WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

First, Did you try connecting your wdtv to avr using composite a/v cable. If that works fine, then I guess something wrong with the audio settings on ur avr.

Secondly, Did you also try changing the right audio-in on your avr? like optical-in in your case.
If you have selected the right audio-in, then something wrong with the cable, probably.

Yes i have set the audio option as digital.And have tried bot the optical ins on my AVR. Had a talk with MBR and he says there should be a light glwing at the optical in end of the cable.Don't know where it should glow,but there is no light.

sri

I havent used the optical cable, but used composite to connect my wdtv and philips htib. it works fine.

So, I haven't yet tested my optical out, yet.

Hi,

I am getting sound(stereo) through analogue connection. Do you mean to say you are seeing movie only in stereo sound? Yes i am also able to do it. Think i am doing some thing wrong with the settings for optical on my AVR. Connected my Oppo DVDP 's sound thro the optical and there is no sound from the DVDP too. So its not a WD TV fault. I have set the AVR settings as for the manual. But still no sound thro optical either form the WD or from my Oppo. Well this is frustrating.

sri

Hi

I have some doubt regarding WD TV

Some one has posted pictures (Thanks to him) that it plays true HD, is it over HDMI or Optical out?

Will this player able to play DVD Audio Rips.

In Future will it play DTS-MA or will it need a Hardware upgrade (or WD TV 3)

Thanks in advance

Regards
Gap G J

solution for choppy network movie play

i have been researching a lot for the wd hd live network video choppy play problem and have found out that some people have had some success by using a media server running on the pc.
i tried tversity and twonky but with both the video was out of synch with the audio on the wd player.

then i came accross a recommendation on a wdhd forum for the ps3 media server. movies seem to be running fine over the network with this. but if you rewind or fast forward the video goes out of sync.
i dont use the trancoding option
right now this is the best option as far as my research goes. still looking for a better one.

for everyone who has been having problems playing movies smoothly over the network with the wd live, try the ps3 media server and let us know your experiences

Last edited:
I am also from bangalore. I want to buy on wd tv live. Checked 20north. It gives a deal for 7.8 k including shipping surcharge using gift option. Can i get any better deal in bangalore or in another site? And what is this discount copun for hifivision ? where can i get it ? In the beginning of this thread , someone posted that they are able to get it from 20north for 7k. Not sure how ?

I am also from bangalore. I want to buy on wd tv live. Checked 20north. It gives a deal for 7.8 k including shipping surcharge using gift option. Can i get any better deal in bangalore or in another site? And what is this discount copun for hifivision ? where can i get it ? In the beginning of this thread , someone posted that they are able to get it from 20north for 7k. Not sure how ?

There is no hardcopy of the HFV coupon:).You just have to type HIFIVISION when asked for discount code on the 20north site while making payment for your item.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:

Hi,

In 20north it is selling for 6.4K including shipping (as gift option, excluding HIFIVISION disc.). A friend of mine booked one last week for 6.1K.

cheers

Did you update the firmware ? If yes, then check the WD TV forum for answers : http://wdtvforum.com/main/

If no, then just put it off, remove the power plug from the mains, wait for some time, then start it up again. It should play fine.

Hi argho,

I am scared to do the firmware update.Read on many forums that the update bricks the WD.As i have got it from amazon i don't have warranty too.

cheers,
sri

Hi kirthi,

Many people are taken in by the price 20north shows on the first page.Always add the item to your cart and check the final price. You can get it for around 6k only if someone is bringing it for you from US. Why don't you check out the Xtreamer on ebay India. It seems it is offered with the wifi dongle and a gift for 8k+

cheers,
sri

I checked 20 north now . It shows 6248+2061 (Shipping Incl. Surcharges) =8309 Rs for a wd tv live when i opted for check out. I tried this link
Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN < Hard Drives < Drives & Storage < Computers & Accessories : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
Can anyone tell me how can i get it for 6.4k.? I would really appreciate if someone can throw light in this ..

Hi,

The concept of this shipping surcharge is very weird. Just last week I booked one for my friend, at that time there was no shipping surcharge. Total price was 6.1K including GIFT Opt+HIFIVISION code disc. and my HDFC bank credit card had charged me only 5.9K.........later on I came to know that it was a discount on my card for some reason which I did not understand.

cheers.

I checked 20 north now . It shows 6248+2061 (Shipping Incl. Surcharges) =8309 Rs for a wd tv live when i opted for check out. I tried this link
Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN < Hard Drives < Drives & Storage < Computers & Accessories : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North
Can anyone tell me how can i get it for 6.4k.? I would really appreciate if someone can throw light in this ..

After applying HIFIVISION discount code you might get it for 7894/- but definitely not for 6.4K.
Sometime in Nov'09 I got it for 7.5K.Price increase might be b'coz of hike in dollor value.

Hi argho,

I am scared to do the firmware update.Read on many forums that the update bricks the WD.As i have got it from amazon i don't have warranty too.

cheers,
sri

Am not asking you to update the firmware. Was just checking whether you have updated recently, and hence getting problems in playback.

All you need to do is power down the unit completely (ie unplug from the power socket), wait for some time, and then restart. It should recognise and play all files.

And by the way, Western Digital will honour yr warranty, even though you bought from Amazon US. You can call WD India and check, if it gives you peace of mind.

AV God is gifting to somebody who really invest lot of money in hifi gadget without thinking of any returns, such like aneel is buying anything coming in market he is reaping the benifits of this kind of discounts... :lol:

Hi,

The concept of this shipping surcharge is very weird. Just last week I booked one for my friend, at that time there was no shipping surcharge. Total price was 6.1K including GIFT Opt+HIFIVISION code disc. and my HDFC bank credit card had charged me only 5.9K.........later on I came to know that it was a discount on my card for some reason which I did not understand.

cheers.

just like you got 8309, we were 6.4k a week back.

I had checked it and planned to order it. My laziness that I left it. Now they are adding a surcharge on gift and the total is showing as 8309. 8k if you use HFV code. Xtreamer via ebay is much better at this pricing.

Also whats the point of a Rs1500 surcharge on a gift item where the duty was anyways only Rs1500. Where are the savings?

Back