WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

When you order from 20north, how long does it take usually to reach?

I ordered wdtv live on 5th Dec. The status was changed to "Shipped by US Merchant" on 7th and still it hasn't reached. Status is still the same. First they gave an ETA of 19th and then 26th. But I don't think it will reach by 26th.

~Jain

"Shipped by US Merchant" means the product is sent to 20north warehouse by their US Merchant. After 20north receives the product in their warehouse, they will courier to India through DHL. They will also provide you tracking number. My product was sent in 2 days to their warehouse and DHL took about 5 days. If the last status was changed on 7th and still there is no international courier, then there must be delay from their Merchant's end. Why don't you call their help line number and ask for the reasons for delay?

1. You need to wait till WDTV live is launched in India for this. Currently, no warranty here
2. I might have one for sale . In the mean time why dont you ask your friend to get one from Monoprice:
For only $9.77 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Optical Toslink to Coaxial (RCA) Digital Audio Converter | Toslink Switch / Converter

Boss ,
tommorow I will Blow Our Forum With Deals From Western digital And Nationite Media Players ,And That Also With Warranty ,whats The Use Of your Vendor If We Cannot Fill Your Apetite .Also i Am star Partner In WDC ,I Even Stock Audio + Video Ready WDC HDD's .

Hi,
I got my WDTV Live today. But there is one problem. :sad:

I am not able to use the HDMI interface. Same problem described here:
Problem with HDMI Output - WDTV FORUMS

None of the solutions there worked for me.

I am not sure if its a problem with HDMI cable. I have a very cheap one. Does anyone of you have faced the same issue?

Thanks,
~Jain

Hi,
I got my WDTV Live today. But there is one problem. :sad:

I am not able to use the HDMI interface. Same problem described here:
Problem with HDMI Output - WDTV FORUMS

None of the solutions there worked for me.

I am not sure if its a problem with HDMI cable. I have a very cheap one. Does anyone of you have faced the same issue?

Thanks,
~Jain

How are you connecting it. i.e direct to TV or via AVR? Did you try all the HDMI ports available on the TV or AVR. Some ports may be faulty. I've used WDTV make 1, both directly to TV and via AVR using HDMI, it worked fine.

cheers.

How are you connecting it. i.e direct to TV or via AVR? Did you try all the HDMI ports available on the TV or AVR. Some ports may be faulty. I've used WDTV make 1, both directly to TV and via AVR using HDMI, it worked fine.

I dont have an AVR. Directly connected to TV. And I have only one HDMI cable. :sad: When I select HDMI, It blinks twice and comes back to component.

I dont have an AVR. Directly connected to TV. And I have only one HDMI cable. :sad: When I select HDMI, It blinks twice and comes back to component.

Ok, get the device to my place when/if ever possible. We can do all possible test and try to solve or come to a conclusion.;)

cheers.

Just check what is the maximum resolution, refresh rate and bit depth supported by your TV. Typically the default setting for refresh rate is auto and bit depth the lowest so that all TVs show a picture initially. If for some reason these settings get disturbed, the TV can not show picture and it becomes difficult to come back to normal mode (since you can not see the menu).

If everything in settings is fine then check the loose connection. I have seen that even if the HDMI cable is slightly loose, picture won't be visible.

Lastly, the HDMI cable might be faulty. Try using that cable at your friends house or borrow his working cable to find where the fault lies.

Hi,

I got my WD TV Live on this weekend. Ordered from 20 north for 7.7k after using discount coupon. They took exactly 14 days for delivery.

As mentioned in Specs. its playing all the formats flawlessly.

Regards
Satya.

Glad that you received your WD TV Live. What firmware version was pre installed on receipt. I too received my WD TV Live.

It was pre installed with firmware version 1.01.11. I want to know what version of firmware is installed in WD TV Live new piece? Can any body tell me or remember what firmware was installed before your manual upgrade?

I bought from 20north.com, ordered on 22 dec, received on 16 Jan with duty paid option.

Hi Everybody,
A Foolish question but a question never the less. What is this WDTV?

What I see is that it Helps me watch Movies etc from my USB drive. So what about if My TV/DVD already has a slot for the same. How does this help. ?

Hi Everybody,
A Foolish question but a question never the less. What is this WDTV?

