WD 220 or BA A26 for Norge 1000

Is it possible to connect laptop to tube buffer and then to amplifier. I am interested to know whether usb DAC or tube buffer ,which one will be the best one for good listening experience.

Vinyl, One more question, Will it make any damage to the amp? means Connecting headphone out to amp without a buffer.. I am researching on the buffer though.
If you do not use a buffer, you will have to dial the volume pot of your amp to higher levels, which in itself is not good both for the amp and as well as speaker. Also, without a buffer, you won't get good audio quality and as I had mentioned earlier, connecting headphone/ line out of any digital source is through buffer is always better for the longevity of the amp.

Can we usb DAC instead of tube buffer ?
You can use a DAC, as DACs have line outs, but connecting DAC to amp through a buffer will smooth out the stepped sine waves from DAC, thus enhancing longevity of the amp, and for the listener, the harshness of digital music is reduced.

You can use a DAC, as DACs have line outs, but connecting DAC to amp through a buffer will smooth out the stepped sine waves from DAC, thus enhancing longevity of the amp, and for the listener, the harshness of digital music is reduced.
Thanks.
Laptop -> usb DAC -> Tube Buffer -> Amplifier -> Speaker. In this chain , i have 4 volume control knobs, Out of 4 volume knobs, which one to use to control the volume of required level and which all 3 knobs set to max level. Little confused.

Currently i am keeping Laptop and usb DAC to keep full volume and all my control is with only Amplifier volume knob.

Thanks.
Laptop -> usb DAC -> Tube Buffer -> Amplifier -> Speaker. In this chain , i have 4 volume control knobs, Out of 4 volume knobs, which one to use to control the volume of required level and which all 3 knobs set to max level. Little confused.

Currently i am keeping Laptop and usb DAC to keep full volume and all my control is with only Amplifier volume knob.
Laptop media players: about 75%.
DAC: If controlled from laptop: 75%.
If independent: approx 50%.
Buffer: 10 to 12 o' clock position, ideally 11 o' clock.
Amp: Depends upon the power of amp.
Norge 2060: 10 to 11 o' clock.
Norge 1000: 9 to 10 o' clock.
Adjust laptop and DAC as required. For buffer keep levels as mentioned. For amp, increase volume level if required, but don't heat the amp unnecessarily.

Laptop media players: about 75%.
DAC: If controlled from laptop: 75%.
If independent: approx 50%.
Buffer: 10 to 12 o' clock position, ideally 11 o' clock.
Amp: Depends upon the power of amp.
Norge 2060: 10 to 11 o' clock.
Norge 1000: 9 to 10 o' clock.
Adjust laptop and DAC as required. For buffer keep levels as mentioned. For amp, increase volume level if required, but don't heat the amp unnecessarily.
Thanks vinyl. In my current setup, i keep all the volume knobs (Laptop,DAC) to 100% and keeping my amplifier to 9-10 o clock position.
Do you think this setup will produce more heat.

Technically it may create some distortion......which active sub? Does it have High level and low level connection options?

its actually a piece of my old Sony 5.1 TZ215. I bought a sub amp board to power it. It works when I tested from mobile .. So thought to connect to the Norge amp.. I dont want to give much load or any issues to the Norge amp :D.

I bought a sub amp board to power it.

from AliExpress costed below 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has High Level connection options then you can connect it from the amp to the sub plate amp
Bro, looks like there is an high input with 3 pins (ground). But only one, means left or right I guess. So confused which should connect? Connecting only one side will impact that one side`s sound or power?

Please share a pic of the sub amp plate.....will understand better what is there and what can be used effectively

Please share a pic of the sub amp plate.....will understand better what is there and what can be used effectively
35528 Sorry, got so long busy days and couldnt come here.. this is the amp..i used an input AUX splitter from amazon instead of taking from integrated amp.. Does the job. But somehow doesnt match to the sound of Wharf speakers. I use Sub very rarely.

View attachment 35528 Sorry, got so long busy days and couldnt come here.. this is the amp..i used an input AUX splitter from amazon instead of taking from integrated amp.. Does the job. But somehow doesnt match to the sound of Wharf speakers. I use Sub very rarely.

Cant make out much from this pic....can you share the Ali Express link of this sub amp......it will perhaps contain more technical details which will ascertain.....from what I see from this pic only....it seems there is no high level inputs available.....

Cant make out much from this pic....can you share the Ali Express link of this sub amp......it will perhaps contain more technical details which will ascertain.....from what I see from this pic only....it seems there is no high level inputs available.....

Back