic washing machine is not suitable for us middle class people living in cities. I feel a semi will be more suitable because it uses less water and pocket friendly.

Coming to the after sales service in india, unless we have harsh anti-trust/sue-ing laws, we will remain in this same state. Companies must have fear of losing vast sums of money if they do any mistake like it is there in USA. Best example is the Nokia service centres run by HCL. These are worse than any worst govt offices that i can think of. You better hope that your cell does not go bad otherwise you will be assured of harrowing time !!

Hi moserw,

I'm having a bad time with IFB. The washing machine literaly "runs" around during the spin cycle and they've not managed to solve this.

the problem of IFB moving and shaking in the spiin cycle can be corrected to a large extent by
1. always loading the machine fully with clothes, so that the "wet and heavy clothes" don't spin around fast and bang the walls of the drum, which in turn is responsible for the machine "walking"
At the same time don't overload as the cleaning efficiency will reduce drastically.
2. Placing 4 pieces of cloth (old floor mats can be cut neatly and used) under the 4 legs of the machine.
i have tried these and it works 99% of the time.

But if you want none of these and have to use the W/M even at half load then Siemens is the best solution. It works quietly at all speeds and loads.

Reju, I am a chicken lover/freak myself. Eat it daily too. In fact some of my friends call me "chicken Rajiv". Hopefully I will have your grilled chicken someday...

Hmmm...nice to know this. You are welcome any time you visit Mumbai. Though my chicken may not taste very good as I go easy on oil/ fat. Just apply some oil mildly with a brush. And no butter.

BTW I have reached Goa today on a short break with family. It's raining here. Climate's cool. Now I am all out to try the tasty food here:licklips::licklips:

Hmmm...nice to know this. You are welcome any time you visit Mumbai. Though my chicken may not taste very good as I go easy on oil/ fat. Just apply some oil mildly with a brush. And no butter.

BTW I have reached Goa today on a short break with family. It's raining here. Climate's cool. Now I am all out to try the tasty food here:licklips::licklips:

It's a great place and one of my favorites too. Try Goan Chicken Vindaloo and Goan Chicken Xacuti with local Goan brown/fried rice. Also, the seafood is great there.

Came and set it up at last today. 8th day to be exact. Guess I should be thankful it happened at least now. What they've done is make sure I will not be buying anymore Korean products for a while (probably never if I have anything to do with it).

Came and set it up at last today. 8th day to be exact. Guess I should be thankful it happened at least now. What they've done is make sure I will not be buying anymore Korean products for a while (probably never if I have anything to do with it).

Sony service is pathetic and they are consistently good at it:eek:hyeah:
But somehow that has not stopped me from buying Sony products, because nowadays very rarely things go bad, and I really buy with hope that I will not need their service.:)

In your case, LG is known for good service, it's only your bad luck. If you find any good LG product, you shouldn't hesitate to go for it, just because of this washing machine episode. Just wash it off your memory. Some bad experiences are best forgotten. :)

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back