What I see is that it Helps me watch Movies etc from my USB drive. So what about if My TV/DVD already has a slot for the same. How does this help. ?

These USB ports on DVDp/TV are all limited to FAT32 complaint device. And have limitations in the no. of file formats supported. Like if you need to play a file which is more than 4GB in size with DTS 5.1 audio, the DVDp/TV USB ports do not help. So as an alternative we have these Media Players which supports almost all available audio/video formats readable from both FAT32/NTFS complaint devices.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Hi everyone. newbie here. just wanted to thank everyone for posting their experiences about this media player. took the plunge today and ordered a wd live player from 20 north. hope i get it soon without any hassles.

Amarbir[Lynx-India];98372 said:
Boss ,
tommorow I will Blow Our Forum With Deals From Western digital And Nationite Media Players ,And That Also With Warranty ,whats The Use Of your Vendor If We Cannot Fill Your Apetite .Also i Am star Partner In WDC ,I Even Stock Audio + Video Ready WDC HDD's .

My 2 Q's

1. Advantage of Lynx-India over 20north?
2. Any reviews of Nationite HDVP1 media player?

Regds

Guys,
Any idea at what price WDTV live is selling in India ?. I am looking for a dealer in b'lore. Do you have any contact numbers ?

Guys,
Any idea at what price WDTV live is selling in India ?. I am looking for a dealer in b'lore. Do you have any contact numbers ?

The lowest price in Chennai i got was 9.8k. It is available on ebay India for around 10.4k

cheers,
sri

Since i never saw:lol: an media player, i asked to my cousin for whom I have ordered thru AMZ/post to bring yesterday to my house...

Whatever the files i have in my hard disk it played flawlessely and i have connected it thru HDMI port to my AVR.

I dont have any Dolby-Tru HD rips, hence could not test the sound of same. All other normal formats dolby/DTS is perfectly playing.

Maximum size of rip i have is 15GB BD Rip of Kanthasamy-Tamil Movie with DTS sound and it played very neatly without any stuttering and sound is very perfect ... Easily i could forward very fast/rewind and it responded good.. Good one and worth a buy for rip movie watchers...:)

Hi,

I purchased the WD TV Live from 20North for 8.1K (including duty and shipping). Good service from 20North! Delivered in 2 weeks. Shipped through Bluedart with good packaging.

The product itself is great. I already have WD TV HD. The new version is surely better. It is faster, my wife thinks the picture is better (may be because of deep color support), and the wireless feature rocks. I attached a wireless N USB dong, and it was easy to setup the network. I could immediately see the shares from my media server. I can also see the USB hard disk attached to WD TV Live mapped as a drive on my server. So I can copy stuff directly to that disk over the LAN! Youtube and the two internet radio stations already setup on the player, work as expected. I am not too much into low quality audio and video, so I did not bother to figure out if you can play from other websites too or not. Audio and pictures stream well from the server, but the video streaming is flaky. I think that could be because I do not have a wireless N router.

Uncompressed AVI (my home video) does not play as smoothly as H.264 video. So I would need to convert to H.264 as I did for WD TV HD.

Overall a good product. Highly recommended.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi,

I purchased the WD TV Live from 20North for 8.1K (including duty and shipping). Good service from 20North! Delivered in 2 weeks. Shipped through Bluedart with good packaging.

The product itself is great. I already have WD TV HD. The new version is surely better. It is faster, my wife thinks the picture is better (may be because of deep color support), and the wireless feature rocks. I attached a wireless N USB dong, and it was easy to setup the network. I could immediately see the shares from my media server. I can also see the USB hard disk attached to WD TV Live mapped as a drive on my server. So I can copy stuff directly to that disk over the LAN! Youtube and the two internet radio stations already setup on the player, work as expected. I am not too much into low quality audio and video, so I did not bother to figure out if you can play from other websites too or not. Audio and pictures stream well from the server, but the video streaming is flaky. I think that could be because I do not have a wireless N router.

Uncompressed AVI (my home video) does not play as smoothly as H.264 video. So I would need to convert to H.264 as I did for WD TV HD.

Overall a good product. Highly recommended.

Thanks,
Sharad

thanks for sharing that. may i know why you chose to pay duty from 20 north? reason i am asking is i have placed an order 3 days back using the duty free option. just hoping i get it without any hassles

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back