WD Player Media Problems

spycatcher

Hi WD Media Player users,

I just bought mine earlier this week and I am having an irritating problem: A few minutes into a movie the movie stops. I have to start again and fast forward to the point and it continues for another few minutes and stops.

I use a Seagate 160 GB Hard Drive to connect. When I connect the drive to my laptop and play the same movie through VLC Player I get no problems and the movie plays out without any interruptions.

Please help if anyone has come across the similar prob and how to fix it.

Thanks.

Hi WD Media Player users,

I just bought mine earlier this week and I am having an irritating problem: A few minutes into a movie the movie stops. I have to start again and fast forward to the point and it continues for another few minutes and stops.

I use a Seagate 160 GB Hard Drive to connect. When I connect the drive to my laptop and play the same movie through VLC Player I get no problems and the movie plays out without any interruptions.

Please help if anyone has come across the similar prob and how to fix it.

Thanks.

looks like a lose usb connection on the WD TV - just use a different HDD and see if the problem persists. This is because one of my HDDs (internal IDE in a external case) has the same problem in my HTPC but works great with my download rig.

check the hdd compatability list, as few hdd's may give problem with the player, are you using a pata or a sata hdd, is it a powered or a non powered usb hard drive.

Please provide the details as it may help in narrowing the issue because you have already done the firmware update.

As a test, copy the same file to thumbdrive and play it on the wdtv to check if the issues resurfaces or not.

Also try playing some other files if the issue is with one particular file.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back